The GPU Overclocking Database

Cobalt

Put the 290 under water and was able to get more out of it. :)

GPU = HIS IceQx2 R9 290 4GB - ASIC 80% with Kraken G10 + Corsair H55

Core = 1200mhz (+253 over stock)

Memory = 1600mhz / 6400mhz effective (+350 over stock / +1400 over stock effective)

Voltage = +100mV (1289mV)

Power Limit = +50

3Dmark Firestrike Score = 10135 Link: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7423409?

Unigine Valley Stress Test Temp = 63*C after 15mins (1080p fullscreen Extreme HD setting)

Not bad, was getting 11K Graphic Score at stock on a Tri-X cooler.

Still not worth all that trouble  :D

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

What's even the point in overclocking my Msi 980Ti.

When I go over 1450 I begin to see artifacts in the sky of Witcher 3. I can get it to 1490-1510 without crashing. Memory clock begins to artifact at about +400 but I can get it to 500 without crashing the game.

The result of all this trouble? 4 or 5 extra FPS  *facepalm*

Some people do it as a hobby and compete.  There were some people on this board that have 4 980's just so they can hit pretty high benchmarks.  Playing games is secondary to them.    Some just want to sqeeze every ounce of power out of their GPU just so they can play the game just a tad bit better.  Sometimes that 4-5 extra FPS for minimum framerates can make the experience better.  Not everybody lives in your world and has the same intention as you for overclocking or not overclocking. 

As for the 980 Ti overclock, in most cases it is MORE than just 4-5 FPS extra pending upon resolution. 

http://www.maximumpc.com/geforce-gtx-980-ti-overclocked/#page-2

This was with a mild overclock. 

I have a potato!

Some people do it as a hobby and compete.  There were some people on this board that have 4 980's just so they can hit pretty high benchmarks.  Playing games is secondary to them.    Some just want to sqeeze every ounce of power out of their GPU just so they can play the game just a tad bit better.  Sometimes that 4-5 extra FPS for minimum framerates can make the experience better.  Not everybody lives in your world and has the same intention as you for overclocking or not overclocking. 

As for the 980 Ti overclock, in most cases it is MORE than just 4-5 FPS extra pending upon resolution. 

http://www.maximumpc.com/geforce-gtx-980-ti-overclocked/#page-2

This was with a mild overclock. 

Yes, a Pay2Win competition  :D

Well I don't think I can see the difference between 66 and 70 FPS @ 1440P 144hz in Witcher 3 (factory oc vs max manual oc)

By the way,the card in those benchmarks is a reference card *facepalm*

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yes, a Pay2Win competition  :D

Well I don't think I can see the difference between 66 and 70 FPS @ 1440P 144hz in Witcher 3 (factory oc vs max manual oc)

By the way,the card in those benchmarks is a reference card *facepalm*

You really did not read anything I said. wow....................

I have a potato!

You really did not read anything I said. wow....................

The factory overclock/boost clock does not count as overclocking. Also 1% of the people buying a 980Ti will get the reference cooler.

In the end, overclocking a GPU isn't like overclocking a CPU where you can get up to 50% more mhz out of it. I want to see alteast 10fps increase, otherwise it's not worth damaging the lifespan of a card/using more power/more heat output.

But I understand it can be considered "fun" for some people (even if it's moving just a few sliders) especially when you do things like LN2 or custom watercooling.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

The factory overclock/boost clock does not count as overclocking. Also 1% of the people buying a 980Ti will get the reference cooler.

In the end, overclocking a GPU isn't like overclocking a CPU where you can get up to 50% more mhz out of it. I want to see alteast 10fps increase, otherwise it's not worth damaging the lifespan of a card/using more power/more heat output.

But I understand it can be considered "fun" for some people (even if it's moving just a few sliders) especially when you do things like LN2 or custom watercooling.

I also have a factory overclocked 980 Ti (1101 MHz).  I can still overclock +200 MHz on top of that (1301 MHz/ 1501 Boost).  That is not even trying.  Imagine the difference now!  IT IS NOT A 5 FPS AVERAGE INCREASE. 4K: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbdH3ItBvk0  The spread is even more at lower resolutions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMvFpiiuN98 You still can't comprehend what a +200 to the core clock can do?  Overclocking the GPU does increases performance even with +200 to the core and that is what they proved.  It is not just 5 fps. Read the article and stop assuming it's just 5 fps average; moreover, there are many others if you google/youtube it.  If you are content on not overclocking, that is on you but you can't say overclocking is pointless if it only nets 5 fps average especially on a 980 Ti.  You did not say it in those exact words but in general, overclocking is a futile effort because it only nets you small gains.  If you can manage the heat and not go stupid on the voltage it will last a very long time.  My NVIDIA GTX 690 was always overclocked, overvolted, runs hot, and still runs fine.  Really I don't know why I am explaining this to you.  It seems like you will not read everything I say and just pick and choose what you want to read.  Done wasting my time on the ignorant.

I have a potato!

I also have a factory overclocked 980 Ti (1101 MHz).  I can still overclock +200 MHz on top of that (1301 MHz/ 1501 Boost).  That is not even trying.  Imagine the difference now!  IT IS NOT A 5 FPS AVERAGE INCREASE.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbdH3ItBvk0  The spread is even more at lower resolutions.  You still can't comprehend what a +200 to the core clock can do?  Overclocking the GPU does increases performance even +200 and that is what they proved.  It is not just 5 fps. Read the article and stop assuming it's just 5 fps average; moreover, there are many others if you google/youtube it.  If you are content on not overclocking, that is on you but you can't say overclocking is pointless if it only nets 5 fps average especially on a 980 Ti.  If you can manage the heat and not go stupid on the voltage it will last a very long time.  My NVIDIA GTX 690 was always overclocked, overvolted, runs hot, and still runs fine.  Really I don't know why I am explaining this to you.  It seems like you will not read everything I say and just pick and choose what you want to read.  Done wasting my time on the ignorant.

So you are calling my ignorant while you are the one who still hammers on that stupid article which has day one reference card benchmarks. Only hipsters buy reference cards, because a aftermarket card with custom PCB and cooling is only 20-30$ extra.

I also said I was getting only 4FPS more in Witcher 3  the video you listed shows only a 2-3 fps increase

I also find it funny how you delided your 4790K to reach 4.7Ghz instead of returning it to the store, a normal 4790K can easily reach 4.8Ghz and some golden chips 5.0Ghz or more.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

So you are calling my ignorant while you are the one who still hammers on that stupid article which has day one reference card benchmarks. Only hipsters buy reference cards, because a aftermarket card with custom PCB and cooling is only 20-30$ extra.

I also find it funny how you delided your 4790K to reach 4.7Ghz instead of returning it to the store, a normal 4790K can easily reach 4.8Ghz and some golden chips 5.0Ghz or more.

Hey I would elaborate on this but ......... SQUIRREL!  This is what it is like having a conversation with you. 

CPU:  Silicon Lottery.  Look it up.  I can overclock much higher but I will not.  Funny how much it shows your knowledge on overclocking.  Here you go again.  Assuming before knowing the facts.

I have a potato!

Hey I would elaborate on this but ......... SQUIRREL!  This is what it is like having a conversation with you. 

CPU:  Silicon Lottery.  Look it up.  I can overclock much higher but I will not.  Funny how much it shows your knowledge on overclocking.  Here you go again.  Assuming before knowing the facts.

No shit, that's why I said to return it, because of bad luck at sillicon loterry.

Watched the whole video, and the only where that dude got somewhat decent improvement was Shadow of Mordor (thanks to faster memory because ultra textures require 6GB of vram) and Crysis 3 (thanks to good optimization)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No shit, that's why I said to return it, because of bad luck at sillicon loterry.

Again..... assuming things before knowing the whole story.  It amazes me you think everybody thinks like you and everybody is in your situation in buying parts.  Wow.....just WOW.  I had a good laugh due to pure stupidity on your part today.  Thanks for that!  LOL 

I think you and I already derailed this topic.   Good fun though

I have a potato!

Again..... assuming things before knowing the whole story.  It amazes me you think everybody thinks like you and everybody is in your situation in buying parts.  Wow.....just WOW.  I had a good laugh due to pure stupidity on your part today.  Thanks for that!  LOL 

I think you and I already derailed this topic.   Good fun though

Ok I'm sorry, I forgot to check your location. Might be somewhat difficult because you live at the end of the world  ;)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Ok I'm sorry, I forgot to check your location. Might be somewhat difficult because you live at the end of the world  ;)

Oh boy..... LOL

I have a potato!

Oh boy..... LOL

8EbpqNx.jpg

b6f3c4929963f863f7edb0936796e1829d99046a

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yep, nothing but trees, farms, fishing, and a shit ton of outdoor activities.  No electronics store near by.

