The GPU Overclocking Database

Cobalt

Asus R9 270

Core : 1140mhz (950mhz stock) ... Driver crashes at 1150mhz so I dialed back to 1140mhz and it holds.

Mem : 6700mhz (5600mhz stock) ... Driver crashes at 6750mhz so I dialed back to 6700mhz and it holds.

Volts : 1215mv stock ... Can go up to 1240mv but I haven't bothered yet.

Kept CPU down at 4.5ghz during overclocking CPU just to isolate gpu crashing during the overclocking process.

ASIC quality indicates my GPU to be a bad overclocker, however, this seems unproven as a measurement and has been confirmed by other posters in other forums.

post-58177-0-84653000-1452292299_thumb.j

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

When is the spread sheet going to be updated? Or is it ever going to be?

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

is the datebase updated? I can't find anything about the R9 390.

• 2 weeks later...

Sapphire R9 270X - I just turned sliders to max. Fan control on auto and still not smoke from the gpu.

I would NEVER recommend it, but it worked for me. MGS5 still runs great and got a whole 8 more fps on Cinebench B) . 

EDIT: I should also add; I did this in AMD's OverDrive utility.

Find me on Steam! FunkMastaPost

EVGA GTX 960 SSC 4GB, overvolted by 6mv for a 70 MHz overclock (peaked at 50 MHz boost without overvoltage).

Memory overclock was stable at up to 700 MHz, but completely unusable due to artifacting, and I quit pushing it higher at that point.

FurMark test was basically "dial ALL the things up to 11!" and see what the best I could attain stability at was. With more realistic settings and without Extreme Burn-In, my FPS ranged anywhere from 49 with 8x MSAA up to 70+ with MSAA off. Heaven benchmark is stable for up to 20 minutes, when I stopped the loop. Haven't tried it higher yet. No noticeable artifacting at all with this configuration.

13I4Gmy.png

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

This 6-pin connector that Gigabyte attached really helps with OC'ing.Extraudinery OC for this card.

GPU CLOCK:1405MHz

GPU MEM:2900MHz

P.S.:I can resubmit with the boost clock,had to take a pic from valley and then attach Afterburner and GPU-Z after that because couldt figure out how to printscreen all of em using fullscreen.

Untitled.jpg

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

So I'm guessing the database or spreadsheet isn't being updated anymore?

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

Sometimes I will overclock to get that little FPS boost in gtav. Unfortunately, Within 10 minutes of playing, my game freezes... Any ideas?

On 2/8/2016 at 6:57 PM, Clutch_ said:

Sometimes I will overclock to get that little FPS boost in gtav. Unfortunately, Within 10 minutes of playing, my game freezes... Any ideas?

you've gone too far with the clock or not pushed enough extra voltage through the card, or both. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just overclocked my G1 980Ti a bit and started wondering about the gpu and mem clock readings I was getting on different programs. The HWMonitor is clearly bugging out with 595gpu/3550mem. Gpu-Z gives me readings of 1433gpu/1774mem and gigabyte Oc Guru II is going 1320gpu/7100mem.

So... I have no idea what's going on here and what readings I should be reading.

2016-02-25.png

Do not feed.

Okay, I just whipped out my calculator and it seems Gpu-Z shows the memory clock as 1/4 and HWMonitor shows it as 1/2. Does anybody know the logic behind this?

Do not feed.

On line 106. The GTX 960 ( STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5) says is has a memory clock of  7257.6 MH. That can't be right? Or am I just a noob? Most other 960 has around 1000-2000MHz on the memory clock it seems like.

So my old man just bought a 980ti Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming.

IMO I think he got a really nice card.

Out of the box, stock, its boosting to 1444mhz on the core and has a 200mhz boost on the memory over reference.

Additionally, without any additional voltage it is 100% stable artefact free at 1520mhz on the core. After 45mins of looping valley at 4k and 8x MSAA it only reached 67c at 50% fan speed.

Maxing out the Vcore to 1.244~ we was only able go up a little to1550mhz on the core but it immediately pulls back to 1.224 vcore and 1533~ MHz core clock, maybe due to power target (set to 130%) or temps (of which was only 70c)

What ever the reason we decided to just leave it on stock Vcore (1.180) and run at 1520mhz core.

Out of curiosity I checked the ASIC quality of his card. Its 79.5% o.0 I dunno if this is normal or not as I haven't looked to much into it, but compared to my 780 classified, that's crazy good. Infact the 980ti Kingpings highest offer card is 80%+ and cost over £1k.

So question. Is this a indeed a good bit of luck in the silicone lottery, or normal ?

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I need it for an sapphire R9380 4gb

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

hey guys I overclocked my gtx 980 ti g1 from gigabyte to 1500mhz but i cant make it go further, any tips to make it gp any further?

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:55 AM, Qgmad said:

Zotack nvidia gt720 1GB DDR5, idle temps are 23 and max. Temps are 45. How much should I take this up to. Any particular settings?.

Best place to take it up to is the dumpster.

