Zotac Zbox EN760 "Epic Gaming" Mini PC

LinusTech

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1zPQCQy

Amazon: http://georiot.co/33Xv

Please note both of the above links are to the closest search strings I could come up with. Neither NCIX nor Amazon carries this product yet. You can view it on Zotac's site here though: http://www.zotac.com/products/mini-pcs/e-series/product/e-series/detail/zbox-en760-plus-1.html

The EN760 series from Zotac is officially MUCH smaller than a current gen console AND it performs better in games! That didn't take long....

zotca derpy as ever with the io signs at least it isnt covered it ugly orange fans 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

so it pretty much a SteamBox gaming PC

edit: oh dear why a 5400rpm HDD and only DVI and HDMI

i was expecting at least display port

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

so it pretty much a SteamBox gaming PC

edit: oh dear why a 5400rpm HDD and only DVI and HDMI

i was expecting at least display port

Don't worry about the hard drive. Just buy the barebones one.

As for DVI and HDMI, yeah that is super bizarre along with the dual NIC....

I might understand the dual NIC may be for connections to both the router and a NAS

since Zotac market them as HTPCs

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

It's pretty cool.

Computer's in this form factor for me are something I'd usually use for general-use/office desktop PCs. Where you can take it to work, plug it in, do work, then bring it home. Or else I'd just leave it on my desk because it's small and gadgety and I get a kick out of having a full PC inside it.

I like this little guy :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Networking on this thing is seriously overkill. Why not just go 1x gigabit and make the wireless entirely optional? I mean if you're a tech enthusiast with money to burn (I assume, their site wouldn't load for me) you've probably got a decent networking solution behind your TV anyway. So wireless is probably unnecessary. And dual Gigabit? What, for link aggregation? Is this thing going to be a NAS or something? With only enough space for 1 2.5" drive? In a box built around gaming? :S 

This is cool I'll admit but I think going either side of it makes more sense. If you want small get a NUC or something and do in-home streaming. If you want performance get one of those Steam-Box style cases and build something a bit larger.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

You weren't kidding about zotac's site... my goodness.

I do really think this is going to be the future of mainstream computers. I think all-in-ones are kind of stupid, but something small that I can bolt to my monitor is pretty dope.

I keep thinking why people just don't get a long HDMI cable to connect your real desktop Pc to your TV rather than spend hundreds of dollars on tiny pc's to use in home stream of steam. I made my pc setup room just next my tv home room just for easy connections. Game on a long hdmi cable is way more responsive than game over LAN

it's just impressive how can a mobile gpu like a gtx 880m can get as much horsepower as a gtx 660 ti, that i bought 18 months ago, and drawn 300w of the wall and have much more heat than a notebook can handle. Ok, I know, a gtx 880m is way more expensive than a 660Ti, or even a 770, but at least you have the option to get it if you want.
It make me think how many months will be necessary to make a mobile gpu that is powerfull as a gtx 780 ti (spoiler, I think that 30 months is enought for that)

Networking on this thing is seriously overkill. Why not just go 1x gigabit and make the wireless entirely optional? I mean if you're a tech enthusiast with money to burn (I assume, their site wouldn't load for me) you've probably got a decent networking solution behind your TV anyway. So wireless is probably unnecessary. And dual Gigabit? What, for link aggregation? Is this thing going to be a NAS or something? With only enough space for 1 2.5" drive? In a box built around gaming? :S 

This is cool I'll admit but I think going either side of it makes more sense. If you want small get a NUC or something and do in-home streaming. If you want performance get one of those Steam-Box style cases and build something a bit larger.

What do you mean tech enthusiast with money to burn?

This only costs $700 for the non bare bones version according to Tomshardware.

For an i5 4200u, GTX 860M, 8GB ram, and 1TB HDD.

And if you hate the 5400RPM HDD you could go for the $550 barebones and buy your own ram and an SSD and/or HDD (would have to be msata to have both).

This isn't enthusiast level at all, or even expensive for that matter.

its just impressive how can a mobile gpu like gtx 880m can get as much power as a gtx 660 ti, that i bought 18 months ago, and drawn 300w of the wall and much heat a notebook can handle. Ok, I know, that a gtx 880m is way more expensive than a 660, or even a 770, but at least you have the option to get it if you want.

It make me think how many months will be necessary to make a mobile gpu that is powerfull as a gtx 780 ti (spoiler, I think that 30 months is enought for that)

The GTX 880M is about as good as a GTX 770/GTX 680

zotac also in 4k master race... :P

Apparently they're not, or they're near last place next Seiki since you'd either have to use both the DVI and HDMI for 4K at 60hz or you'd have to use it at sub 60hz.
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

i think the website is getting flooded by us forum user trying to take a look at the product page

lol

some recent laptops do come with mini display port and even the Intel NUC has displayport which is only running on Intel 4400 Graphics

so I really wonder what was Zotac engineers were thinking when they include the DVI port instead

As this is a HTPC/SteamOS Box/Nvidia Shield streaming PC the dual NIC might make sense since one will be connected to the router and the other can connect to the host PC for game streaming or possible for direct access to media files from the NAS

Cool and all but can you play last of us on that....NO

CPU: AMD 5790t Motherboard: Gigabyte Forumlar XII RAM: Ah Whole set of it GPU: GTX 290x Ti Storage: Ah Ton of HDD PSU: Once it on Display(s): Well I still seeing pixels Cooling: It running COOL BRO Keyboard: *click* *click* Mouse: MORE *click* Sound: OHH DE BASEE

Can this truly be called a 4K solution when neither of the display outputs included actually support 3840x2160 at 60hz.

I mean sure you could use both inputs, each powering half the display, but I've always thought of AIOs as something for the non-techy person who just wants something that works......and two display inputs to achieve the 4K resolution at 60hz doesn't work.

[stupidity]Although I guess I have to remember, you said that it is more comparable to consoles.

That said consoles are going for a more "filmic" look, and that can only be achieved at 30fps or lower so 30hz is plenty.[/stupidity]

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

Thanks for the review Linus!

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

If I was more of a couch gamer I would certainly consider one of these!

This paired with a wireless Xbox controller/adapter along with steam big picture would be am awesome experience.

I love the fact that companies like Zotac can make custom hardware like this! Yeah the Gigabyte Brix pro is cool but it's comparatively underpowered in the graphics department.

As to Linus' point about in home streaming, yes in home streaming is amazing but it's not there yet and even when it does get there you can still store games locally and take this thing top a lan party or use it on the go.

I also bet this packs a serious punch in editing and content creation type workloads.

I can't wait to see the next iteration to see display port included(hopefully)

Keep up the great work Zotac!

Great video @LinusTech

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Can this truly be called a 4K solution when neither of the display outputs included actually support 3840x2160 at 60hz.

this is a 2.0 hdmi output? The actual 2.0 standard can handle 3840x2160 at 60hz...

Not like you'll be gaming at 4K, so 60Hz is a waste in those terms. The vast majority will be using this with 1080P anyways.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

sadly it still only HDMI 1.4 so only 4k at 30Hz

this is a 2.0 hdmi output? The actual 2.0 standard can handle 3840x2160 at 60hz...

Is this HDMI 2.0?

Linus Sebastian said: