WOW..... :)- what do you think?

i will be doing also some gaming that my problem ( some watchdogs and staff like that...)

i know i overkill it on the ram and i got a full tower case i want good airflow since the titan z takes 3 slots there are not too many motherboards with 3 slots

i want great acceleration on cuda or even opengl on the mac pro. The problem is that i dont want to have a ton of gpu's just one much 2 if possible.

More gpu's means more heat and since i cant put a watercooling loop because i will be moving my build

True, but a 750d is quite open and has good airflow as far as I know, you could add s'more fans in it too.

Diamond 5 in League :)

For work I would buy the Mac Pro? Why? Because it is freaking fast and OS X works absolutely flawlessly (which cannot be said about ANY hackintosh)

I disagree, after getting everything working, My Hackintosh has never crashed, never had a Kernel panic, and has never caused me any issues what so ever - It is Flawless.

I didn't even Plan for my build to be a Hackintosh either, It just so happened that I picked the right parts :P

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

Why not build a hackintosh? You will get the best of both world. I'm planning to do so. I more or less the same plan as you. 

Mac for : 

adobe prepmier pro

music production

adobe after effects cc

Final cut pro

some photoshop

film production - starting youtube channel

plane design

simulations

Windows for:

-gaming

cad

game developing

programming

cad

Computer: MacBookPro, Imac, PC to be build this year (2014)

Camera: Nikon D90, D200, D800, D7100 (Facebook: http://paradisethroughalens.blogspot.be)

Consoles: PS1, PS2, PS3 

The main compnent that sticks out is the 4960X, yes it is the top of the line CPU, but if you want to know the truth, its to even 3% faster then the 4930K. It would just be a waste of money to get the 4960X over the 4930k.

i though about the 4930k and thanks for remind it to me i wiould change t a 4930k

The answer is quite obvious when asking here on the forum.

For work I would buy the Mac Pro? Why? Because it is freaking fast and OS X works absolutely flawlessly (which cannot be said about ANY hackintosh)

For private stuff and gaming I'd probably choose a custom built hackintosh.

i will be moving for home to work and i would like to game a liitle - just 1:30 hours in the mid-time when i dont have anyone to bother me ? Would the mac pro handle a little gaming?

Someone who agrees with me!

Spending a little extra time to make a Hackintosh-Compatible Gaming PC might be the best option for you If you wan't the best of both worlds - I also find that it is easier to do actual work with No games in the way.

If you do that though, please for the love of god use two Hard Drives, using one caused me so much pain and many re-installs right at the beginning 

i have many drive at my house so thats why i will buy one. I dont relly want start working and worrying making a hackintosh. Either windows or OSX

True, but a 750d is quite open and has good airflow as far as I know, you could add s'more fans in it too.

i will think about it but i read that the phantek is one of the best cases in the world

Why not build a hackintosh? You will get the best of both world. I'm planning to do so. I more or less the same plan as you. 

Mac for : 

adobe prepmier pro

music production

adobe after effects cc

Final cut pro

some photoshop

film production - starting youtube channel

plane design

simulations

Windows for:

-gaming

cad

game developing

programming

cad

maybe a dual boot of windows and OSX? :D

I dont relly want start working and worrying making a hackintosh. Either windows or OSX

In that case, the Mac Pro should perform pretty well for some Gaming - It's a better all-round package.

I take it you'd be fine with bootcamp? Because games that run natively often don't run well at all because they are essentially just being run in a virtual machine anyway - An exception being Minecraft, in which FPS is the same across the board pretty much

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

i will think about it but i read that the phantek is one of the best cases in the world

maybe a dual boot of windows and OSX? :D

Yeah should work fine.

Computer: MacBookPro, Imac, PC to be build this year (2014)

Camera: Nikon D90, D200, D800, D7100 (Facebook: http://paradisethroughalens.blogspot.be)

Consoles: PS1, PS2, PS3 

In that case, the Mac Pro should perform pretty well for some Gaming - It's a better all-round package.

I take it you'd be fine with bootcamp? Because games that run natively often don't run well at all because they are essentially just being run in a virtual machine anyway - An exception being Minecraft, in which FPS is the same across the board pretty much

so the mac pro will be able to handle watchdogs and other games good but not as good as a custom pc with a titan z inside B) ?

Yeah should work fine.

thanks

i know i overkill it on the ram and i got a full tower case i want good airflow since the titan z takes 3 slots there are not too many motherboards with 3 slots

That's why I recommended the ACX version. It only uses 2 slots. And the Platinums are just for looks, rather than being overkill. They won't perform any different from cheaper ones. 

so the mac pro will be able to handle watchdogs and other games good but not as good as a custom pc with a titan z inside B) ?

