The GPU Overclocking Database

Cobalt

Quite a high OC on that I think :D

Yeah :)  i'm not sure if i have gone a little over the top. It's my first time overclocking but the temps are stable in games so i think i must have just been blessed by the silicone Gods.

This was done with a reference 780. +155 core, +355 mem. Power is 106%, +37mV(the highest setting in Precision). Couldn't get it with stock voltage..=C

Uuummm... I don't know what to say but this is my silicon loto GTX780 benchmark

post-121573-0-41447000-1416197051_thumb.

Quite a high OC on that I think :D

Hey man,

I don't have anything useful to say, just that I like your sig When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success

It's a great quote, especially since I want to start a business :)

i5 2500k+Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB HyperX Blu - 240GB PNY XLR8 - Sapphire Reference 7970 - P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 - OCZ ZX 850W

Unlike *some* people, I do not claim to be an expert computer guru.  When I make mistakes, I apologise and I own up to them.  Then, I continue to learn so that I may provide those in need with educated answers to the best of my ability.

Hey man,

I don't have anything useful to say, just that I like your sig When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success

It's a great quote, especially since I want to start a business :)

All the best to you ;) Make sure to overclock your team and get going xD

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Asus Radeon HD 7970 Directcu ii with stock cooler OVERCLOCK

Test system:
CPU: Intel core i5-2500 non-k @ 3.8GHz
MB: AsRock Z77 Extreme 4
RAM: 2 x 8 GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1333MHz
PSU: EVGA 750w Supernova
Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS5X
Storage: 1TB Seagate SSHD
Case: Dunno, no markings
GPU: see above
Drivers: Catalyst 14.4
Overclocking program: CCC
Stability Test: Furmark
Desktop Resolution: 4800X1200 @ 60Hz

Furmark Resolution: 1920x1028 @ 60Hz Non fullscreen

History of the card: Bought it off of Ebay for 280 bucks. Ever since I got it, I have had no issues aside from the r9 280x bios that the previous user flashed. I just simply use the stock bios. CCC is the only software I have downloaded to OC, and I got the sliders maxed out after about half an hour of raising everything and wondering how on earth it hasn't had any issues.

Overclock:

Sorry for the dumb overclocking method.
GPU: 1125 MHz

RAM: 1575 MHz

Fans reach annoying noise levels when it gets to about 75, and every time it goes up a degree, I can hear a very obvious change in the note that the fans make. About 80 degrees is when they start taking huge leaps on fan speed.
Benchmarks: 
I ran Furmark for a user settings burn-in benchmark with the case opened up. No issues at all, but the thing threw out heat like a ceramic heater.

Benchmark at 1920X1080, Windowed, AA off: 58539 Frames.

post-128204-0-03643300-1416802568.png

post-128204-0-99276600-1416802571.png

And I cannot add my third screenshot.

Asus Radeon HD 7970 Directcu ii with stock cooler OVERCLOCK

Test system:

CPU: Intel core i5-2500 non-k @ 3.8GHz

MB: AsRock Z77 Extreme 4

RAM: 2 x 8 GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1333MHz

PSU: EVGA 750w Supernova

Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS5X

Storage: 1TB Seagate SSHD

Case: Dunno, no markings

GPU: see above

Drivers: Catalyst 14.4

Overclocking program: CCC

Stability Test: Furmark

Desktop Resolution: 4800X1200 @ 60Hz

Furmark Resolution: 1920x1028 @ 60Hz Non fullscreen

History of the card: Bought it off of Ebay for 280 bucks. Ever since I got it, I have had no issues aside from the r9 280x bios that the previous user flashed. I just simply use the stock bios. CCC is the only software I have downloaded to OC, and I got the sliders maxed out after about half an hour of raising everything and wondering how on earth it hasn't had any issues.

Overclock:

Sorry for the dumb overclocking method.

GPU: 1125 MHz

RAM: 1575 MHz

Fans reach annoying noise levels when it gets to about 75, and every time it goes up a degree, I can hear a very obvious change in the note that the fans make. About 80 degrees is when they start taking huge leaps on fan speed.

Benchmarks: 

I ran Furmark for a user settings burn-in benchmark with the case opened up. No issues at all, but the thing threw out heat like a ceramic heater.

Benchmark at 1920X1080, Windowed, AA off: 58539 Frames.

attachicon.gif1.PNG

attachicon.gif2.PNG

And I cannot add my third screenshot.