I have a potato!

Hi im new to overclocking but I know a fairy bit about overclocking a gpu and how to do it but I don't know how to test for satiability and I don't know what is a suitable number to overclock the clock core and vram I hope this relates to the topic in this forum  

Looks like I've got the first results for a GTX 590, I didn't bother flashing the BIOS to add voltage since the 590 shouldn't be in my main PC for any more than a couple weeks. It went a little higher than I expected.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

just got a GTX 770 PNY XLR8 OC 2GB (oh my those names)

at stock it was OC-d to 1264 mhz

after my OC 1306 Mhz stable

No RAM and I have not touched anything else, I will have a detailed play with it later on

It is fun. And when there are no new games to push the my hardware, then watching numbers go up in benchmarks is like leveling up my video cards :P 

Last night I finally figured out how to mod the bios on my Gigabyte G1 980 TIs. Reaching a stable overclock of 1520mhz core, 7700mhz memory. I could go higher but I'm already hitting the (already increased) 130% power limit on these cards.

It is fun. And when there are no new games to push the my hardware, then watching numbers go up in benchmarks is like leveling up my video cards :P 

Last night I finally figured out how to mod the bios on my Gigabyte G1 980 TIs. Reaching a stable overclock of 1520mhz core, 7700mhz memory. I could go higher but I'm already hitting the (already increased) 130% power limit on these cards.

Only 7700? MSI Afterburner shows 4004 on my Msi 980Ti so I can get up to 8008 without crashes.

Core clock can get up to 1490-1510 until it crashes.

I somehow, magically managed to get 20944 FireStrike Graphics Score, while JayzTwoCents managed to get 20385 with higher clocks then mine, and a way better motherboard+cpu.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Graphics score has nothing really to do with CPU though. That will effect the overall score.

My 2 cards get the following graphics scores in Firestrike:

Card 1: 76.5% ASIC - max boost 1530mhz, +400 memory

Firestrike Normal (21699 graphics)
Firestrike Ultra (4992 graphics)

Card 2: 69% ASIC - max boost 1520mhz, +600 memory

Firestrike Normal (21667 graphics)
Firestrike Ultra (5062 graphics)

I go 7700 on memory because pushing it higher actually hits the power limit and the card starts to throttle. This only happens in SLI though. As you can see above, they go higher in single card mode. In SLI, I prioritize core clock.

I like this. I give this post a hug!

Black and green build, I call it "Murphy". - CPU: Intel i5 4690k at 3.5 GHz - GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X SOC Force - RAM: 8GB 1866 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro (gold) - PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2 - Storage: 240GB Corsair Force LE SSD & 1TB Western Digital Black HDD - Case: Corsair Carbide 300r - Lighting: 2 green Logisys LED sticks (currently removed)

I actually have a question about this: Is it safe to run my G1 at constant 1.2V? I'd assume so. Also, ignore my clock speeds, I have some screens of it doing 1592, but my room was really hot at the moment and I wanted to see if it was still stable with high ambients. It is, it just loses ~40Mhz..

jPuUhAE.jpg

I usually run it at 110% PT and +0mV with a +125/+350 C/M. If it's safe to leave it here instead I will. I'm used to OCing cheaper cards that I don't mind if I break that much. xD

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

Hi guys my r9 390 over clocked to 1175 core and 1600 memory and it runs stable in valley no artifacts

My settings were

Power limit: 0%

Core voltage:55 mv

Core:1175

Memory:1600

The Max temp I get in valley is 80 degrees and its the Max I want to go at 1200 mhz it was stable but had artifacts which h were subtle had to down clock to 1175 to get no artifacts

I actually have a question about this: Is it safe to run my G1 at constant 1.2V? I'd assume so. Also, ignore my clock speeds, I have some screens of it doing 1592, but my room was really hot at the moment and I wanted to see if it was still stable with high ambients. It is, it just loses ~40Mhz..

I usually run it at 110% PT and +0mV with a +125/+350 C/M. If it's safe to leave it here instead I will. I'm used to OCing cheaper cards that I don't mind if I break that much. xD

1.2v is pretty low. GM2XX chips typical sweet spot is about 1.28v. I've ran my 980 at 1.31 but there weren't any gains above 1.28.

I would point out 2 things.

1st you should do your testing at 4k as it puts the greatest stress on the GPU. 

2nd a 110%* power limit might not be high enough as you might experience throttling in more demanding games.