Corsair Cherry MX RGB gets pricing and release dates

God I hope that K95 does come in Browns come August. So many articles are saying it will only come in Reds.

Yay for <$200.

Curiously, what is with Corsair and red switches? Is there really such a demand for them? 

I've never met anyone who preferred a red to a brown or blue.

I want a K65 RGB :(

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Yay for <$200.

Curiously, what is with Corsair and red switches? Is there really such a demand for them? 

I love Red Switches

My Rig: CPU - Intel i7 2600k OC @ 4.5 GHz | CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (Push & Pull) | Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Deluxe | RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600GPU - EVGA GTX 980 (SC) | Case - Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | PSU - Corsair TX850W | DisplaysDell S2417DG, BenQ XL2420T | Keyboard - Logitech G213 Prodigy |  Mouse - Logitech G303 | Headset - Sennheiser PC363D | Questions? Twitter=@Mattler119 

Brace Yourself.

"Should I buy the RGB Corsair or a Ducky?" posts are coming.

I personally would get the ducky.

I don't see the hype over this rgb keyboard as i like simplicity and better build quality with the ducky

• 1 month later...

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only difference between the k70 and k95 are the macro keys?

i7 - 6700k || Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti || Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB 3200Mhz || Corsair 760T White || Corsair HX850 || NZXT Kraken X62 || Asus Z170-A || Logitech Proteus Core 502 wireless || Logitech G915 TKL ||

Though I look forward to Corsair's RGB line of keyboards, I'm somewhat disappointed that rarer switch types aren't available. Personally, I've gotten rather tired of Red, Blue and Brown, and would like to see more keyboards with Clear, White and Green switch types. I'm typing on my Leopold FC660M Clear and it feels so much better (for me) than Blues or Browns. The keys feel so much crisper and stiffer keystrokes makes for a better typing experience.....in my personal opinion anyway.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only difference between the k70 and k95 are the macro keys?

correct.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Ok the reason why this is so amazing isn't just for the lights (which are amazing) but because of the software that will be released with it. It will be LUA based and able to be downloaded onto the keyboard. If you are a programmer/coder/scriptwriter you have at least herd of LUA, and if you are a gamer you have defiantly heard of AHK. If you don't know LUA is like AHK on steroids made from shark glands, blended with mantis shrimp DNA, and administered to you orally while having a threesome with Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Lawrence, and Jennifer Lawrence. THAT is why this is why i am getting this instead of a Ducky, and I LOVE my friends Ducky Shine 3.

One of the reasons I like this is because you can use any mouse and not have conflicting colors. If you have a Logitech with a blue LED, you can match it. You have a Corsair with red LED, you can change it. You have a Steelseries Siberia headset that has 16.8 million colors, you can make them BOTH any color you want, match those two up with the Corsair RGB mouse (or you're holding out for the RAT MMO to finally ship another order of matte black), and you can make them all any color you want, which is nice if you have single color computer accents, or other lighting that isn't this customizable. I bought and returned two different keyboards this month so I could try different switches, and I'm STILL on the fence about which of the 3 to get. I think because I a manage with reds, I will get them, just so I don't have to wait any longer for this beauty to be what I get paid to use all day. I'm using a wireless Logitech from 2001, and that is abhorrent to use once I tried the Vengeance K70.

When the hell is this hitting shelves!

i7 - 6700k || Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti || Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB 3200Mhz || Corsair 760T White || Corsair HX850 || NZXT Kraken X62 || Asus Z170-A || Logitech Proteus Core 502 wireless || Logitech G915 TKL ||

nope

Honestly, mine never been on since I've purchased my keyboard.

My question, k70 or k95?

I am a beautiful person who is a good idea to have a good time to time and money to buy a new job and I need some help with the same time for the first time in the middle of the day.

My question, k70 or k95?

Really? The only difference is that the K95 has macro keys. If you want those you should get the K95, if not the K70.

Not sure if I need macro keys or not, because I have a naga that I use for hotkeys, but if Im playing Mount and Blade, macros could be nice because it is the f keys used for battle commands so yeah I might get the k95, and since my setup is red mostly I wont really need to wait for a rgb keyboard, although this particular one is pretty damn awesome

I am a beautiful person who is a good idea to have a good time to time and money to buy a new job and I need some help with the same time for the first time in the middle of the day.

Not sure if I need macro keys or not, because I have a naga that I use for hotkeys, but if Im playing Mount and Blade, macros could be nice because it is the f keys used for battle commands so yeah I might get the k95, and since my setup is red mostly I wont really need to wait for a rgb keyboard, although this particular one is pretty damn awesome

I need to use more periods...

I need to use more periods...

• 1 month later...

Yay for <$200.

I have a K90 (uses reds) and I love it. I do prefer the feel of blue switches but the noise bugs me. I tried browns (G710+) but they just felt kind of mushy to me. For me, it'll either be a K70 or K65 RGB with reds or blues.

Intel Core i7 4790K • MSI Z97 Gaming 5 • 16GB 1866MHz HyperX Fury • 500GB Samsung 850 EVO • 250GB Samsung 840 EVO  • 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue • XFX R9 290 • Corsair AX850 • Fractal Design Define S • White Sleeved Cables • Custom Watercooling Loop

I have a K90 (uses reds) and I love it. I do prefer the feel of blue switches but the noise bugs me. I tried browns (G710+) but they just felt kind of mushy to me. For me, it'll either be a K70 or K65 RGB with reds or blues.

The 'mushy' feeling might have been because of the 'o-rings' used to decrease the sound of the key-activation and when bottoming out. 

Just saying ;)

Browns have a loose (to me anyway) tactile bump resulting in a mushy feel, add to that the O-rings on them in the G710+ and it'd feel even mushier. Browns have fallen off my list of preferred switch types, heck, I'd take Black over Brown anytime!

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2