Zotac Zbox EN760 "Epic Gaming" Mini PC

LinusTech

I want one... It looks like it'd be a neat router or server PC but the GPU is overpowered for that.. I want a cheaper version without the GPU.. (though possibly a more powerful CPU?)

Also it seems possible that Zotac didn't feel the need to add Display Port because their goal for this device is to be used with TVs. How many TVs have DP? Although I guess that doesn't explain DVI...

what's the price of this thing i can't find it anywhere

"The pricing for the new ZBOX EN760 mini PC is $549.99 for the barebones version, and $699.99 for the "Plus" model. Both will be available in mid-June" According to Tomshardware

Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz - 16GB DDR4 RAM - 980 ti

The reason why zotac chose a DVI instead of displayport is becouse its more cheap. Use only hdmi is not a great option, and VGA is poop, so, DVI is the logical second option...

If you want tiny pcs with integrated GPUs, its more easy to find than those with dedicated gpu, like NUC models

This little thing is actually pretty neat. Anyone have a working where to buy link? The NCIX link comes up with nothing and the Amazon one doesn't list the EN760. 

Great review on an interesting bit of hardware. Love it, but still trying to understand the dual nics. (IPMI?)

You repeat how quiet the thing is, but how quiet is it really? The reason I'm holding out on a NUC is because the HD 5000 isn't cutting it, and the Brix's Iris 5100 is too loud.
Since the GTX 860 outruns both of those together, I'd love to know how quiet it is. Especially during idle and Bluray playback. Are we talking a faint hum, or nothing (obviously not while holding the thing next to your ear)?

You think you could check the idle wattage as well? :D

For those interested, German retailers list the barebone at around $620.

Looks cool, but I want to see a model with an i7 4700HQ and an 870M or 880M. That would be nice.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I want one... It looks like it'd be a neat router or server PC but the GPU is overpowered for that.. I want a cheaper version without the GPU.. (though possibly a more powerful CPU?)

Also it seems possible that Zotac didn't feel the need to add Display Port because their goal for this device is to be used with TVs. How many TVs have DP? Although I guess that doesn't explain DVI...

"The pricing for the new ZBOX EN760 mini PC is $549.99 for the barebones version, and $699.99 for the "Plus" model. Both will be available in mid-June" According to Tomshardware

That isn't so bad. But why not get a gigabyte brix or intel nuc, if you already have a powerful PC

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

If they can hit the Console Price Tag with reasonable lower mid range Gaming PC Power it would be worth while.  Even for someone who has a beefy pc in another room it could be your In home streaming machine or living room media pc.  add a usb 3.0 blu-ray drive and it could live next to my TV.  

Again it would have to be cheaper then an ITX build though since it would not be the main PC.

Here is someone apparnetly plaiyng at 1080p very high with AA getting 30+ fps

Didn't look deeper into all videos but in this one it is legit full power mobile quad core i7 vs dual core Ultra Low Voltage CPU in Zotac.

Also, comparing FXAA and MSAA is not even...

I believe when Linus mentioned that Zotac is "10% faster than something" he got actual result of about ~33 average FPS (i.e. ranging from 15 to 45 FPS) - and this would look like fair results for this little beasty Zbox that costs 50% more than PS4, is nearly not upgradeable and still loses even in multiplatform releases.

Edited by BakaJaNai

Great. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

No quad core cpu in it which seems silly in this day and age.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I'd rather have one of those NUC things and just stream a game.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Don't worry about the hard drive. Just buy the barebones one.

As for DVI and HDMI, yeah that is super bizarre along with the dual NIC....

So I was thinking about the dual NIC thing, and an idea popped into my head. Perhaps there is a model of the Zbox that is a little more value oriented that they anticipate someone using as a router? It has those large antennae (and last I checked most Wifi cards can be used to create a network) and you would have a single NIC to connect to your Modem and a second NIC to connect to a switch to connect your other devices. I know a lot of people like to use old computers as Routers as there is some pretty great software out there for customizing your wireless/wired connections.

Plus, come on, the thing kind of looks like a router.

My Build 
i7-4790k @4.6GHz, 16GB GSkill Ares RAM, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1, Strix 970, RM1000 PSU, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB Barracuda, 3TB WD Green, CM Storm Scout II

So I was thinking about the dual NIC thing, and an idea popped into my head. Perhaps there is a model of the Zbox that is a little more value oriented that they anticipate someone using as a router? It has those large antennae (and last I checked most Wifi cards can be used to create a network) and you would have a single NIC to connect to your Modem and a second NIC to connect to a switch to connect your other devices. I know a lot of people like to use old computers as Routers as there is some pretty great software out there for customizing your wireless/wired connections.

Plus, come on, the thing kind of looks like a router.

still buying such an expensive hardware to run as a router might seem werid?

Asus routers like the AC1900 only has a 1.2GHz dual core CPU and 256MB of RAM and it darn fast

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

It's good to see these things maturing

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

God, clearly Zotac are using one of their lower end machines as a server for their website.  That's ridiculous!

Like the machine though, if i was to buy it would definitely be the barebones package though

still buying such an expensive hardware to run as a router might seem werid?

Asus routers like the AC1900 only has a 1.2GHz dual core CPU and 256MB of RAM and it darn fast

Two things: One I was saying they might have a much cheaper model with an atom processor and no discreet gpu that can make use of that Dual NIC setup, second, like I said, the functionality of a router made from one of these would smash that any normal router. Things like setting up throttling for specific users, or cutting off users at certain times, or stuff I haven't even bothered to look into.

My Build 
i7-4790k @4.6GHz, 16GB GSkill Ares RAM, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1, Strix 970, RM1000 PSU, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB Barracuda, 3TB WD Green, CM Storm Scout II

www.hardware-mag.de/artikel/sonstiges/haswell_und_maxwell_zotac_zbox_en760_im_test/

Benchmarks and more! 

Can anyone help me i can't find this pc anywhere to buy, is it not out yet?

Can anyone help me i can't find this pc anywhere to buy, is it not out yet?

It won't be released until mid-june, whenever that is (I emailed Zotac to see if they had any specific release date but they only told me that it would be available mid-june on online retailers like amazon, newegg and presumably ncix).

Personally, this is what I've been looking for for a long time. As a student with a research position at my school, I need something portable to take with me back and forth both to work and school. Laptops tend to be more expensive for a bad screen and keyboard/input, so I'm sick of laptops now. I do see that there will be a lack of customization but the hardware is good enough for me as I'm not a PC enthusiast. The only real concern I had was for the cooling because of it's small form factor but after reading the article MindlessBeing posted, it looks like the temperatures run very cool.

This is perfect for me, after all, it's a pc not a gaming box. This is an excellent and cheap alternative to my current (rather crappy) laptop and already having a monitor, ssd, and some sticks of ram, this is a huge bargain for me. $550 barebones is ridiculously cheap in my opinion and one of the best options to replace a laptop or for those who don't or can't exactly transition into a desktop pc (like me).

It won't be released until mid-june, whenever that is (I emailed Zotac to see if they had any specific release date but they only told me that it would be available mid-june on online retailers like amazon, newegg and presumably ncix).

Personally, this is what I've been looking for for a long time. As a student with a research position at my school, I need something portable to take with me back and forth both to work and school. Laptops tend to be more expensive for a bad screen and keyboard/input, so I'm sick of laptops now. I do see that there will be a lack of customization but the hardware is good enough for me as I'm not a PC enthusiast. The only real concern I had was for the cooling because of it's small form factor but after reading the article MindlessBeing posted, it looks like the temperatures run very cool.

This is perfect for me, after all, it's a pc not a gaming box. This is an excellent and cheap alternative to my current (rather crappy) laptop and already having a monitor, ssd, and some sticks of ram, this is a huge bargain for me. $550 barebones is ridiculously cheap in my opinion and one of the best options to replace a laptop or for those who don't or can't exactly transition into a desktop pc (like me).

oh sweet ty for the info and yes that's exactly the reason i am getting it too i wanted a gaming laptop but there really expensive and half the time i don't even play on the laptop screen i uselessly plug it in to my monitor.

• 1 month later...

I'm really considering picking one of these up. If this is the start of things to come I'm excited.

I'm just wondering if that mobile i5 is holding it back???????  You can't argue with the mobile maxwell GPU.

Its the first "steam" type box thats caught my eye. I'm gaming on my Retina Macbook pro with a 650m at the moment and this fries it in benchmarks with the 860m.

The next 12 months should be interesting...   Really tempted to pick one up now though.