Silverstone TJ12 - a magnified FT03?

snowComet

Back in 2011, Silverstone showed off their TJ12 concept case, a case that could hold six dual slot graphic cards....

silv-l-1.jpg

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2011/06/06/silverstone-show-tj12-concept-case/

Unfortunately this concept case didn't go into production. In this yr's computex it seems TJ12 has gone a big change, as Silverstone posted this on their facebook page a few hrs ago...

1508569_696876143704694_2597643416457736

It seems TJ12 would be the cube case, Lian Li D8000-like case, although not much detail was revealed yet... (including how many gpu it supports)

https://m.facebook.com/SilverStoneHK/photos/pcb.696876183704690/696876010371374/?type=1&source=48&refid=52&__tn__=E#!/photo.php?fbid=696876143704694&id=217554344970212&set=pcb.696876183704690&source=48

*update: VR-Zone Chinese has a little description on this case, in Chinese....

" 最後則是這次的旗艦產品TJ12,參觀者應該都會被直逼小冰箱的體型給嚇到,可以說是 SilverStone 的不計 成本之作,外觀上走簡約造型,面板為全鋁合金,光是面板重量就要直逼一般的機殼,內部同樣使用了煙囪 式設計,但加上了導流板讓氣體接近排出口時的速度越加快來帶走高階零組件的熱氣,底部四顆180mm 風 扇組成的空間可以讓使用者有不同的水冷排安排,頂部具有熱插拔的DriveBay 設計,整體只有壯觀兩個自可 以形容,不過讀者應該也發現了作為一個巨無霸機殼這樣的硬碟空間似乎還是不太夠,這點銀欣表示未來還 會在作調整,售價方面也是未定,但相信絕對不便宜。"

In summary, the description satated that:

-the front panel is made of aluminium alloy

-there are spoilers inside the case to accelerate airflow

-there are 4 180mm fans at the bottom of the case, capable of mountng radiators (should be similar to the arrangement in rv02/ft02/rv03, i think)

-the case features the 90 degree motherboard mounting from RAVEN RV01

-there are hot-swappable drive bays on the top portion of the case (maybe similar to the hot swappable drive bay design in ds260, i think)

- Silverstone is still tweaking the design of the case, and no words on the pricing of it.

sstcase_44.jpg

http://chinese.vr-zone.com/115901/silverstone-shows-massive-new-case-product-at-computex-2014-04062014/

*update 2:

TechPowerUP published an article about this case, and it looks like a magnified ft03 to me....

" SilverStone Temjin TJ12 was the elephant in the room at its Computex booth. This jumbo cubical case is huge - perhaps bigger than Lian Li PC-D600. Unlike the PC-D600, and Corsair's smaller Carbide Air 540, the TJ12 isn't a vertically-partitioned two-compartment case. Its motherboard tray (supports ATX, E-ATX, XL-ATX, and HPTX) is oriented along the plane of its front panel, with rear-I/O facing upwards. Add-on cards can easily be as long and tall as they make them. At the bottom of the case, are four large fans, with a mesh, onto which you can latch on radiators of all shapes and sizes. The drive cage and PSU bay are suspended along a sloping panel, in a way that they don't obstruct anything near the motherboard tray. The actual "front-panel" is located at the top. So the TJ12 is essentially a case you put on your floor. and access its goods from the top."

96f.jpg

96e.jpg

96d.jpg

96c.jpg

96b.jpg

96a.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/mobile/201637/silverstone-temjin-tj12-monstrosity-detailed.html

Very clean, it looks good, at least from what I see in that image, like a mini-fridge. 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Can you actually run 6 GPU's on one board? O.o

Otherwise the space seems a little excessive to be honest.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

if that has a 90 degree board and room for 1 or 2 triple 180 rads I'll buy it tommrow

Its all about those volumetric clouds

if that has a 90 degree board and room for 1 or 2 triple 180 rads I'll buy it tommrow

Prepare you bank account for something like 700$ :D 

And since you're in Australia it's probably even more :D

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Prepare you bank account for something like 700$ :D

And since you're in Australia it's probably even more :D

thats about the same price for a caselabs case and it will be less of a box hopefully

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Can you actually run 6 GPU's on one board? O.o

Otherwise the space seems a little excessive to be honest.

yes but u cant sli or crossfire more than 4 this would be more for coin mining.

Op i think they just ruined the tj series for me this is so ugly not sleek like the tj07 or tj11 this sucks :(

Not very sleek though. One of the main advantages or selling points of the TJ11 or TJ07 for me is that they are sleek, and can hold a lot of hardware. You could argue that this is sleek, but it feels like it doesn't belong with the TJ11 and TJ07.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Not a fan, and why would anyone want 6 dual slot cards? Coin miners would want an open chassis or a very cheap one. Doesn't make sense.

Not a fan, and why would anyone want 6 dual slot cards? Coin miners would want an open chassis or a very cheap one. Doesn't make sense.

that old concept of tj12 was revealed back in 2011, which gpu mining was not that popular back then. That concept was designed for gpu computing, or people who need multiple gpu. And there is no words yet on the design and spec of the new tj12, so it may not supoort six dual slots graphic cards.

Hmm, are dual-slot Xeon boards capable of 2x 3-way SLi? :P (doubt it but hey)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Not really a fan of these giant cube cases that are popping up everywhere. That 2011 concept version on the other hand, looks pretty awesome. 

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

updated with new info from vr-zone chinese and TechPowerUp

I'm not a fan of the internal layout of this case...

it seems a lot of space is wasted....

Very clean, it looks good, at least from what I see in that image, like a mini-fridge. 

Oh... you were referring to the case, alright then. Thought you were talking about the booth babe.

To search for ones identity in the sea of knowledge is to know their backbone.

it looks like it has room for 3 triple 360 rads

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

2nd and last image...
What TJ12? I don't see any.  :rolleyes:

kidding aside, I think the design is not that great.  :( 
though I might be missing something as to why that's how it looks and its orientation. 

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

SilverStone shows its new case, the TJ12

[black and white infomercial style scene]

Are you tired of being stuck with hardware that doesn't fit your case, at every computer built you do. Your Bitchin Fast 3D card simply doesn't want to fit? Then face with the headaches of trying to fit your multiple CPU socket motherboard in the case?

Are you tired of having wires everywhere all mangled that makes you pull your hair out:

informercial.png

Well now, you no longer need to live in your boring, complicated, and frustrating black and white world, as you have now the Silverstone TJ12 computer case!

[/black and white infomercial style scene]

Ok seriously guys, I have no idea what this is. But it is a real.

tj12.jpg

SilverStone-Temjin-TJ12-1.jpg

96e.jpg

96a.jpg

Exterior is in black anodized aluminum, dual-chamber design interior, which can support water cooling (I think it is pretty obvious, by the size of it, although it would have been funny if it didn't), 9x 120mm fans, 4x Silverstone 180mm fans (those are included). Each of these 4x fans produces 42 dBA at full speed, the company advertises (usually you don't advertise loud fans. Maybe they thing that people will think that greater the noise it makes, the better the fan?). The motherboard is oriented so that the plug comes from the top, and has 3x 3.5" hot-swap bays, and 4x 2.5" bays,

96b.jpg

Source 1: http://www.techpowerup.com/201637/silverstone-temjin-tj12-monstrosity-detailed.html

Source 2: http://techreport.com/news/26592/silverstone-previews-massive-temjin-tj12-case

Based on the last picture above, I think we can all agree, this is a waste of space. And still a cable mess disaster, more so, in fact.

dat voodoo3 though. I got a voodoo card in the basement! :D 

"All for the low price of $500+"

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!