Post Your 3D Models/Creations Here!

Heres a very simple model I have done in the past two days I only got 3ds max recently so I've just been trying to learn how to use it so you don't need to tell me it's no good I already know :P I just thought I'd try keep this thread alive. The model is all properly quaded so It's game ready I haven't UV'd it yet and I probably wont as I'll moving on to trying to make more complex models. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know and just a side note it isn't actually finished but I think I will just abandon it to learn some more tools to hopefully make something bigger and better.

gothic house with roofing WIP #31.jpg

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

14 hours ago, moderategamer said:

Heres a very simple model I have done in the past two days I only got 3ds max recently so I've just been trying to learn how to use it so you don't need to tell me it's no good I already know :P I just thought I'd try keep this thread alive. The model is all properly quaded so It's game ready I haven't UV'd it yet and I probably wont as I'll moving on to trying to make more complex models. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know and just a side note it isn't actually finished but I think I will just abandon it to learn some more tools to hopefully make something bigger and better.

gothic house with roofing WIP #31.jpg

If you want to get better at modeling real/concept, try and find as many reference images as possible before starting your project out. Good luck

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

2 hours ago, multifrag said:

If you want to get better at modeling real/concept, try and find as many reference images as possible before starting your project out. Good luck

Thanks I did use reference but I just used it as a guideline. I've been looking for more complex reference images found a few that I could use.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

• 2 weeks later...
On 10.4.2016 at 9:00 PM, .spider. said:

He just left

Made some minor changes...

X2qSZa9.jpg

Few things I've been playing around with. All of its in Blender's Cycles engine. 

Credit for Judy here goes to splatypi on Blendswap - just edited it a little for the setting.
Fur is fun. 
dypNWCi.jpg

Trying out Blender Guru's Grass Essentials. Quick viewport preview with pro-skies HDRI.
EjxjhIj.jpg

And a bunch of scifi things I've been doing for various projects. Star Treky/The Expanse.

LInCFDH.jpg
wMyofjp.jpg
14699YB.jpg

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

1 hour ago, .spider. said:

Ferrofluid first draft

Animated? 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

18 hours ago, Serin said:

Animated? 

Now it is

7 hours ago, .spider. said:

Now it is

Awesome.
Didn't realise you were doing your stuff in Blender. Pleasing!

Cheese monger.

Trying to create a little perspective that shows the massiveness of the station. Needs more hull plating.

T1lOeSp.jpg

Cheese monger.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying long exposure in Blender for nonlinear moving objects.

MuqoF9K.jpg

for reference without motion blur

3UyqJGv.jpg

This is some renders for a school project of mine. (The 3D model wasnt really the main aspect of the assignment but I enjoyed doing that part of the assignment though...)

Untitled-3.png

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

9 hours ago, TowerCG said:

Yeah, so I'm a Blender Artist... Haha, two and a half years in... Here's my portfolio, although it's not finished. 

Your water shader is most interesting indeed. Cheers for making it available. Seems to do some interesting things when hit with a HDRI.

0bWZMUO.jpg

Cheese monger.

So I finally figured out how to properly render things with ray tracing and what not, so I tried it out on this 150mm drone I designed.

The circles represent the area that a 3" prop would occupy.

150mm quad _Gold Fish_ v20.png

ASU

11 hours ago, Serin said:

Your water shader is most interesting indeed. Cheers for making it available. Seems to do some interesting things when hit with a HDRI.

0bWZMUO.jpg

Hmm, most interesting... I suppose that would be the fault of the volumetrics, which allows light to pass though, but then inverts it's color. I'll have to look into it, but changing the water's Volumetric color, to the color in the render, will fix the issue (I think)

10 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Snip

Lmao, I think I'm doing the wrong kind of modeling for this thread xD 

ASU

9 hours ago, TowerCG said:

Hmm, most interesting... I suppose that would be the fault of the volumetrics, which allows light to pass though, but then inverts it's color. I'll have to look into it, but changing the water's Volumetric color, to the color in the render, will fix the issue (I think)

And indeed it did!
I like it, will have to replace some of the water I've got in various scenes with it. 
After fix and before: http://imgur.com/a/xczbP

Cheese monger.

Sorry for late reply. That looks great! Good work, keep it up :D

• 3 months later...

Blender 2.78 is out 

The tessellation feature is amazing

tess.jpg 

5 hours ago, .spider. said:

Blender 2.78 is out 

The tessellation feature is amazing

Been messing with it for a few weeks in the buildbot versions. Its absolutely glorious!
The adaptive subdiv is perfect for terrain.
ie
j7OSoJh.jpg

or

Cheese monger.

I used the foam output of the ocean modifier for displacement with adaptive subdivision, but the ocean modifier is already subdividing the plane. So I am ending up with an incredible amount of vertices.

Is there a way to get a bump map out of the ocean modifier so I can feed it into the displacement node?

ocean.jpg