Bitfenix Prodigy - Fallout 3 Case Mod - Vault Boy

Yay, me want painted rads!

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

UPDATE

So today I decided to paint the rads blue, same color as the case. I reckon they came out pretty good, love that glossy look :D

Here we go:

All ready to get started. It was a pain covering up those pins, especially since there is another layer underneath around every side to protect the rad from punctures in case you go in to deep (that's what she said) with the screws.

BNVdYPI.jpg

ZeHzqEt.jpg

LVe1wSA.jpg

tuYjOgh.jpg

Np1pXXT.jpg

kQ4SpBe.jpg

79iV6ld.jpg

tSsVp9c.jpg

mdJWYSV.jpg

I2xfmft.jpg

xkSTvoc.jpg

X84MaLN.jpg

In case you're wondering why the screws are in the middle mounting holes on the fatter rad, it's because I made the holes on the sides fit M4 bolts as I couldn't find M3 50mm long for the front panel. Didn't have any other long M4 bolts to use when painting.

Anyways, what do you guys think of the rads? I'm thinking to do some yellow diagonal stripes on the front panel rad. I think that would look pretty cool :D

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Do some yellow tubing, would look awesome with those blue rads!

Yea I'm using clear tubing with Mayhems Pastel Sunset Yellow coolant :D:P

Hey guys, I just wanna say thanks for showing so much interest in my project. I can't believe I have over 200 replies on this thread and over 5K views :D

Can't wait to finish this build!

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Do some yellow tubing, would look awesome with those blue rads!

I have to say, you'd probably be better off with yellow tubing and plain distilled water, since the colored coolants can cause heat issues from gunking up your system. Wouldn't be hard to find pastel yellow tubing. Just a thought.

Can't wait to see the final pic's

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have to say, you'd probably be better off with yellow tubing and plain distilled water, since the colored coolants can cause heat issues from gunking up your system. Wouldn't be hard to find pastel yellow tubing. Just a thought.

Can't wait to see the final pic's

I'm a big fan of colored coolant mate. I like seeing it through all the water blocks, that's why I'm also using EK clear nickel plexi blocks. Plus I've never had any problems with Mayhems coolant, been using them for about 3 years now :)

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

More pics of the rads :D

The top one is done and mounted back into its position :). Also I did those lines on the front rad. I don't think they came out too good ... What do you guys think?

I also ordered some Avery Clear Vinyl Sheets so I can print out some cool custom vinyl stickers for the case.

12RCPHJ.jpg

G8LcOjS.jpg

HTcZnL2.jpg

n975AEh.jpg

2VaS7T3.jpg

SIMPLE MODZ

This build is amazing!  :o

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

UPDATE

[Pictures were here]

Oh man that's some neat paint jobs man, love the build keep up the good work!

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

Oh man that's some neat paint jobs man, love the build keep up the good work!

Thanks man. I'm currently working on fixing the uneven edges on those yellow stripes on the rad and putting everything back together :)

Also really nice avatar :D

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

Hello there guys and girls! Here it is, the case has now been reassembled and I reckon the painted rads look pretty good :D

I managed to fix the uneven edges of the stripes by cutting very thin pieces of the carbon fiber vinyl that I have, was much easier that sanding and repainting and it also looks good :P

xrPIak7.jpg

ZlvYGgO.jpg

qP8Gsrf.jpg

EYOA8tV.jpg

SIjleiu.jpg

50siVIe.jpg

phH1pgY.jpg

flzy6Qu.jpg

nv4qTv8.jpg

F32P5JS.jpg

ELyNfyQ.jpg

OKVUrhJ.jpg

Also as you may have spotted from the pics, I cut a piece of vinyl in the shape of the Vault Tec logo and stuck the Bitfenix logo in the middle of that. I went around local areas and tried to find someone that can make the Vault Tec logo for me properly out of metal, acrylic or something but they were all charging more than $100 for that and I can't afford to spend that much money just for a logo. I'm also gonna get one of those spiral cutting attachments for my rotary tool and try to cut the shape out of acrylic and see how that looks if I manage to do it :o. If not then I think the vinyl logo looks pretty good as it is now.

SIMPLE MODZ

I like the bio hazard grill on the back, so much that I adapted it and 3d printed one of my own!

post-36837-0-73722600-1407064269_thumb.j

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

That looks sooooo good!

I like the bio hazard grill on the back, so much that I adapted it and 3d printed one of my own!

attachicon.gif20140801_1816521.jpg

Wow that's nice man. I really need to get me a 3D printer :D:P

That looks sooooo good!

That radiator looks sweet!

Thanks guys :D

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

The top one is done and mounted back into its position :). Also I did those lines on the front rad. I don't think they came out too good ... What do you guys think?

I also ordered some Avery Clear Vinyl Sheets so I can print out some cool custom vinyl stickers for the case.

giphy.gif

Thank you very nice xD

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

UPDATE

Good news !!! The motherboard arrived today and I love it :D. I immediately mounted everything in the case in order to test all the components, especially the second hand ones. I'm glad to say that everything is working fine. Please excuse my ghetto mounting but there was no way I was getting the PSU and those stiff cables in the case.

HGhFAYh.jpg

PzMJ5vq.jpg

M76gCM7.jpg

lhBjp53.jpg

tlZwtgI.jpg

4P1Nu7a.jpg

5CIS6lP.jpg

UqOb1I3.jpg

bOTW12I.jpg

rz9ssXA.jpg

AbIJSR1.jpg

SUCCESS !!! :D:P

pTNwAde.jpg

q1JPC7o.jpg

q327Ldx.jpg

u2LTHiL.jpg

6u2Q27B.jpg

yXthHNc.jpg

DStLTXa.jpg

sbXtCz8.jpg

Hope you enjoy! :)

SIMPLE MODZ

Gonna change the colors on that gpu? Just curious. Lookin good.

Gonna change the colors on that gpu? Just curious. Lookin good.

Well yea, it will have an EK water block on it with a backplate that I'm gonna make from acrylic or aluminium, or just buy the EK backplate. So the GPU wil pretty much be black with the clear nickel plexi block on it and yellow coolant flowing through it :D

SIMPLE MODZ

Ok i can't wait for the finished build, this is just pure awesomeness!