NEVER use Furmark!  Those are incredibly unrealistic scenarios that it puts your GPU through.  It will kill it faster than anything I personally know of.  Please, someone else chime in here...

I keep that crapload of a software away from my computer at all times.

Edit:

If you want to test stability after you overclock, just fire up some demanding games and if they don't artifact, BSOD, or crash altogether, then you're generally safe.  Especially after 15-30 minutes of gameplay.

Also, always be aware that core temps aren't indicative of VRM temps and can be considerably hotter.

i5 2500k+Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB HyperX Blu - 240GB PNY XLR8 - Sapphire Reference 7970 - P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3 - OCZ ZX 850W

Unlike *some* people, I do not claim to be an expert computer guru.  When I make mistakes, I apologise and I own up to them.  Then, I continue to learn so that I may provide those in need with educated answers to the best of my ability.

Furmark is definitely a no-no. It puts immense amount of pressure to the card that no real world application will even come close. I never tested any of my cards with Furmark. It's better to just let Valley run 30 min loop without artifacts and other things. That's how I test stability and temps.

INTEL Core i7-4790K  ASUS Maximus VII Ranger  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB  CORSAIR AX860i  CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

I do realize that furmark is a rediculus amount of stress, but the vram is heatsunk to the heatsink, and i had a large fan blowing into the air intake and this fan kept it under 80 degrees. Thank you for the recomendation though. I will likely post an update with alternate benchmarks. Any sugestions?

Physx off

my score

Gigabyte g1 version is so awesome.

http://www.picz.ge/img/s1/1410/16/4/4df79f3ec673.jpg

lucky git!

my 970 g1 gaming 

EDIT IGNORE AS NOT STABLE

O6S83cl.png

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

2qe.png

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3311854

My GTX G1 Gaming without increasing the voltage. :D

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

980 sli

valley_2014_11_30_16_58_24_426.png?_subj

CPU - i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz / 1.25v     Motherboard - Asus Maximus VI Formula     RAM - 16GB (2x8) Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866Mhz

GPU - Asus GeForce GTX 980 Strix SLI (+150 Core / +500 Memory)     Case - Corsair 750D     Storage - 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 2TB WD Black     PSU - Corsair AX1200i

Display - Asus VG278HE     Cooling - Corsair H100i     Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K95     Mouse - Razer DeathAdder 2013     Sound - Onboard     OS - Windows 10 Pro x64

im disapointed with my clock, is it just me or this a poor clock?

gtx 970 g1 gaming

0DoxZz1.gif

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Thinking of overclocking mine, I will post my results but is it worth it? are there any gains you are seeing?

i eneded up dropping my clock to +80 and it still wasnt stable so i decided to send it back and get another.  +80 and not stable is not a "cherry picked" chip from what i have seen it is worth it, you get some really good clocks just try it and see

After getting rid of my old antivirus, which was crashing my system regularly, I tried my luck on overclocking aggain. I think it went pretty well.

Because it is a Gigabyte Gaming G1 the voltage is capped, so i just set it to something higher than the cap.

Jqormd6.jpg

Hello, I'd like to start off by saying that it's been interesting overclocking my cards.. I hope the info I've provided helps!

Two GTX 980s (EVGA SC ACX 2.0 04G-P4-2983-KR.. aka reference)

Both cards are running in SLI and each has its' own EK fullcover waterblock with its' respective backplate.

I was able to accomplish +70mV, 124% Power limit, +155 Core Clock, & +250 Memory

I got 1572.5Mhz on the core & 1879.2Mhz on the memory. (I'm sure if I tried harder I would've been able to achieve more on the memory!) Max temps range between 49-56C.

I apologize on the grainy/bad pic of my pc..I'd take the vally screenshot with a grain of salt, it's inaccurate with the clock speeds.

Also, it's fair to note I have my benchmarks for 1440p + 4k ... 

1440p Benchmark: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3495621

4k Benchmark:http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3495606 

Fair note: In practice my GPUs reach 1572.5Mhz yet on the first page of GPU-Z it just says 1522Mhz!  :D

I noticed that I had to bring down the voltage to +70mV down from +87mV if I wanted stability and keep the memory at +250,

which if I didn't do that then I'd be able to run the 4k benchmark stable but not 1440p OR run 1440p but not 4k. Weird right? I know.

Yet keeping it at +70mV & leaving the memory at +250 kept it all nice and stable!

