Update on Corsair RGB mechanical keyboards

well, this probably was mentioned before but thats why i didnt put it in the News section.

i saw this earlier so i thought i'd tell people that actually didnt catch this in the news section.

Looks like these two bad boys will be available very soon.

Source:

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/company/press-release/corsair-launches-worlds-first-cherry-mx-rgb-gaming-keyboards

K70 price: $169.99

K95 price: $189.99

post-19165-0-57182100-1402747826_thumb.p

post-19165-0-73256500-1402747867_thumb.p

These damn keyboards are the GTA V of the peripherals world.

These damn keyboards are the GTA V of the peripherals world.

I don't quite get the comparison.

I should be studying.

Im picking up two of the K70s as soon as they release. One for me. One for my friend. First ever keyboard with rainbow dicks lasering across the keys lol

CPU: i5-3570k @4.6Ghz MOBO: Asus Sabertooth P67 GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Superclocked Reference @1.5Ghz Core, 8Ghz Memory

RAM: Crucial Ballistix tactical tracer 8GB  PSU: Cooler Master V700 Fully Modular CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i Water Cooler

CASE: Corsair Graphite 760T STORAGE: Two 240 GB Crucial M500 SSD RAID 0 + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB cache 7200RPM 

Im picking up two of the K70s as soon as they release. One for me. One for my friend. First ever keyboard with rainbow dicks lasering across the keys lol

i like the way you think :D

I was excited for these because they were the first Corsair keyboards to use blue, brown and black switches, although it looks like they have gone back to reds only. Good job Corsair, you just shot yourself in the foot, red switches are terrible in my opinion due to the mushiness, I prefer blues the most but ill take anything else before reds, even the cheap chinese switches the some brands now use.

Sigh, all I want is a plain keyboard with a back light to match my system, blue switches, a full keyboard layout, and a clean simple design that is built like a tank.

What keyboard fits that description? The Ducky Shine 2 and Shine 3

What is that you say? They aren't in stock anywhere because they are being replaced by he Shine 4 which goes away from the clean simply design by adding ugly volume knobs and brushed aluminum plastic, what a shame, what a shame.

Sigh... At least there is still the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid/XT. Choice of key switch, no overly flashy design, good build quality, white leds and no red "gaming accents" that look bad with anything other than red systems. Sounds good enough to me, but no programmable keys, good thing I bought a Shine II while I still could.

TL;DR: Corsair, make these keyboards with blue, black and brown switches, you'll make more money.

I was excited for these because they were the first Corsair keyboards to use blue, brown and black switches, although it looks like they have gone back to reds only. Good job Corsair, you just shot yourself in the foot, red switches are terrible in my opinion due to the mushiness, I prefer blues the most but ill take anything else before reds, even the cheap chinese switches the some brands now use.

Sigh, all I want is a plain keyboard with a back light to match my system, blue switches, a full keyboard layout, and a clean simple design that is built like a tank.

What keyboard fits that description? The Ducky Shine 2 and Shine 3

What is that you say? They aren't in stock anywhere because they are being replaced by he Shine 4 which goes away from the clean simply design by adding ugly volume knobs and brushed aluminum plastic, what a shame, what a shame.

Sigh... At least there is still the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid/XT. Choice of key switch, no overly flashy design, good build quality, white leds and no red "gaming accents" that look bad with anything other than red systems. Sounds good enough to me, but no programmable keys, good thing I bought a Shine II while I still could.

TL;DR: Corsair, make these keyboards with blue, black and brown switches, you'll make more money.

It says right in the first post: "Available late July with Cherry MX red switches (blue and brown switches available late August)". K95 will also come with these switches in August.

It says right in the first post: "Available late July with Cherry MX red switches (blue and brown switches available late August)". K95 will also come with these switches in August.

yes but only for the k70 rgb, not the k95 with the programmable keys

I dont need a new keyboard. but if I wait for my Ducky to break I will never get a new one.   I'll be waiting for a 10keyless with blacks (I can dream).

I really hate the green LEDs on my Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, its also more unreliable than a Chevrolet. 

I just need to stop buying Sony products that I "Need" and replace it. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I dont need a new keyboard. but if I wait for my Ducky to break I will never get a new one.   I'll be waiting for a 10keyless with blacks (I can dream).

Give it a year or two, other manufacturers will get RGB switches and we'll get as much variety as we have with regular backlit keyboards.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

k95 is launching with the option for red, blue or brown switches in August I believe.

k95 is launching with the option for red, blue or brown switches in August I believe.

No, look at the op, that line of text only shows on the k70 rgb

No, look at the op, that line of text only shows on the k70 rgb

There are plenty of reports from Corsair that state that the K95 RGB is launching in August in Red, Brown and Blue switches.

Skip to 4.20 

There are plenty of reports from Corsair that state that the K95 RGB is launching in August in Red, Brown and Blue switches.

Skip to 4.20 

They better be, I need something to replace my shine ii since some of the key switches are dead

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Skip to 4.20 

HlmP3CDA.jpeg

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110