Intel 5820K OC@4.7 / MSI Raider X99 / 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200mhz / x2 EVGA 980Ti Hybrid OC @1468 / Corsair Vengeance C70 (OD Green) / 2x Samsung 840 Evo in Raid 0 / Corsair RM1000x / Corsair H110i GTX  - Firestrike Score – 26156 (so far, lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice database, very good initiative! :)

So, I traded my Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti OC Edition for a MSI GTX 980 Ti Reference, sounds crazy right? I did this because I will be making a Mini-ITX system that'll run on the iGPU at home, and then when going to a LAN party, I'll slot the much smaller Reference 980 Ti in.

Anyway, beside the size and blow direction of the cooler, biggest difference are the clocks. I'm fairly knew to overclocking and wish to do this but I first wish to know a few more things about MSI Afterburner, two things confuse me a little.

First there is the Power Limit, now I know this can push the TDP a bit higher if the card needs it, but what confuses me is the setting that is linked to it by default, Temp Limit. By default it moves up with Power Limit, if set to 110% on the 980 Ti, the Temp Limit goes a bit too close to the Thermal Shutdown limit of the card which is 92°C I believe... :/ Is it safe to unlink this and leave it at 83°C? (Only bumping it high if the card really can't keep itself below that, I assume?) Also, can someone explain the prioritize button there?

Second is that some videos I've seen recommend making a custom Fan Profile, which is logical I guess seeing how the card waits pretty long before spinning up, but it's a bit unclear to me what settings to look for, how to set the increase curve? Also, isn't this mostly ignored if the Temp Limit is not met yet?

Oh and, I always notice that with Unigine, the stated frequencies are always different from what MSI Afterburner is reporting, and not just on Memory.

Main rig: Intel i7 6700K @ 4 Ghz with Silverstone Argon AR06 + Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM, Asus Z170I Pro Gaming, 2 x 8 GiB Corsair LPX Red @ 2.133 Mhz, MSI GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB, Corsair SF600, Silverstone Raven RVZ02 (no window version).

For on the road: MSI GE72 2QC Apache with 16 GiB RAM upgrade.

Is this Database still getting updates? Anyway here is my entry:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming with custom Bios to remove most of the Caps and increase the Volage. Sadly the Card really does not like RAM overclocks but the core is running really stable at 1650 Mhz. MIght not be the best it can do but fpr the moment i will leave it where it is.

OC2.PNG

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. Yesterday was the third anniversary of the database and I wanted to thank all of the 200+ people who have uploaded to the proyect in all these years.

I have been absent for quite some time now, coming every now and then to upload a few entries and try to clean up the format, but looking back to these three years I think all of you deserve better, the database deserves better than me checking it every six months. For now I will finish registering all of the remaining entries and clean the format to facilititate readability, I will be uploading a data analysis within the week and finally I am working on a new entry form that will hopefully be more clean and organized than the first version.

I have a first glance of the analysis, and hopefully it will bring useful information to the table.

Spoiler

GPU Distribution.png

Thank you again to everyone who has submitted to the database in all these years and to everyone who supported the proyect on its first days.

So, about two years ago, I made the life changing choice to sell my gaming consoles in order to build my first gaming rig and leap in to the master race in what was ultimately one of the best choices I've made in my life. While I was getting so sentimental, I came across my old laptop, which was my daily grinder when I was in High School and first getting in to PC Gaming. It's a Toshiba Satellite L50D-A with 4gb of DDR3 RAM, a 500gb HDD and an AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD 8330 graphics. While I was looking at it, I thought "You know what? Screw it. Let's overclock this bitch."

Long story short, I kept going. And going. No cooler pad, sitting on my lap. 4085 MHz core clock as compared to its original 497 and still sitting at 57 degrees Celsius while I played multiple games of Counter Strike.

So what do you guys think of this? I don't overclock a whole lot, so I'm honestly not sure if this is impressive, but I'm quite surprised that such huge overclocking room has gone completely unnoticed in a generally low end processor. Linus Tech Tips Video perhaps???

*will post benchmarks tomorrow*

Screenshot_25.png

• 5 weeks later...
On 16 June 2016 at 9:46 AM, ki8aras said:

guys how far can i overclock my msi gtx 960;

We don't know. Every chip is different.

Does this count as a thread necro even though this thread is pinned?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

guys i'm planing to buy a 

GeForce GTX 1070

but I see some with one 8pin and some with two 8pin power connector

which one you guys think is better for overclocking  

14 hours ago, Godfreyhaughton said:

guys i'm planing to buy a 

GeForce GTX 1070

but I see some with one 8pin and some with two 8pin power connector

which one you guys think is better for overclocking  

I bought the founders edition it does have an 8 pin however it comes with an adapter to plug to 6 pins into it for additional power.

I ran mine at 2052 mhz with +20 for power for 4 hours in heaven bench

dia de los Muertos

~CPU~ I5 6600K @4.5GHz ~GPU~ GTX 1070 EVGA FTW ~PSU~ EVGA G1 650W ~HDD~ 1TB WD Caviar Blue

~RAM~ G.Skill 16GB DDR4 2400 ~CASE~ NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ~MOBO~ MSI Z170 SLI Plus

~Keyboard~ K70 Lux Cherry MX Brown ~Mouse~ Logitech G502 Prometheus 

(and a lot more shit to go)