96Vs7QS.gifuRfpVu3.gifq8FUxV3.jpgLPJxN0p.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Currently working on an overclock, haven't touched the GPU clock this time as it really doesn't like to be pushed.

It's stable in the short term, I can't comment on the long term stability of it as I haven't done a long test... Yet.

EDIT: Just tried to get away with 2055 MHz (8220 effective) on the memory and had a few flickers. Looks like it's the GPU's turn.

Just got the GPU done, got it to 1513 (after checking stability in Heaven) then I started doing my real world test and found that it was unstable almost instantly. Put it down to 1503 and so far it seems fine.

oxqLsAY.gif

Games tested + result

ETS 2 Multiplayer: A few crashes to begin with though it wasn't down to the GPU. Ran fine other than the few crashes in the beginning.

War Thunder: Ran fine for about a minute then it crashed and the display drivers ended up recovering. Possibly an unrelated problem as it now refuses to launch, even under stock clocks. Support website says it has something to do with DX. Currently trying to sort the problem out. Got the game up and running again by *cries* turning VSync on.

Well turning VSync on seems to have done the trick... Yay?

Rather than just going on a bunch of games I'll test one more game just after I've got it downloaded.

Done a fair few tests, it was fine in all the games I tested (didn't bother to list them) after the slight change in clocks. Did a ~1 hour run on Heaven and it went fine. Doesn't seem to play well with firestrike though. Failed about 30 seconds into the demo/intro. I'll leave it for now seeing as it's been stable for a while in everything else. Despite being stable in just about everything other than ETS2MP and firestrike I decided to go back to stock clocks and wait for Zotac to make their OC+ module a bit more useful.

4eu.png

8360 MHz effective.

The core on the other hand, it doesn't want to play. Despite being able to change the voltage to 1.26v (and getting a voltage readout of 1.26v in firestorm) it'll only hit 1.2v. The memory impressed me but the core... Not so much yet. Can't complain though, as I mentioned before I got it for free. Anyway, even though Zotac's OC+ is effectively useless when it comes to core voltage, it did come in handy for one thing... Memory overvoltage. Without overvolting I got around 450-500MHz extra on the memory (never quite tested it to a stable point because firestrike was becoming more of an annoyance than anything else). Slapped an extra 20mv through and got it to +580 

Extra info:

Build:

CPU: Intel 4690k (stock) I'll have to say I lost the lottery with this one, while it was an auto overclock, it blue screened at 4.4GHz 1.2v.

MB: (Yet another gift from a VERY generous friend) MSI Z97 XPower... Hell... Can't complain about this gift.

RAM: ADATA XPG V2 1600 MHz CL11 (Must've forgot to re-enable XMP when it blue screened :/)

PSU: EVGA G2 850w

CPU Cooler: Enermax 120x > 1x Enermax Twister Pressure fan > Exhaust

Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K (boot), 1TB WD Black, 1TB Seagate/Samsung Spinpoint M8 (external), 512mb RAMDisk (temp files and chrome cache)

GPU: Zotac GTX 980 EE 

BIOS Version: See GPU-Z

Overclocking program: Firestorm (can be overclocked with other programs)

Driver: 9.18.13.4709 

2qe.png

Thanks for that, I hadn't tried actually running at stock voltage before with an OC, it works like a charm now with no issues.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

9zs.png

Might tweak the memory some more, but i'm pretty happy with where this is at.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

2qe.png

Can i ask...... HOW!? i have this same card and have have seen very similar results on the internet, but i can only manage a boost of 49MHz (stable) and 100MHz (unstably) ive tried alot of different combinations of voltage, memory and core clock but nothing seems to get better results. Does Cpu and motherboard highly effect the overclocking potential of a card? as my Cpu and Mobo aren't the best (i5 4570 and a gigabyte ga-h81m-d2v) and no my power supply is plenty powerful enough (Corsair RM750w). Or is it just luck of the draw when it comes to the gpu its self? (i thought gigabyte used their GPU Gauntlet sorting system.....) It would be awesome if you could shed some light on my situation. Or if anyone else can lend a hand i would be very much appreciative, cheers in advance. 

So far what I've been able to get:

I'm working on getting a modded BIOS with 1312 mv + 300watt TDP support for my G1 970's, I tried flashing it once but it was having complications, so I'll see what I can do.

eak4B.jpg

eajXb.jpg

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089