Yeah that's pretty much correct, but You may run into driver issues as they are Workstation GPUs, Most likely not officially supported

Bootcamp will essentially make it into a Windows PC with those (rather beefy) specs :P

That's why I recommended the ACX version. It only uses 2 slots. And the Platinums are just for looks, rather than being overkill. They won't perform any different from cheaper ones. 

thanks if the acx uses 2 slots i will think about it but i dont want to minimize airflow. I chose the platinum because i like them

Yeah that's pretty much correct, but You may run into driver issues as they are Workstation GPUs, Most likely not officially supported

Bootcamp will essentially make it into a Windows PC with those (rather beefy) specs :P

what do you think about the graphics are they good? I dont know?

tell me what you think about their performance

what do you think about the graphics are they good? I dont know?

tell me what you think about their performance

I know that they support Crossfire (under windows only), and in OS X one is used for the display, and the other is used for Computing - but I'm not at all familiar with AMD GPUs

You can see in that video that they are still pack a lot of punch, and I think Workstation Components are more reliable too - at the end of the day its whatever the best compromise is for you, these cards will scream through everything you throw at them, gaming included.

I know that they support Crossfire (under windows only), and in OS X one is used for the display, and the other is used for Computing - but I'm not at all familiar with AMD GPUs

You can see in that video that they are still pack a lot of punch, and I think Workstation Components are more reliable too - at the end of the day its whatever the best compromise is for you, these cards will scream through everything you throw at them, gaming included.

so i can go with a mac pro since it can handle everything

AT the end as i said ehy should i go with a mac pro or a pc?

pros and cons?

so i can go with a mac pro since it can handle everything

If you are prepared to spend that money then go for It, I don't want to make the decision for you and I'm sure a lot of people on this forum would probably disagree with me, but hey ho,

Make sure it lasts a long time because It's a lot of money and it's not the sort of purchase you want to regret :P

I disagree, after getting everything working, My Hackintosh has never crashed, never had a Kernel panic, and has never caused me any issues what so ever - It is Flawless.

I never had a crash or kernel panic either. Still every major update might break something, and should always check first.

I had do reinstall drivers and other small things. TBH it works really well with the right components, but I know what it is like to have a Mac and what it is like to have a Hackintosh.

A X79 + Titan/780 build is certainly not the straightforward easy Hackintosh.

i will be moving for home to work and i would like to game a liitle - just 1:30 hours in the mid-time when i dont have anyone to bother me ? Would the mac pro handle a little gaming?

Sure it can handle games without problems. It won't compete price/performance wise with gaming builds, but then again if gaming or entertainment is your main focus, then I wouldn't even bother buying a Mac Pro at all.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

AT the end as i said ehy should i go with a mac pro or a pc?

pros and cons?

If your main focus is work AND you want to use OS X -> Mac Pro

If you are happy with Windows, then get a custom PC.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I never had a crash or kernel panic either. Still every major update might break something, and should always check first.

I had do reinstall drivers and other small things. TBH it works really well with the right components, but I know what it is like to have a Mac and what it is like to have a Hackintosh.

I haven't been through a major update yet - I'll have to save my stability verdict until Yosemite comes out later this year, I'll most likely install it on a new hard drive and migrate everything over anyway so it shouldn't be too much of an issue

If you are prepared to spend that money then go for It, I don't want to make the decision for you and I'm sure a lot of people on this forum would probably disagree with me, but hey ho,

Make sure it lasts a long time because It's a lot of money and it's not the sort of purchase you want to regret :P

thats why i posted about this i want ot have this machine for 5-6 years

A X79 + Titan/780 build is certainly not the straightforward easy Hackintosh.

Sure it can handle games without problems. It won't compete price/performance wise with gaming builds, but then again if gaming or entertainment is your main focus, then I wouldn't even bother buying a Mac Pro at all.

i will see if i will be doing more gaming that what i said before i will go with the custom build

If no then the mac pro will be a better choice i beleive?

If your main focus is work AND you want to use OS X -> Mac Pro

If you are happy with Windows, then get a custom PC.

i have been using widows for my whole life and now since i found money i would like to switch to mac osx - since is better for developing and productivity

i will also get more familiar with linux which i will be studying to get my comptia linux+ certificate

will it be able to get me for the next 5-6 years?

Also i will be able to get a student discount so the mac pro will be about 7k? right?

now which should i get?