Run NFS Underground 2 in HD

Mo5

Well, i can't select the resolution for some reason! I selected Find it for me. It did, and I got a message "Found bla bla." But then, what the hell is to be done? I can't understand a thing! 

After getting the speed( i use "find it for me"), I get this message "Found! E:\NFS U2\Speed.exe"

I press OK. Then, what the hell should I do? 

Under new resolution set whatever your screen res is (1920x1080 probably) and click patch. That's it.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

This will be awesome! I mean just look at this video I made a while ago and how good the game looks for being so old beforehand.. I mean having new textures will be amazing..

(Actually topic related, but still a little bit of self promotion for my Youtube channel that I never upload videos to. :P)

BTW that driving huh? NFS underground 2 is still one of my favorite racing games like many of yours!

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Under new resolution set whatever your screen res is (1920x1080 probably) and click patch. That's it.

No I can't! That's the problem! And, the texmod thing. I downloaded it and it's asking for a password?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

No I can't! That's the problem! And, the texmod thing. I downloaded it and it's asking for a password?

Try running it as an admin. Password is "by-Dragozool" (no quotes)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone you want i can make a quick Vid  with my modded Underground 2 ( dragozool + ENB ) and upload it to youtube so you guys can see what the game looks like :D

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

Awesome, i'm going to re-install this game just for the TexMod. Well Done to whoever created the mod.     

• 1 month later...

just installed it patched it put the mod on and played at 1440p... oh my god it looks awesome considering its age. im definitly playing it trough again.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

just installed it patched it put the mod on and played at 1440p... oh my god it looks awesome considering its age. im definitly playing it trough again.

don't we love how moddable old games were

osu! profile

don't we love how moddable old games were

Indeed, I just fired up RallyTrophy(some rally game from 2001 made by bugbear) and bam, it supports my xbox controller with some mods + it still has a lot of other mods going on for it.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

im curious is there something similar for command and conquer generals?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

This is great! I really wanted to play this game again. So much nostalgia and that epic OST.

• 2 months later...

Works like a charm. Thanks!

==

I just did the mod for Underground 1 too and works awesome! Here is the link /not password protected/ > Mod Underground V2.0 By Dragozool.rar

Source http://www.nfscars.net/forum/showthread.php?p=604857#post604857

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

• 1 month later...

Is ok but i don`t like texture mod because you need to make the same steps each time you run the game. 

CPU : Intel i7 2600K OC@ 4.5 GHz ;

MOBASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 ;

RAM Corsair 8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz ;

GPU EVGA GTX 680 2Gb (GTX 770 Bios modded and instaled with voltage and fan speed unlock) OC@ 1228 MHz on GPU and 7012 MHz on Memory ;

If they make an Underground 3, I really hope we get a more realistic tuning scene and not this 2Fast2Furious crap where you have to make your ride all gaudy and riced to the max to progress.

Nah fuck that the only point to playing Underground was the ridiculous

Widebody kit FWD Civic, 4 subs in the back, amps, neons, useless spoiler but it can go 250+ Kmh 

Nah fuck that the only point to playing Underground was the ridiculous

Widebody kit FWD Civic, 4 subs in the back, amps, neons, useless spoiler but it can go 250+ Kmh 

That Pimp My Ride look was never good and it was one of the things that annoyed in NFSU2 that you had to go full blown ricer to progress. I like JDM style, not rice rice baby. 

This is beautiful:

rx7.jpg

This is not:

ricer-mods-37.jpg

At one point I was big on neon, loads of vinyl, spinners and lambo doors, but I was also a teenager. That stuff looks hella tacky to me now as an adult. :P

Get rid of the useless like the SUVs, mandatory ricing and add in real world vendors who make kits like Veilside. Being arcady was what made Underground fun, not the eyesoar cars everywhere. All that stuff should stay for those into that look, just not making it a requirement to progress. That's all I'm against. The customizability aspect was amazing compared to later titles that crippled that entirely. Prefab Lambos are boring, I'd rather see that redic Civic you mentioned.

That Pimp My Ride look was never good and it was one of the things that annoyed in NFSU2 that you had to go full blown ricer to progress. I like JDM style, not rice rice baby. 

This is beautiful:

rx7.jpg

This is not:

ricer-mods-37.jpg

At one point I was big on neon, loads of vinyl, spinners and lambo doors, but I was also a teenager. That stuff looks hella tacky to me now as an adult. :P

Get rid of the useless like the SUVs, mandatory ricing and add in real world vendors who make kits like Veilside. Being arcady was what made Underground fun, not the eyesoar cars everywhere. All that stuff should stay for those into that look, just not making it a requirement to progress. That's all I'm against. The customizability aspect was amazing compared to later titles that crippled that entirely. Prefab Lambos are boring, I'd rather see that redic Civic you mentioned.

Yeah but the ricey ness was the style of the game, cant change that.

I used to think it was coo las a kid but I prefer way cleaner cars now. I still hate having to widebody kit my cars to get the game done but I can always take it off

Yeah but the ricey ness was the style of the game, cant change that.

I used to think it was coo las a kid but I prefer way cleaner cars now. I still hate having to widebody kit my cars to get the game done but I can always take it off

Either way, a 3rd installment would nice. Even if I don't care for some of the stuff anymore, It's nice that a wide option of custom options is there. Prefab Porsche and Lambos might be fine for some, but I'm more into cars that are custom street cars. Makes more sense since I don't think anyone in their right mind would recklessly street race a car worth a quarter of a million dollars. :P

• 3 weeks later...

help, I'm trying to use my dualshock 3 (via motioninjoy) to play the game but it's not working with the texture mod on... I tried it on the original exe of the game and there it recognized my DS3...

• 10 months later...

anyone know how to hard mod this in, so no launcher? 

It's not even that bothersome to use the launcher...

How much of a HURRY are you in...

I gave texmod a shortcut, renamed to NFS UG2 and gave it the NFS icon :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

It's not even that bothersome to use the launcher...

How much of a HURRY are you in...

I gave texmod a shortcut, renamed to NFS UG2 and gave it the NFS icon :)

I'd prefer it without launcher either way. HARD PATCH HOMIE

• 10 months later...

Please Help!

Im trying to get 1920x1080 on Underground 1 by using this walkthrough.

Im stuck on step 2 because after the program finds the Underground speed.exe it says "UNABLE TO WRITE TO FILE SPEED.EXE for patch #1! Close all programs/games before patching"
Everything is closed. I even restarted my PC to make sure. The version I have is cracked. 

Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated! 

10 hours ago, Fuszion said:

Please Help!

Im trying to get 1920x1080 on Underground 1 by using this walkthrough.

Im stuck on step 2 because after the program finds the Underground speed.exe it says "UNABLE TO WRITE TO FILE SPEED.EXE for patch #1! Close all programs/games before patching"
Everything is closed. I even restarted my PC to make sure. The version I have is cracked. 

Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated! 

Force the patch as administrator?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

40 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Force the patch as administrator?

How?

OK. I found the solution for anybody who needs or want it.

Replace your SPEED.EXE file with the speed.exe on this link - http://www.mediafire.com/file/b4iw437bk17sn13/NFSUWide+By+TrevelXP.zip (This link is for NFS Underground 1 not 2)

This is NOT a download of the game, just a replacement file for the .exe

Apparently the speed.exe needs to be cracked a certain way for  UniWS to be able to patch it.