The Utterly Imbalanced CaseLabs TX10-D build(s)!

VSG

I'm sorry to say this, and this is only what i think, but I really don't like ur case its ugly. I mean its SOOOOO useless big! BUt its nice to read this topic and see slowly how it comes real. good job so far. I learned alot ;)

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

I'm sorry to say this, and this is only what i think, but I really don't like ur case its ugly. I mean its SOOOOO useless big! BUt its nice to read this topic and see slowly how it comes real. good job so far. I learned alot ;)

So is it ugly or is it useless big? Caselabs cases are not the best looking cases at all- they are more function over form. Also remember I have 2 computers in here with one of them that will output close to 1500W of heat easily. So I need a lot of radiator space to cool it down. Lastly, I will (eventually) build a 3rd rig in the pedestal as a server with HDDs for the household. So I don't agree this case is "useless big", at least not for me anyway :)

Thanks for reading through!

So is it ugly or is it useless big? Caselabs cases are not the best looking cases at all- they are more function over form. Also remember I have 2 computers in here with one of them that will output close to 1500W of heat easily. So I need a lot of radiator space to cool it down. Lastly, I will (eventually) build a 3rd rig in the pedestal as a server with HDDs for the household. So I don't agree this case is "useless big", at least not for me anyway :)

Hnnnng your stretch plans are so incredible, i love it

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

You have no idea. I would like to have a single unit phase change cooler on the CPU (Like this one, except custom length from the guy who makes these). I also want to have a bong cooler or a chiller for the GPUs too. But all this will have to wait till I move to a place with 20A circuits so that's not anytime soon.

Very impressed by the lightbox (pics to come soon) and the bulbs. The bulbs are pretty long and get hot, so I am worried they may burn out in the enclosed softboxes. Only 1 way to find out!

Anyone have specific requests with the BitFenix Fury 750G as far as pictures or tests go?

okay if you place so many stuff in its its okay. I just thought you would only use the rads that you alllready have (and thats not that much for such a huge case)

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

okay if you place so many stuff in its its okay. I just thought you would only use the rads that you alllready have (and thats not that much for such a huge case)

Actually it is not so simple to place them all easily. The Mo.Ra takes the entire extended top, then the upper compartment has the SR1 560 and the Swiftech 120/G-Changer 120 as well as a bunch of tubing and wiring from these 4 rads + ~30 fans. The lower compartment has the HDDs and the 2 PSUs while the pedestal will have the Monsta 480 and AX480. Once I get the parts for the server, things will switch around a bit but you can already see where everything is already being used. The front of the case will have the DVD drives, USB 3 hubs/card readers, air flow fans and fan controllers.

The amount of money spent on this build could end starvation in Africa :(

But since it is going for a beast of a PC... I'll shall wait and see the end of this work :ph34r:

Think of someone trying to attend a LAN party with that case. It would be hilarious.

Funny you should mention that. Someone brought this terrible thing at Quakecon 2 weeks ago:

900x900px-LL-8e799531_10555424_616672018

900x900px-LL-558a8351_10524702_616672045

The amount of money spent on this build could end starvation in Africa :(

But since it is going for a beast of a PC... I'll shall wait and see the end of this work :ph34r:

Good decision :D

Funny you should mention that. Someone brought up this terrible thing at Quakecon 2 weeks ago:

-snip-

I don't even know how to respond to something like that...holy mother of cable management and ugly fans...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

I don't even know how to respond to something like that...holy mother of cable management and ugly fans...

What cable management? He's just chucked in the PSU and a fan controller in the motherboard compartment and used the top and bottom compartments for clothes and rope. No idea what's in the other side.

What cable management? He's just chucked in the PSU AMD a fan controller in the motherboard compartment and used the top and bottom compartments for clothes and rope. No idea what's in the other side.

Hopefully nothing :P

Lol I wouldn't be surprised if he was using the case as his luggage for the Quakecon trip.

On a side note, I spoke to Jayson (Jayztwocents) about his loop and the Alphacool rads. He was aware all this time about their quality control issues and tried his best to get something done about it. Needless to say that didn't work and Aquatuning (parent company of Alphacool and Phobya) dropped their sponsorship. Typical!

Ok I finally set up the "studio":

G8XbRHJl.jpg

m6EbjF9l.jpg

Definitely still a work in progress, I need to iron out the wrinkles in the backdrop sheets (that come in white, black, red and blue) and fix those lights better. I underestimated how much space this would take- my dining table downstairs barely fits it. The lights (bought separate) are really nice- maybe too bright actually. The softboxes don't diffuse them enough. This is what the light looks like compared to an ordinary CFL:

HY2unCGl.jpg

Perhaps the black back drop would have suited this better, but you get the idea. These lights get hot quickly, so I wouldn't recommend leaving them on for extended periods of time. Luckily each softbox comes with a rocker switch. I am also thinking of having a flash behind the box and controlling it wirelessly if needed. Anyone have suggestions that may be useful here?

Sweet lightbox!

Im probably going to do this with my build :lol:

Nothing home-made, the products are linked here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/156570-the-utterly-imbalanced-caselabs-tx10-d-builds-dual-780ti-kingpins-haswell-e-evga-1600g2-3-custom-loops-and-more/?p=2548542

A little bit of work and this will be pretty nice. In retrospect, I would have been better off with a smaller box but at least I won't be confined for space. I can fit in an entire 900D in here.

Ya, I hope so too. It wasn't exactly cheap :D

If time permits, I will unbox the BitFenix items as well as a small red thing I am excited to use.

Small red thing? :o Well I look forward to it.

Ok, so this is mostly an unboxing of some parts. Here's what a 140 x 38mm "Yate Loon" fan looks like:

zP9EgECl.jpg

The quotes in there because these aren't the same version that Petra sold, or even those bought directly from Yate Loon. They run a little slower (1250 rpm max) but at $1.40 each I am not complaining. This is how it looks next to a Swiftech MCX12-XP and Phobya G-Changer 120mm radiator:

ArSzrN7l.jpg

NlOeRUYl.jpg

These fans are monsters, having a molex input (w/passthrough) for power. The Aquaero 6 could easily power 1 of these, but I haven't tried to see if all 9 I have can run off a single channel with needing the molex input. They move a decent amount of air- nothing close to a Corsair SP120 HPE or NB-eloop B12-4 at full speed. Noise wise, they are about the same as a SP120 QE and slightly louder than an NB-eloop B12-2.

I then opened up the BitFenix care package. They included 2 of their aluminum case badges too:

cNqyVGtl.jpg

0xZMLVRl.jpg

erELt72l.jpg

Nope, these aren't free and nor do they come with their products like the PSUs. Not sure about the cases though! Next up, the Alchemy LED strips:

xlp3Umdl.jpg

They sent me 4 x 60mm strips of white LEDs.

NWKJm8Mh.jpg

Let's see them lit up:

FQ6JlvBl.jpg

mtbwzETl.jpg

That doesn't really help much. What about a black background?

8qGyqfwl.jpg

L4EWcQZl.jpg

Ok, that's better. Let's turn off the softboxes and see how these illuminate the interior. I have 2 strips hooked up here:

VWeBukKl.jpg

Not too shabby. With all 4 strips, I bet it is enough for a single TX10 motherboard compartment :D

I have more lighting samples coming in and will do a small comparison before deciding on what to go with. Next up, the Fury 750G:

YHnGuuOl.jpg

2KzdPz3l.jpg

d4PTnxgl.jpg

Cv0PzEMl.jpg

At this point, I saw the accessory box in there and figured that was a nice touch to help store unused cables. After all, this was a semi-modular design PSU with only the 24 pin cable attached. But then:

rTModHWl.jpg

Ob5erEBl.jpg

So much for that! The modular cables are bundled in 2 sets and is accompanied by a 14 AWG power cord:

dddsgm5l.jpg

They also give 5 screws in case you lose one for whatever reason. I wish these were black but not a deal breaker.

5JmppHql.jpg

Here's the PSU itself now:

unnwbl9l.jpg

d3uEBWRl.jpg

So you either go fan down and get the BitFenix logo on top + side lettering, or go fan up and get the spec sheet in typical cases. Another thing to complicate that decision is the fact that the motherboard cable is all the way to one side. So depending on how the PSU is placed, the cable may not be long enough.

XJC0SuJl.jpg

A look at the internals is best seen from the review over at TechPowerUp, I won't be opening this up. But I did get a PSU tester so I will review performance later. 

Finally, a little something red from Gunslinger:

kkc6n9il.jpg

K0fX7JTl.jpg

nQoBQEGl.jpg

OCdNBOcl.jpg

CYbRRN5l.jpg

H9xcQXMl.jpg

Ok enough of the teasers. It is the hard to find EVBot from EVGA:

v4oGAc8l.jpg

ZtFhJr3l.jpg

This will be pretty useful when benching, especially if/when I do go subzero.

Funny you should mention that. Someone brought this terrible thing at Quakecon 2 weeks ago:

900x900px-LL-8e799531_10555424_616672018

900x900px-LL-558a8351_10524702_616672045

Good decision :D

Uuuhhhhmmmmm...OK? pooof.gif

On a side note, I spoke to Jayson (Jayztwocents) about his loop and the Alphacool rads. He was aware all this time about their quality control issues and tried his best to get something done about it. Needless to say that didn't work and Aquatuning (parent company of Alphacool and Phobya) dropped their sponsorship. Typical!

Sigh. Unfortunately I am not surprised by that story. So far my personal

experiences with AT have been good (they ship quickly, prices are OK for

where I live, decent selection available compared to the competition around

here), but I've heard a few anecdotes now that their business practices

leave a bit to be desired when it comes to ethics, to put it politely. :(

It would be nice if they had some competition around here, but unfortunately,

the bigger they get, the less likely that becomes, thus strengthening their

position even more, and so on (hurray for positive feedback loops!).

EDIT:

Obviously I don't know what went on behind the scenes, so take this with

a grain of salt, as usual for anecdotal evidence. ;)

Edited by alpenwasser

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic