Switching to Intel Maybe? 1150 or 2011?

Hey guys, it's nearing my birthday and I have a budget which I can get birthday presents with (~$500 preferably less) and I am in need of a new motherboard and thought why not just completely switch over to intel while I am at it. I saw that the i7 4820K was cheaper than the i7 4770K ($375 VS $384), now I know this is overkill for what I am going to be doing and I know with a decent motherboard I am stretching the budget pretty hard (leaving $125 for the motherboard) but if it comes down to it I can chip in and pony up ~$50 if necessary. For the motherboard it needs to be crossfire compatible ( I know it doesn't matter but I would like the PCIe lanes to run higher than X16 and X4 which my current board does and it just annoys me for some reason) good for OC'ing and I would LOVE for it to have some sort of cool colour scheme like green&black, just something out of the ordinary. 

Now to give a slightly easier on the eyes format for those who cbf reading.

i7 4770K ($384) VS i7 4820K ($375)

Things I will be doing:

- Lots and Lots of gaming (1080p).

- Coding.

- Some video rendering and 3D rendering casually.

-General computer use like web browsing and skype.

Motherboard Unknown ($125 + ~$50 if needed):

- Needs to have crossfire compatibility ( just for OCD higher bandwidth than X16/X4).

- cool quirky colour scheme.

- for the love of god not ASUS.

- Good Water Cooling clearance

- Some sort of wow factor not really important but I want a surprise in your suggestions.

So if you managed to get through that wall of text I thank you oh so very much in advanced <3

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

1150 quad core lga 2011 cpus are pointless and the 2011 mobo is going to take up most of your budget 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Get a 4670k unless your doing some mighty editing.

Your budget is in the i5 range, not the 2011 CPU range.

Also, it's going to work pretty much the same for gaming.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

going from 8350 to i5 is crazy.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

1150, cheaper boards better features, slightly less performance but its not a massive hit, its like comparing a gtx 750 and a 750 ti, but the 750 is £100 and the 750 ti is £300, sure there is better performance but at a stupid bang for buck

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I would wait for devil's canyon though

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Don't go with LGA2011 unless you're going to do it properly, with a 4820K it's just gonna be a waste of money.

Keep in mind you will be working with 16 PCIe lanes, that being said if you do a CF setup then it will divide 8x/8x and on a PCIe 3.0 bandwidth that shouldn't bottleneck either GPU. 

Also considering that you want a flashy motherboard that "wow factor" tends to cost a little more in your motherboard, however I guess that comes down to personal taste.

I would certainly stick with a 1150 cpu, both 4670K and 4770K are great.  If you are serious about casual rendering creation, you might use the HT.

going from 8350 to i5 is crazy.

Sarcasm or no?

1150 quad core lga 2011 cpus are pointless and the 2011 mobo is going to take up most of your budget 

1150 cause 2011 doesn't offer much to anyone but the hardcore extremists.

2 gpu's and 4 cores is enough for just about everyone

Plus it's cheaper

1150, cheaper boards better features, slightly less performance but its not a massive hit, its like comparing a gtx 750 and a 750 ti, but the 750 is £100 and the 750 ti is £300, sure there is better performance but at a stupid bang for buck

I would wait for devil's canyon though

That could be a decent idea aren't the "K" versions coming out early June?

Don't go with LGA2011 unless you're going to do it properly, with a 4820K it's just gonna be a waste of money.

So 1150? ok thanks for that part, what motherboards would you recommend for an i7 4770K?

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

Sarcasm or no?

That could be a decent idea aren't the "K" versions coming out early June?

So 1150? ok thanks for that part, what motherboards would you recommend for an i7 4770K?

we still have no date for devils or 5th generation 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Sarcasm or no?

no sarcasm, i5 is barely better than the fx so it's a waste of money.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

no sarcasm, i5 is barely better than the fx so it's a waste of money.

I thought you meant crazy as in good crazy okay, dw bby.

