Apple iPhone 5S - iSwitched Back Video Discussion

Dayum, I'm the second viewer!

And dat title.. Iphone5s linus  :D

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

@LinusTech

Did iTunes crash your PC?(again)

Is that why you're uninstalling it! Lol JK

Hey, I thought the video was your best iSwitched video yet!

I also love the cute figurine guy! 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Symbian>>>

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Great video, and go android

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Meh.. I really like the amount of cusromizability in android..

The only way to customize an iphone is a new cover.

Hey I was just wondering if anyone knew what watch he was wearing during this video, looks kinda cool :)

What happened to the Pebble?

I laughed my ass off at the text convo of you and Luke... I personally find my iPhone 4 (screwed up my android phone) to have much better battery like, around 60% after a day of school, compared to the 35% of my android phone (Xperia Acro S). Also, the iPhone 4 feels faster when I type, but that may be because I had SwiftKey and I touch type so fast it thinks that I am swyping. I do miss the bigger screen though and am looking at the Z1 compact/One M8 mini when they're around $NZ 500.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I've found myself actually using Siri...although only to set alarms when I can't be bothered fining the clock app :P

My Feedback

This video wasn't as detailed as I liked it to be. And I felt the video kind of too quiet. Probably cause you weren't making any jokes or pumped up as how you looked in other videos.

Oh and you can place folders in the dock, you'll have to make a folder in the home screen and then drag it onto the dock

Meh.. I really like the amount of cusromizability in android..

The only way to customize an iphone is a new cover.

And to do that you have to root so that you can actually customize an android phone.

Same goes for Iphone.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

And to do that you have to root so that you can actually customize an android phone.

Same goes for Iphone.

Not really, you can customize launchers, icon packs, animations and in some phones the system font. You will need root to do even more customization and yet even a jailbreaked iPhone can't be customized as much as a rooted android.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Same goes for Iphone.

Im talking more on the lines of having customizable UI

Which makes the whole phone completely personalizable..

Like widgets live wallpapers home launchers lockscreens..

The whole ecosystem is personalizable..

WITHOUT ROOTING.

Having used (not owned) almost all versions of the iPhone (3gs, 4, 4s, 5, 5c) an iPod touch 5th gen and my mom's iPad mini. I have to say I really love Apple's hardware but I couldn't live with the "lock down" software, even the fact that I have to use iTunes still in 2014 annoys me. Keep in mind that I have a pretty low end android phone but it can do so much more than an iOS device and I love it because of that.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

WITHOUT ROOTING.

I hate widgets on android. Id rather have nothing at all on my homescreen so i can see my background picture just like i do on windows.

Ofc is an Iphone less customizable because of its locked down nature, Even Windows Phone has more customization.

But for example if you want to have the latest and greatest update of google then you need to root, which a user shouldn't even have to do.

I wish updates on android worked more like they do on iOs and Wp8(.1)

I like the startmenu of my Windows phone 8 much more than the one Iphone gives you where you have to look at all those icons.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

WITHOUT ROOTING.

What do you mean? I can rearrange the icons on my homescreen...INTO FOLDERS :P

Having used (not owned) almost all versions of the iPhone (3gs, 4, 4s, 5, 5c) an iPod touch 5th gen and my mom's iPad mini. I have to say I really love Apple's hardware but I couldn't live with the "lock down" software, even the fact that I have to use iTunes still in 2014 annoys me. Keep in mind that I have a pretty low end android phone but it can do so much more than an iOS device and I love it because of that.

I don't mind iTunes, Samsung Keys (I think that's what they call it) was actually 10 times worse than iTunes. After using Keys for a GS3, iTunes feels like a blessing.

I don't mind iTunes, Samsung Keys (I think that's what they call it) was actually 10 times worse than iTunes. After using Keys for a GS3, iTunes feels like a blessing.

Well I got used to not use any software at all in my Motorola phone, just drag and drop like if it was a HDD.

I also have installed Nokia suite because my mom has an asha and it is also not a great program.

Main PC:

Netbook:

I hate widgets on android. Id rather have nothing at all on my homescreen so i can see my background picture just like i do on windows.

Ofc is an Iphone less customizable because of its locked down nature, Even Windows Phone has more customization.

But for example if you want to have the latest and greatest update of google then you need to root, which a user shouldn't even have to do.

I wish updates on android worked more like they do on iOs and Wp8(.1)

I like the startmenu of my Windows phone 8 much more than the one Iphone gives you where you have to look at all those icons.

Okay fanboy.. Keep your pants on.

Okay fanboy.. Keep your pants on.

Where do you see fanboy from?

I have 6 years of experience of Android.

I have only used wp8.1 for 5 months.

Stock android feels and looks the best imo.

@Skanic

You dont need root for the latest phone.. A company will give you software updates for a limited time only.. Not forever.

Not like you get the latest ios on like an iphone 3 is it??

Atleast you have an option to hack on and run the latest os on android..

You are optionless on apple.

Widgets dont look good?? Ill give you that.. Its a personal decision..

But what did apple get that is new??

Fingerprint scanner..total gimmick.

Atleast androids try actual innovations like IR or waterproofing.

Admit it .. Apple is FOR TECH ILLETERATE PEOPLE only.

MY OS IS BETTER THAN YOUR OS.

NO!. YOU ARE WRONG MY OS IS THE BEST BECAUSE YOUR OS CANNOT DO WHAT MY OS CAN DO!

BUT YOUR OS ONLY DOES WHAT YOURS CAN DO BECAUSE MY OS DID IT FIRST.

BUT BUT MY OS IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Linus you've gotten this wrong twice now. On iOS there is an app called "Youtube Capture" that is separate from the main youtube app. The app store page can be found on the "guide" bar that opens up on the left hand side at the bottom in the youtube app, or just buy searching for it. Please stop giving the iPhone negative marks because of your own lack of research and knowledge. I have used this app several times and it works flawlessly and hearing you talk about how "you can only upload to youtube via the Photos app" is annoying as hell because it's not true. The app has nearly 3,000 reviews on the appstore, so obviously it's not hidden and most people that need the app have been able to find it. Unlike yourself. @LinusTech