Desk 90% Complete!

spwath

This is the start of a build i will be atempting this summer.

It will be a custom desk, with a pc inside.

The desk will be made of wood, with a Mirroed 1 way glass window down the middle.

When the pc is on it will light up so you can see in, when off you cant

Will also be a racing sim with g27 (if money permits it) and a Key start for computer.

Wrapping around the outer edge will be brushed alluminum ill be making with RGB lights under that

Whole thing will have sound proof matts.

Fans will be silverstone AP 122

Specs will be my current specs for now,

FX 6300- Have

Cooler Master TPC 612- Have

MSI 970a-g43- Have

Asus direct CU 1gb hd 7850- Have

XFX TS 550 watt 80+ bronze non modular PSU- Coming

8gb corsair vengeance 1600mh ram- Have

g602- Have

k70- Have

V-moda crossfade lp w/ boompro mic- Have

Steelseries qik- Have

Debranded HP 23 inch 1080p monitor- Have

4 or 5x SIlverstone AP 122- Need, have one.

New IPS monitor- Need

Glass and wood and stuff- Need

And no more Red phantom 410 YESSSSS

Building will start later this month or the next. But here are some renders.

And for thoes of you that cant understand orthographic drawings,

Normally that glass would be Mirrored, and when the computer is on there is only the computer that you can see

Just an ordinary desk being built, change of plans.

Case will be painted tho, something might get cooler, we will see

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Awesome. So there will be LEDs inside to light up the system when its on i assume, so it can be seen through the glass.

Awesome. So there will be LEDs inside to light up the system when its on i assume, so it can be seen through the glass.

Yeah. RGB in there

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The one way mirror is a really nice idea. Just don't go over the top with LEDs in order to keep it looking clean and not too flashy. 

I am deffo following this post! Seems like a brilliant idea as long as you do it right! :)

"Life is like a box of RAM, you never know which you need"

The one way mirror is a really nice idea. Just don't go over the top with LEDs in order to keep it looking clean and not too flashy. 

Yeah, i just have some RGB LED's so they can be white if i want

I am deffo following this post! Seems like a brilliant idea as long as you do it right! :)

I hope i do do it right, this is my first thing

Yay I've been waiting for this

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I followed 

Your desk stands out because of the L-shape, I haven't seen that in many cases.

Resolution is a word. 5 is a number.

I followed

Your desk stands out because of the L-shape, I haven't seen that in many cases.

Yeah eventual surround well be nice on that

I'll work on selling my legoes today, I can get around 800USD from all of them. That will be a nice boost to this project

UPDATE, new render, different dimensions. This will most likley be the final dimentions and looks. Each little line is an inch, each big is a foot. Ill do a mock up in google sketch up like i did before later today.

Deskdraft3.png

Yep, gonna follow this build.  :)

Im glad for all the support, but im not sure how good i am at building things. This will be my first case build/mod type thing.

Im glad for all the support, but im not sure how good i am at building things. This will be my first case build/mod type thing.

Doesn't matter mate, as long as you're havin' a go :)

NOt really an update, but i got a banner for the OP thanks to @Rumikarimu 

reflectedImage.png

OK, almost ready to start build. I ordered an AP 123 like in my profile pic.

I will get a Philips 298X4QJAB 29-Inch Screen http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CCY8AMC/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

and a r9 280x http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Double-933MHz-Graphics-R9280ATDFD/dp/B00J44WVYG/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1402275084&sr=1-1&keywords=r9+280

for a total of 470 USD. Ill do that within the next few weeks

Oh cool, that monitor looks SWEET. 

also I have that graphics card :)

unfortunately i have not got a computer that can handle its power so its just chillin in its box (i got it on sale for $329, $70 off. Australia is sooo damn expensive)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Interesting, looking forward to the development of this build.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

OK, almost ready to start build. I ordered an AP 123 like in my profile pic.

I will get a Philips 298X4QJAB 29-Inch Screen http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CCY8AMC/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

and a r9 280x http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Double-933MHz-Graphics-R9280ATDFD/dp/B00J44WVYG/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1402275084&sr=1-1&keywords=r9+280

for a total of 470 USD. Ill do that within the next few weeks

:3 You're welcome ;)

Hmm, I just got sudden thoughts that I may want to do something else. Something small. A desk cant be moved. But im not sure when I would move my PC. Im not sure. I might want to make a custom matx/itx case instead of a desk. What should I do?

Ill go with desk still

Looks like a great idea.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Do you have access to a laser cutter? I could give you the SVG files for my motherboard tray if you like. Can't quite guarantee the holes will line up perfectly but it seems alright so far.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Do you have access to a laser cutter? I could give you the SVG files for my motherboard tray if you like. Can't quite guarantee the holes will line up perfectly but it seems alright so far.

No, i dont really have any tools other than hand tools. Ill either make the MB tray or take it from my phantom 410

I can decide, should i get a full set for 40$ of these sleved extensions from silverstone? my PSU is not modular, so i dont wnat to have to sleve twice if i upgrade

CM-019-SV_83624_350.jpg

You could. I probably will too at some point later on, but BitFenix is cheaper where I am. For the first iteration of my build though, I'll stick with ghettosleeving with electrical tape. Just putting it out there - that's also a viable option if you're on a tight budget.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.