Would you buy from APPLE....

midrim

Okay. And the point of that being......?

How does it offer anything over another nice native-Windows laptop?

Yes, the design is great.. But there are better design offerings that other companies provide. Then again, that's just my opinion.

You said it. I like the look and feel. I also want to use all three operating systems legally. 

You said it. I like the look and feel. I also want to use all three operating systems legally. 

Yeah, that's one of two things I respect the hell out of Apple for. Aesthetics & Build Quality. They have that down packed. :D

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

im a windows fan boy so. no never. I had a ipad, i sold it, bought a venue 8 pro and its way better then a ipad, and it cheaper, it has a sd card slot, not to mention how many more programs you can use.

since i have used both, i see both sides of the spectrum, and yes i love windows MUCH more then apple, although, i dont like win8 phones.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

They do have good build quality, I'll give them that. Screens too.

I'd take the 13" Macbook Pro but that's it. iPhone ain't good enough to replace my N5, iPad ain't good for nothing. OS X is nice to use for productivity. iOS is trash.

There's something about Apple's Macbook design that most Ultrabook manufacturers are missing out on. With the exception of the Zenbook and the like, other ultrabooks simply look like thin laptops. They don't look high quality, they don't feel high quality either.

....if they were as cheap/cheaper than their PC/Android counterparts?

Android yes, PC never

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

I have an iPod touch 5 and have previously owned a iPod touch 4. When my current iPod breaks (i'm a bit clumsy ) i might by another one (iPod touch 6 maybe) otherwise i might buy a cheap android phone (if one-plus one comes to Australia). Any way i gotta go. I am at school and my laptops about to run out of charge  :ph34r:  :unsure:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Price has nothing to do with it. 

Phone: Android is a better overall experience for me. I like to play with different roms and mess around with my phone. The iphone itself is a great device, its IOS which is a deal breaker for me. Besides most phones are roughly the same price anyway.

Computer: Again I don't care about the price of apple products. I have a simple task  and that's to play video games. Games run better on windows. DONE DEAL.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I would definitely buy a MacBook Pro or Air if they were cheaper. Their designs are exceptional, I like the retina displays, and they'd be good for light gaming, like Minecraft. (Iris Pro graphics, anyone? xD) I don't really care about upgradability in laptops, as long as I can put in a new hard drive, SSD, and more RAM if needed.

However, I would have to re-learn the OS, which I haven't delved deeply into in some time. We have two and a half Macs in my house (one's logic board died, costs $400 to replace), but I don't use them that often. I'm used to Windows 8.1 now.

In reality, there are two gripes I have about Macs. I don't like the pricing, and I hate fanboys who think they are the best things in the world and don't consider any other options just because Apple. Yes, they're good products, yes I think they have their uses, but thinking that they are the ultimate pieces of hardware when there are other options available just really gets on my nerves.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I enjoy everything else too much, it wasn't just the price of apple items but their content just doesn't interest me at all.

Nope, hate OS X, ios is okay but not my taste. If I were to get a laptop I would get a thinkpad x1 carbon 2014 or a w540.

"No signature"

....if they were as cheap/cheaper than their PC/Android counterparts?

I know a lot of you hate Apple mostly because of their pricing. Now that Jobs is gone, it seems they started focusing on attracting a bigger market by making stuff like the 5C and the next line of macbooks they dub as cheaper than before. So what if they started selling @ true value - would you buy from them?

my android phone (xperia Z2) is 800 off contract, that is not cheap.

there are laptops that cost just as much as a macbook (razer blade) so its not about the price.

its so much more about the person that uses it. if you like iOS then get the iphone. if you want a bigger screen then get a note 3  if you want awsome built quality then get the HTC one so on.... and non of these are cheap devises. 

see the point im trying to make?

I am not a huge fan of their software policies, but if their hardware was significantly cheaper/cheaper than the competitors, then sure I'd buy some. 

Probably an air. 

Loads of community interaction and CS:GO gameplay
www.twitch.tv/terosterone

Stupid thread. You get what you pay for. The only thing that they overcharge for are upgrades. Otherwise their prices aren't that bad. Especially when you keep in mind that their hardware usually ships with a full version of their latest OS.

Want to talk about overcharging? Why is each version of Word, Office or stuff like Photoshop so damn expensive?

The only thing I don't like about Apple it the way Phil Schiller and Cook act on stage. And the lawsuits.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Apple IIe with Oregon Trail. 

Yeah, I'm going back old skool

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

i have an ipad and iphone and TBH there awsome and i doubt id change tried android and i dont like it

but pc>mac IMO so i doubt even price would change my opinon

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I would not buy from Apple even if they had a going out of business/fire/garage sale. their level of price fixing, price gouging and mind control, is something i just do not support.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

The only thing i would buy from apple is the iphone.

Other products from apple for me is a huge NOPE!

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

I would give OSX a go if it was heaps cheaper, but I can't stand IOS.

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

Where is the option for "I already buy them"

that is the option I would like to pick. I am sorry but I find their products to be pretty good value compared to competing products. 

Its just whether or not you like the company/products/capability/looks/OS etc etc etc

The macbook air is a very well priced "ultrabook"

The retina macbook pro, is very well priced for a machine with that spec and amazing display

Mac mini is a really good value little desktop!
The iMac, when compared to competing All In One desktops is very well priced (obviously not with windows desktops)
Mac Pro, very competitive with high end work stations (not gaming desktop pcs)

iPhone - still a very fast phone, amazing graphics, still a great display, easy to use OS, great camera, great build and feel , its not cheap no

iPad - Very good tablet just dont expect it to replace  your laptop , very fast, very light, nice build quality, - what IS expensive is the lack of storage, I wish 32gb was minimum, 64gb mid tear, 128gb high and 256gb tops, also its camera is POO

well you get the drift, if you are not comparing them to custom built gaming desktops, then they compete very fairly. Plus free OS is a great+ (if you like the OS)

The only thing I don't like about Apple it the way Phil Schiller and Cook act on stage. And the lawsuits.

Ah I love Tim Cook, I really love his voice and how he talks. Though he talks nowhere NEAR as cool as Jony Ive. I love his voice and his slow measured speech

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Being a iPad rMini, iPhone 5 and MacBook Pro (2011) owner, I don't think that the pricing is as hard to justify as it have been.  

My MBP from 2011 was defiantly overpriced with its mechanical HDD and 4 GB of ram. 8 GB of ram should be standard at that point, and an SSD would not have been to much to ask for from a company that claimed to be the frontrunners in  good user-experience. It wasn't anything I could not fix with a Samsung 940 Pro SSD and 16 GB of ram, and today I could not imagine a better laptop for studying and getting things done.

The MacBooks of today dos not have the same issues, you get enough ram and a PCIe SSD + a very nice screen. 

FRACTAL DESIGN R4 / AMD FX 8350 / NVIDIA GTX 770 / ASUS SABERTOOTH FX990 R2

MacBook Pro (2011) w. Samsung 840 PRO & 16 GB Corsair Ram

I do own a MacBook Air, iPhone 4 and iPad 4. I think if their iMacs were set at their actual value and didn't cost AU$200 - AU$400 (even after currency conversion :() then I would probably buy one and dual boot it with Windows 8.1.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I know a lot of you hate Apple mostly because of their pricing.

Only reason I hate apple is because the price doesn't match what's in the system/product. I think they over price their products, and no, not because I don't have the money. Now, if they HAD a product worth the price you pay, then ya sure I'd buy from them. But because they try to sell you crap stuff, make it look pretty, and slap an enormous price tag on it, No I wouldn't buy from them.