Guiminer doesn't detect my graphics card.

Hi, so I thought that instead of just using my gaming pc I could use my old bought pc from hp to mine bitcoins with. So I downloaded guiminer and then extracted it to my desktop. But when I open the program the only thing that shows is the processor, an "amd athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 5000+". So this isn't a particularly good processor I know but I thought maybe they somehow are the same or something, so I started to mine. But I got like 500 khash/s or something so this was deffenitely the processor. Im not expecting any wonders from the graphics card but it will be higher than that... So I started to google and it said that I should remove any nvidia drivers if I had any so I did with "Driver Fusion" and one of these was working with the ethernet so that one was needed because I didn't get any internet. But I did try in between if I got access to the G-card, but no. So I reinstalled that. Not the nvidia display and physx drivers just the one for ethernet. But then I googled some more and got that I should reinstall the "AMD vision engine Control Center", and when I did install it I should instead of express installing custom install it and make sure that the SDK came along. So I did, nothing happend. Then there was something about downloading the A.P.P Open CL driver which I though came along with the amd driver. But I may be wrong. Well anyways I googled for it and downloaded something and Im not sure it's correct but it's from amd it's called open cl driver so... But it didn't work. So know Im asking you, please help me! I really want this to work. The computer is an "hp pavilion a6710sc".

Sorry for long post...

Regards,

Ludwig Johnson

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

Little confused - What actual video card do you have installed? Typically, you just need to install the latest driver, 13.4 for amd I believe, in Express mode and that is all you need to do...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

oh, ok sorry. I have the radeon hd 3650. But the processor is the amd athlon™ 64 X2 Dual core processor 5000+. If there is anything else that you didn't get just ask. Im from sweden so my english isn't super and there was a lot write so...

Regards,

Ludwig Johnson

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

I have zero experience with mining, just going off general knowledge. :) I wonder though, if that video card is even supported? I know for Folding it isn't - to old and slow. If you did get it working, I would contend that the card and cpu combo would be more expensive power wise then what you could mine, either BC or LC.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

yeah, you are probably right. It is really old so it is highly likely that is that. Too bad though.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Ludwig Johnson

Spoiler

System:

PCPP:

I don't think you should mine with that card... I doubt you'll earn anything after electricity costs.

Why do you have Nvidia drivers? you have an amd card...

Oh and that card doesn't support openCL, does it?

Wats, Driver fusion doesnt just remove GFX drivers, it search's for other chipset drivers..

You can have a nvidia chipset with an amd card.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I don't think you should mine with that card... I doubt you'll earn anything after electricity costs.

Why do you have Nvidia drivers? you have an amd card...

Oh and that card doesn't support openCL, does it?

That may be true I don't know. But why I have Nvidia drivers is probably the (maybe) the onboard graphics because the ethernet chipset is nvidia so when I removed that I lost connectivity to internet. But I installed the the ethernet again.

But if the card doesn't support open cl which it might not (have no idea) that can be a good reason to why it doesn't work.

Thanks for the info/tips you had!

Regards,

Ludwig Johnson

Spoiler

System:

PCPP: