Pretty Music Please

ShearMe

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Devin Townsend's (SYL/DTP/Steve Vai) latest solo project featuring Ché Aimee Dorval and Morgen Agren (Zappa/Holdsworth/Frederick Thordendal's Special Defect).

Super chilled country blues set in space.

It is a story about a traveller, floating through space and time, who, when hearing a beautiful woman’s voice, is lured to a hostile, sentient planet. It turns out that the planet is an actual entity, transmitting the woman’s voice through an old radio as a way to get victims to the planet. The planet feeds on the victim’s fear, and the only source of comfort the traveller has is the old radio. When the power for the radio dies, the traveller feels that all is lost, however, he finds an old phonograph, crank player that was a clue left by the actual woman, trapped inside the planet, that in order to free himself, he has to confront his own fear. He builds a bridge out of the bones of the prior victims, and although he doesn't finish it, his force of will to not submit to the fear liberates the woman and frees his soul.

http://www.omerch.eu/shop/devintownsend

It is a story about a traveller, floating through space and time, who, when hearing a beautiful woman’s voice, is lured to a hostile, sentient planet. It turns out that the planet is an actual entity, transmitting the woman’s voice through an old radio as a way to get victims to the planet. The planet feeds on the victim’s fear, and the only source of comfort the traveller has is the old radio. When the power for the radio dies, the traveller feels that all is lost, however, he finds an old phonograph, crank player that was a clue left by the actual woman, trapped inside the planet, that in order to free himself, he has to confront his own fear. He builds a bridge out of the bones of the prior victims, and although he doesn't finish it, his force of will to not submit to the fear liberates the woman and frees his soul.

You wot m7. So is it the whole album for the story? It's all available on Spotify. :)

You wot m7. So is it the whole album for the story? It's all available on Spotify. :)

It's a concept album, but each track is an individual piece.

I'm not sure it's on Spotify as it is a self produced and released album via PledgeMusic:  http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/casualties-of-cool

http://www.omerch.eu/shop/devintownsend for non-pledge purchases.

edit:  There are two cd's so not sure if it's entirely available, I mean :)

edit:  There are two cd's so not sure if it's entirely available, I mean :)

Apparently I'm unable to see the full updates of the blog portion of that pledgemusic site unless I've pledged something.... seems counter intuitive for anyone who wants to learn about the album before buying.  :huh:

I've got 15 tracks on Spotify, and they're pretty cool. On my second play through so far.

8XEcf.png

If you haven't heard it before, I think I have a similarly cool album you might enjoy. It doesn't have an artsy background story, however. It's all instrumental (a few sampled voices, but no actual lyrics), and swings between slow ambiance type stuff and energetic climaxes. It's technically 4 pieces or movements, but each is broken down into 9 parts that stand alone nicely.

The initial post was just Dev telling us what he wants to do with it, but yeah all subsequent updates are 10 min video updates of him producing and recording various aspects of the album.  There is a particularly long letter to potential backers on the front page of the project.

I'm not a huge NIN or Trent Reznor fan to be perfectly honest, but I wasn't aware he'd made an album like this - I'll definitely check it out!

This might help you find stuff on Spotify, but you may have to "running water download" it. Or PM me.

Casualties Of Cool (Special Edition)

Special Edition disc 2

01. Ghost Wives 
02. Drained
03. Dig for Gold 
04. Dead Eyes 
05. Drench
06. Mend (instrumental) 
07. Where You’ve Been 
08. Gone is Gone 
09. Fight 
10. Glass World 
11. Aquarius 
12. Perspective 
13. Moonshine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB_RzlqbV98&feature=kp

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but here's a song from a video game. It is enshrouded with a noire and blues theme.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Glass Animals - Pools

Got any more super upbeat stuff like this? I've been listening to this artist in my car with the subwoofer turned all the way up and it's just awesome.

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but here's a song from a video game. It is enshrouded with a noire and blues theme.

Whatever you think is pretty, mang. :)

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

Almost forgot liars and pink floyd

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

I hope you like the spanish guitar with an orchestra. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

supergiantgames.bandcamp.com

You listen to some trippy stuff mang

got most of my music listening from Anthony Fantano

Here is a link his review of the newest liars LP Mess. 

Also fuck Jpop and Kpop