Need help with my PC's CMOS Batt

Hey LTT Community,

My PC has been giving me trouble with it's internet time ( It hasn't been syncing properly ) for about a month and a half. After some looking around I frequently came across the term "CMOS Battery" where it said that some of the values were wrong, or the CMOS Batt had died. So I was wondering what type of CMOS battery I was supposed to get? I bought an Energizer 2032, there were 2 others as well, 2016 and 2025. I am unsure about these numbers and since I only bought one at the time I did not want to replace it just yet without being sure that this was the correct battery. I'll also be needing to know what I am supposed to do after changing out the CMOS Batt. Would appreciate the help as I think this has gone on long enough. :)

Thanks!

James

Open up your side panel and look at the CMOS battery, the type of battery is etched onto it. Normally they are CR2032 batteries.

Pop the current battery out and see what it says. If you are running BIOS stock (nothing changed) you won't even notice that it has been off. I'm not sure if PC will boot when battery is out, so no harm there either.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv