GPU acceleration for Sony Vegas Pro 13 with r9 290

I can't get my r9 290 XFX to work with Sony Vegas 13, I tried go into properties and no setting for use r9 290 was gpu acceleration. When rendering I check for GPU it was OpenCL and then click use GPU if available and it take 4 as long to render. 

I can't get my r9 290 XFX to work with Sony Vegas 13, I tried go into properties and no setting for use r9 290 was gpu acceleration. When rendering I check for GPU it was OpenCL and then click use GPU if available and it take 4 as long to render.

Yeah, unfortunely its Sony's problem. They haven't updated their software probably to make good use of newer GPUs like the NVIDIA GTX 600 and 700 series and also AMD Radeon HD 7000 series and newer. At the moment Adobe seem to be the best for GPU acceleration on newer GPUs. Don't know when Sony will fix this or if they will ever fix this :(.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

@Russian it's this one reason that's made me really consider moving my workflow over to Adobe Premiere Pro. With their software now being subscription-based it makes it much more affordable to use their software now. Quite good I think. Adobe just seem to more up-to-date to support newer GPUs for a GPU accelerated workflow. :D

Yeah, unfortunely its Sony's problem. They haven't updated their software probably to make good use of newer GPUs like the NVIDIA GTX 600 and 700 series and also AMD Radeon HD 7000 series and newer. At the moment Adobe seem to be the best for GPU acceleration on newer GPUs. Don't know when Sony will fix this or if they will ever fix this :(.

That's weird, Vegas always brags about how they love Open CL which AMD has tons of. Though with further analysis I can confirm that with a friend of mines computer (whom I made the parts list for him to buy and also built the computer) tested with the 8350 and R9 290, and I wanted to test the power of the 290 with it's Open CL on Vegas and actually got SLIGHTLY (it honestly wasn't much) worse results than trying to render with the 8350 itself. (In other words, rendering with the CPU was better than the the GPU which was unexpected). 

That's weird, Vegas always brags about how they love Open CL which AMD has tons of. Though with further analysis I can confirm that with a friend of mines computer (whom I made the parts list for him to buy and also built the computer) tested with the 8350 and R9 290, and I wanted to test the power of the 290 with it's Open CL on Vegas and actually got SLIGHTLY (it honestly wasn't much) worse results than trying to render with the 8350 itself. (In other words, rendering with the CPU was better than the the GPU which was unexpected).

Yes, unfortunately this does seem to be a problem. It seems to be the case, from what I've read, that only older cards are supported, like the NVIDIA GTX 500 series and older, and so if you have a newer GPU you're out of luck :(.