Hey guys, it's nearing my birthday and I have a budget which I can get birthday presents with (~$500 preferably less) and I am in need of a new motherboard and thought why not just completely switch over to intel while I am at it. I saw that the i7 4820K was cheaper than the i7 4770K ($375 VS $384), now I know this is overkill for what I am going to be doing and I know with a decent motherboard I am stretching the budget pretty hard (leaving $125 for the motherboard) but if it comes down to it I can chip in and pony up ~$50 if necessary. For the motherboard it needs to be crossfire compatible ( I know it doesn't matter but I would like the PCIe lanes to run higher than X16 and X4 which my current board does and it just annoys me for some reason) good for OC'ing and I would LOVE for it to have some sort of cool colour scheme like green&black, just something out of the ordinary. 

Now to give a slightly easier on the eyes format for those who cbf reading.

i7 4770K ($384) VS i7 4820K ($375)

Things I will be doing:

- Lots and Lots of gaming (1080p).

- Coding.

- Some video rendering and 3D rendering casually.

-General computer use like web browsing and skype.

Motherboard Unknown ($125 + ~$50 if needed):

- Needs to have crossfire compatibility ( just for OCD higher bandwidth than X16/X4).

- cool quirky colour scheme.

- for the love of god not ASUS.

- Good Water Cooling clearance

- Some sort of wow factor not really important but I want a surprise in your suggestions.

So if you managed to get through that wall of text I thank you oh so very much in advanced <3

X fire will run on cheap motherboards maxed out (Xfire is 8/8). SLI needs higher. Z87-G45 is all you need for SLI. All z87 overclocks same. AMD is different because it runs at high voltage and needs a damn good motherboard as far as power phases to hit max clocks.

Now as far as water cooling? I wouldn't waste my time on current Haswell. If you want an enthusiast build, focused on aesthetics as well as performance and where water cooling might actually get you high clocks? Wait until Devil's Canyon I7 and get a Z97. Pair it with the enthusiast board you like the best on looks from Gigabyte, MSI, Asus. The new Asrock looks like a hell of a deal for value. I can't tell you what looks good (we all have preferences), but when you get to like 170 and up. All those boards pretty much have good power phases. You are comparing looks, features that aren't necessarily performance related outside overclocking competitions on suicide runs,.

Current Haswell isn't worth a enthusiast board/water cooling because you are getting from 4.1-4.7 and all the cooling in the world can't stop you from getting screwed. You can end up with a far worse clock on water cooling then someone with the cheapest z87 and a 30 dollar evo 212.

Case? Again that is personal preference and you pay for aesthetics. I think that Inwin glass case looks baller as hell. I would never buy it at the price it is, but it looks awesome. Hell it prob has worse airflow than a 49 dollar Haf 912 (to be honest a lot of the expensive cases probably do), but that thing looks AWESOME. I don't like flash though. You might. I would prob put like muted white or silver LED's in that case if any. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CjgKEAjwnfGbBRDlxoHrl6uikyESJAD-nzCFQMAXlGWDuGtuJcTVOTiCvzSh0tg95l0HTj-Fz4ekzPD_BwE&Item=N82E16811108456&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Computer+Cases-_-N82E16811108456&ef_id=U3nKYQAAAfip9Sye:20140521135348:s

Pick out a water cooler and make sure it will fit in the case  you pick out from the coolers webpage. Some of the prebuilt dual rads don't fit in some cases. 

Basically if you are going all out? Wait for Devil's Canyon and go z97. You will want to cry if you get a Haswell that does 4.2 on water with a 250 dollar z87, and it DOES happen. 

Basically it is YOUR personal computer. Go with what makes you happy on looks. I like no flash and understated, you might like balls to the wall flash and something like a NXZT phantom case.  If you are spending 100 and up on a case? Make sure you really like it. Same with an expensive motherboard. You are paying for aesthetics, and the only way you are getting your moneys worth is if it makes YOU happy. See through side panel and seeing a certain color mb makes you happy? Go for it. :)

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.