NZXT Phantom 530

I love this case :D but the H440 is my favorite NZXT case by far.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

NZXT :wub:

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Was originally getting this but my local microcenter was out of stock.. D:<

Diamond 5 in League :)

I've never been a big fan of these cases. 

It just isn't 'my cup of tea' as the users across the pond would say. 

//ccap

Woot woot :) thx for doing this one Linus!

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

-snip-

Yes. Twist Ties! I hope more case manufacturers begin implementing these. When cases come with so little zip ties, that when you need to upgrade and redo all the wires, you have to cut them all and suddenly you're out... I dread that. Good job, NZXT.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Yeh lol, the 530 is a bit old, I'd no matter what get the H440 though, or something like the Enthoo Pro/Primo for a larger case. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Still dat plastic doe... Just my preference... But still dat plastic doe.

You can still use 4 pin into the controller/splitter it came with. It just cuts your number of outputs by half since it takes up room

the only thing i dislike is the fan mount on the side panel. it doesn't fit aesthetically. however, it seems to be less garish on the black model. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Enthoo Pro, Mini XL and Evolv pls. HWCanucks has confirmed they're first in line for the latter two.

Again, it's nice to see more case reviews.

i have the bigger 630 and i adore it, everything to me feels like they put stuff were it would help you and the biggest thing i love is they got rid of the stupid tubing pass through grommets on the back of the case 

Linus

next time a case says it "supports 240" on the bottom, check to see how much clearance you actually get when there is a power supply there. since some power supplies are longer than others, the bottom 240 support could easily be a lazily implemented bullet point on the features list or an actual design feature with some thought into it

I learned the hard way, so it came up to my mind in this review and I think it would be useful information

eh i'm regretting getting my one 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

hi linustechtips, this is my first post on this forum, thanks for all the amazing vids. i am just wondering, what is your opinion on the nzxt phantom 410. 

Thanks,

destroyer8769

I just got the H440 over this and am quite happy with my choice, the plastic exterior was the main reason why I didn't go with the 530.

I kinda, sorta wished you'd done the Phantom 820 instead, because I'm looking at that one for a build, but was a good review, anyway.   B)

Are you threatening me?!

Case looks great.  Recommended NZXT today.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I kinda, sorta wished you'd done the Phantom 820 instead, because I'm looking at that one for a build, but was a good review, anyway.   B)

i know OC3D did a review on one on a Phantom 820

He did an unboxing of the 820 over a year ago but it wasn't a review.

He did an unboxing of the 820 over a year ago but it wasn't a review.

Eeeeexcellent, that's exactly what I was looking for.  :D  :D​ 

Are you threatening me?!

With the fan controller you are able to use FOUR, 4pin fans. Two of the fans can go on the top of the controller and two on the bottom. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

With the fan controller you are able to use FOUR, 4pin fans. Two of the fans can go on the top of the controller and two on the bottom. 

no you are not able to i have the same controller on my NZXT 630 and it does not have room for 4 pin fan headers