Desk 90% Complete!

spwath

You could. I probably will too at some point later on, but BitFenix is cheaper where I am. For the first iteration of my build though, I'll stick with ghettosleeving with electrical tape. Just putting it out there - that's also a viable option if you're on a tight budget.

I mean, ill have 900-800 USD, but i also want an ultrawide monitor, new GPU, the whole desk thing, so idk, ill save that stuff for last I guess.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I mean, ill have 900-800 USD, but i also want an ultrawide monitor, new GPU, the whole desk thing, so idk, ill save that stuff for last I guess.

If you're building a desk, I would really recommend not having a small budget. 

If you're desperate for a PC, don't go for a desk. If you're willing to save up for a while or ask your parents for financial help, then make the build look good and function really well.

If you're building a desk, I would really recommend not having a small budget. 

If you're desperate for a PC, don't go for a desk. If you're willing to save up for a while or ask your parents for financial help, then make the build look good and function really well.

Unless of course he doesn't have a desk yet. That said 800 USD is pretty tight. Of course, US hardware prices are also lower.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Unless of course he doesn't have a desk yet. That said 800 USD is pretty tight. Of course, US hardware prices are also lower.

800 is tight for a desk? it wont cost that mutch... but with a gpu and monitor....

I do have a desk, but my screen wobbles when i type, and my computer is kinda to heavy for it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Is the 800 dollars not for both desk and entire system then?

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Is the 800 dollars not for both desk and entire system then?

Its for both. I'll have 800-900$, for everything

Its for both. I'll have 800-900$, for everything

In my book that is pretty tight. That said, here in Europe hardware prices are higher. I paid more than the equivalent of 200 dollars for a Corsair K70 here. Shipping not included.

In my book that is pretty tight. That said, here in Europe hardware prices are higher. I paid more than the equivalent of 200 dollars for a Corsair K70 here. Shipping not included.

Yeah my k70 was 130$.

The monitor and the GPU will set me back 470$ leaving me 330-440 for everything else I need/want

Yeah my k70 was 130$.

The monitor and the GPU will set me back 470$ leaving me 330-440 for everything else I need/want

I feel like you're going to run dry on funds... But maybe try to gather more while you build?

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I feel like you're going to run dry on funds... But maybe try to gather more while you build?

Yeah kinda. I can get 15/week mowing my lawn to so.

Fan getting here tomorrow. I'll test the noise and the temps

Fan getting here tomorrow. I'll test the noise and the temps

My AP123 from my gif is here! Sorry for the bad pics, ill get better ones when the build log actualy starts.

DSCF27721.jpgDSCF27741.jpgDSCF27751.jpgDSCF27761.jpg

School is over, exams and then I can start the build. New plan, I will suffer with my current monitor and gpu untill the price comes down and i have enought mone for the 34 inch ultrawide 1440p monitor.

So that puts me with 800-900 just for the desk, so ill have enough. Maby even enought for water cooling....

This is what i found for water cooling. This look good? I would get the copper tubing chromed. However you do that. http://www.frozencpu.com/process

post-53826-0-96060800-1402748719_thumb.j

post-53826-0-96060800-1402748719_thumb.j

Whoa. Water cooling. I have know idea when it comes to water cooling apart from it looks cool and it needs stuff like rads, water blocks, pumps, reservoir, tubing and of course the actual water/liquid that dose the stuff :) anyway if you put water-cooled in the title soooo many more people are going to join in.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Whoa. Water cooling. I have know idea when it comes to water cooling apart from it looks cool and it needs stuff like rads, water blocks, pumps, reservoir, tubing and of course the actual water/liquid that dose the stuff :) anyway if you put water-cooled in the title soooo many more people are going to join in.

Yeah, well im still not sure if i will water cool. Its pretty expensive. BUt ill consider alot of stuff then make my desision.

Yeah, well im still not sure if i will water cool. Its pretty expensive. BUt ill consider alot of stuff then make my desision.

either way it is going to be awesome :)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

either way it is going to be awesome :)

I hope!

Updated parts list for Posible watercooling. WOuld cost around 500, not sure if i want to spend that.

post-53826-0-88200100-1402756942_thumb.j

Made some drawings, I can decifer them, can you?
One side is the picture type thing, other side is all the material ill need.

EH nevermind, stupid copyer, ill keep trying.

Ok here are the pics

post-53826-0-24311700-1402961921_thumb.j

post-53826-0-72883400-1402961929_thumb.j

Dem drawings haha, I'll just wait for the real pictures :lol:

[spoiler= My "gaming rig" ]

• CPU: Intel i5 2500
  • Motherboard: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0
  • RAM: 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Kingston, 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Transcend
  • GPU: MSI GTX 770 Gaming OC 2 GB
  • Case: Zalman Z3 plus white
  • Storage: WD Blue 500 GB, WD Black 1 TB
  • PSU: LC POWER 650W ATX v2.3 80+ bronze
  • Display(s): Acer V223HQ
  • Cooling: Scythe SCKTN-3000
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire TK MX blue
  • Mouse: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse

Dem drawings haha, I'll just wait for the real pictures :lol:

My renders where better. I just did this in my free time after I finished my exam

Sounds awesome and the desk looks good but what about the IO ports on the mobo & gpu.

if you want to plug something in now you'll have to take it apart or there'll have to be some sort of door 

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :)