シルバー - Shirubā

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

COMPLETE! 

Everything wired up, side panels on, booted and Windows installed. Still got some software setup to do, but I won't be documenting that. 

Going to take some final pictures soon, probably today with my phone, but I'll take some more, better ones with my friend's camera or another camera if I can find one I can use. For now I've left you a Shinobu gif as a placeholder. 

It's taken a while, but I've really enjoyed this build. I feel like I've learnt a fair bit about modding from this build as several things didn't go to plan and I had to change things as I went along. Finishing this has made me want to create another rig (probably a media PC/720p gaming). I have a few ideas for it, among which are designing it in a Mirror's Edge art style or using an anime character as a base (probably Shinobu or another character from the Monogatari series). Keep an eye out for another build log from me at some point in 2015. 

Thank you to everyone who's followed, commented, provided helpful criticism and suggestions, complimented or just looked at the build log. I'll be submitting it to build logs of the month/week soon, so please vote for it if you have the chance (: 

Bye for now (: 

tumblr_mgcikkZdyN1rnrot7o1_500.gif

Why thank you. Nearly done now. 

Yay. If only i could start mine. I need some paracord...

Steve

Filling begins!

WMpRkYc.jpg

Took around 1.2L to fill completely, luckily I bought two bottles of fluid. So far no leaks after 20 minutes, but loads of air bubbles. Going to leave it running for the next three hours or so, checking for leaks every now and then. It's going to take a while to get out all of the air bubbles, but hopefully a fair few will be gone by the end of the three hours of leak testing. I could leave it overnight, but I'd rather be awake to catch a leak if one appears. 

Pump is probably going to be the loudest thing in the rig, but it's just a faint humming sound that's not annoying, so I'm not fussed about it. 

6bbcgMs.jpg

This is exactly what I'd do it if I were to make a build right now, no flashy lights or sharp colors, just some well thought out details.

Filling begins!

WMpRkYc.jpg

Took around 1.2L to fill completely, luckily I bought two bottles of fluid. So far no leaks after 20 minutes, but loads of air bubbles. Going to leave it running for the next three hours or so, checking for leaks every now and then. It's going to take a while to get out all of the air bubbles, but hopefully a fair few will be gone by the end of the three hours of leak testing. I could leave it overnight, but I'd rather be awake to catch a leak if one appears.

Pump is probably going to be the loudest thing in the rig, but it's just a faint humming sound that's not annoying, so I'm not fussed about it.

6bbcgMs.jpg

DAT poster though....

Nice stuff!

Hopefully there are no leaks!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

This is exactly what I'd do it if I were to make a build right now, no flashy lights or sharp colors, just some well thought out details.

Well, there are a few lights, they're just not on yet. Just a strip up top to light up the case and one behind the "シルバー" to make it glow a subtle white. But yeah, I went overboard on my previous build with lights and such, so I deliberately went for primarily black, but with silver and white accents. I would change the cables to mainly black if I could, but I did them a while ago, so it was too late. 

After doing this, I've realised how much fun building custom high end systems is, especially with the amount of design choices you have for colours and layout with watercooling and such. I'm already thinking about making another system as a sort of media PC. If I do, I can use the radiator I have left over from this build, along with a few other things. I think I'd like to go with a primarily white build, but with high contrast red accents, similar to Mirror's Edge's art style. Maybe I'd transfer the PSU from this build across so I could redo the cables on a new PSU. 

Ah, not enough money though xD 

DAT poster though.... Nice stuff! Hopefully there are no leaks!

I still need to find a good Monogatari scroll. I only have 3 up right now. The Steins;Gate one with Kurisu and Okabe, a Sasuke one and an Angel Beats! one. 

I have a Tomb Raider and Yuffie lying around somewhere. I'd love to replace all but the Steins;Gate one with Monogatari, Ene and  maybe Hyouka ones, but I haven't really looked for them yet. 

I still need to find a good Monogatari scroll. I only have 3 up right now. The Steins;Gate one with Kurisu and Okabe, a Sasuke one and an Angel Beats! one.

I have a Tomb Raider and Yuffie lying around somewhere. I'd love to replace all but the Steins;Gate one with Monogatari, Ene and maybe Hyouka ones, but I haven't really looked for them yet.

Let me know what you find. I might be interest too.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I have a Tomb Raider and Yuffie lying around somewhere. I'd love to replace all but the Steins;Gate one with Monogatari, Ene and  maybe Hyouka ones, but I haven't really looked for them yet. 

I dont normally get posters but i might so anime ones. where do you get them from. Also my Mostly Monochrome seems to be turning out to be a very cheaper version of yours -expensive stuff :D

Steve

I dont normally get posters but i might so anime ones. where do you get them from. Also my Mostly Monochrome seems to be turning out to be a very cheaper version of yours -expensive stuff :D

I'll have to check it out in a bit (: 

I just search around, but mostly I either find them on Amazon or various anime merch retailers. I just found this place that will custom make them, and the shipping to the UK isn't too bad (around $13) http://www.customwallscrolls.com/

Well, there are a few lights, they're just not on yet. Just a strip up top to light up the case and one behind the "シルバー" to make it glow a subtle white. But yeah, I went overboard on my previous build with lights and such, so I deliberately went for primarily black, but with silver and white accents. I would change the cables to mainly black if I could, but I did them a while ago, so it was too late. 

After doing this, I've realised how much fun building custom high end systems is, especially with the amount of design choices you have for colours and layout with watercooling and such. I'm already thinking about making another system as a sort of media PC. If I do, I can use the radiator I have left over from this build, along with a few other things. I think I'd like to go with a primarily white build, but with high contrast red accents, similar to Mirror's Edge's art style. Maybe I'd transfer the PSU from this build across so I could redo the cables on a new PSU. 

Ah, not enough money though xD 

I've actually had some ideas for a mirrors edge themed build myself, red stitching sown into the cable sleeves, red and white fans. Dual cooling loop with white and red dye. And the rest very minimalistic, in a fractal design R4 or something similar.

I've actually had some ideas for a mirrors edge themed build myself, red stitching sown into the cable sleeves, red and white fans. Dual cooling loop with white and red dye. And the rest very minimalistic, in a fractal design R4 or something similar.

Nice idea. Do you want me to make you a banner and logo: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/238934-wipvspmostly-monochrome-%E4%B8%BB%E3%81%AB%E3%83%A2%E3%83%8E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD/ 

Steve

An hour later and still no leaks. A fair amount of the air bubbles seem to have gone, so the pump is now running much quieter, I actually have to put my ear next to it to tell if it's running. Going to leave it to bleed for another hour before I seal it for the night. 

An hour later and still no leaks. A fair amount of the air bubbles seem to have gone, so the pump is now running much quieter, I actually have to put my ear next to it to tell if it's running. Going to leave it to bleed for another hour before I seal it for the night. 

That matte black tubing looks good for non-acrylic tubing. Love it

Steve

Around 3 hours of the loop running and no leaks at all. Done with the testing for tonight, also the loop is bleeding nicely, not many air bubble left now and the pump is pretty much silent. I'll do another 3 hours of leak testing tomorrow before I actually boot up the system. 

Can i have it?

No it'll be mine soon enough.

Wait no ignore that. 

COMPLETE! 

Everything wired up, side panels on, booted and Windows installed. Still got some software setup to do, but I won't be documenting that. 

Going to take some final pictures soon, probably today with my phone, but I'll take some more, better ones with my friend's camera or another camera if I can find one I can use. For now I've left you a Shinobu gif as a placeholder. 

It's taken a while, but I've really enjoyed this build. I feel like I've learnt a fair bit about modding from this build as several things didn't go to plan and I had to change things as I went along. Finishing this has made me want to create another rig (probably a media PC/720p gaming). I have a few ideas for it, among which are designing it in a Mirror's Edge art style or using an anime character as a base (probably Shinobu or another character from the Monogatari series). Keep an eye out for another build log from me at some point in 2015. 

Thank you to everyone who's followed, commented, provided helpful criticism and suggestions, complimented or just looked at the build log. I'll be submitting it to build logs of the month/week soon, so please vote for it if you have the chance (: 

Bye for now (: 

tumblr_mgcikkZdyN1rnrot7o1_500.gif

@Oshino Shinobu Good job mate! The tubing looks fantastic. Really clean. 

I do have three complaints tho

1. I think it would look at lot better with black or white fittings instead of silver ones.

2. I would have prefered normal tubing between the GPUs instead of that unsightly EK bridge.

3. As I have said before the cabels have to much white in them.

This may sound really negative but it's not. These are petty complaints on an otherwise outstanding build. 

Kepp it up :) 

@Oshino Shinobu Good job mate! The tubing looks fantastic. Really clean. 

I do have three complaints tho

1. I think it would look at lot better with black or white fittings instead of silver ones.

2. I would have prefered normal tubing between the GPUs instead of that unsightly EK bridge.

3. As I have said before the cabels have to much white in them.

This may sound really negative but it's not. These are petty complaints on an otherwise outstanding build. 

Kepp it up :)

Thanks (:

I actually considered going with black fittings and white tubing at the start but decided against it. I'd definitely like to use more black cabling, I feel that the white draws away from the silver accents. I personally prefer how the bridge looks compared to most tubing options, but it's just personal preference, and it's easier xD 

Thanks (:

I actually considered going with black fittings and white tubing at the start but decided against it. I'd definitely like to use more black cabling, I feel that the white draws away from the silver accents. I personally prefer how the bridge looks compared to most tubing options, but it's just personal preference, and it's easier xD 

I just thinks its awesome because the most expensive part in my build is a reference 760 :( But really its looks blumin' awesome

Steve