Halo 5: Guardians - Confirmed for Fall 2015 on Xbox One

Torand

I see it, you can't hide it from me...

Microsoft and Sony think they can by calling it "next gen"  :lol:

-------

Current Rig

-------

Why would they offer a primary exclusive flagship to other platforms when it can sell Xbox One consoles?

Halo has had a very hardcore Xbox following for years, the PC versions of 1 and 2 were flops.

The fact that they feel they have to compete against their own OS to protect xbox is just pathetic. Also the PC gaming scene is strong right now.

The fact that they feel they have to compete against their own OS to protect xbox is just pathetic. Also the PC gaming scene is strong right now.

I bet the developers of Xbone exclusives (in the console space) this gen will with they could launch on PS4 (Titanfall)

Sauce, tomato this time: http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/16/5723014/halo-5-guardians-xbox-one-fall-2015-release-date

Pro's

- Halo series is my favourite game series. Ever. Of all time.

- Super exicted to see what they can do.

Con's

- Xbox One.

Still excited, but don't know if I can bring myself to buy an Xbox One, I'd rather buy another 780 and keep £100.

EDIT: Glad it's not just me who is torn up about buying an Xbox One to play Halo 5. :P

Don't upgrade to Windows 8 or buy the Xbox One. Know what will happen? It will come to PC as a Win 8/9 exclusive. It's really simple. There aren't close to enough Xbox One's in peoples homes to get their money back for development. If you want to even win bigger? Don't buy either console.

Know what happens then? You don't just get Everquest and Planetside 2 from Sony. You will also get Uncharted. Kojima wants to bring Metal Gear Solid to the PC. Square Enix wants to bring FF to the PC. The sooner people realize this, the sooner you get ALL the exclusives and don't have to make a choice, or buy a budget PC to play one game worse than it would play on the PC you own. 

These consoles are budget PC's, playing PC games. These developers can develop them for Windows or Steam OS just as easily, while making more money (no used games), and without MS/Sony taking a giant chunk of the product sold. Every time you buy a "next gen console"? You are just screwing yourself out of "exclusives" for a longer period of time, and supporting worse games, because half the budget is put into advertising. MS could spend the same money they do on Xbox on DirectX exclusives on PC to hold off OpenGL and Steam OS.  

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/halo-5-guardians-officially-announced-for-fall-2015/

I'm pretty stoked personally love the Halo franchise and can't wait to play the next installment in the series!

Know what I don't love? Companies that make the OS for PC's keeping PC games off a PC.

MS is so awesome for PC gaming. Buying up PC developers, paying them bribes to keep a game off PC, and people actually supporting the console that plays PC games badly and bends them over on prices, and makes them pay for online.

I will pass. I will also pass on upgrading to Win 8. Why? Because desperation with price drops, competition from Steam OS, their OS not selling, their brick not selling and their development costs and advertising getting out of control to push these budget PC's will make them bring the franchise back to the PC. Go figure. You can tell a company NO with your wallet and get a PC gaming developer to make PC games on PC again.

LOL at the people that are willing to spend 400-500 dollars on a second PC just so they can play one game that has never been great in anything but campaign anyways.  

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/halo-5-guardians-officially-announced-for-fall-2015/

I'm pretty stoked personally love the Halo franchise and can't wait to play the next installment in the series!

Been posted--merging threads.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Why should MS put their exclusives on PC? Then they aren't exclusives anymore. How exactly would they compete in the console space without exclusives?

They don't get a penny for PC sales, and a video game will never lead to a sale of Windows. Either the potential customer was an existng Windows user, or they use Apples or Linux and aren't going to switch.

People who buy consoles expect exclusives, and you're having a go at them for doing right by their customers, because you expect them to do what's good for you without paying them.

I hope this is as good as combat evolved. Last good halo IMO was no. 2.  Rest of them I played about 1-2hrs on a friends console then had no urge to ever play them again.  I hope it is:

1. good

2. I can play on PC lol

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

• 3 weeks later...

I would rather have them develop for only Xbox one so they can squeeze more juice through optimization out of the one instead of wasting development time optimizing it for a variety of builds on the PC platform.

Further, the majority of halo players are engrained into the Xbox ecosystem so they want to cater to the crowd that will definitely buy the game and give them the best product possible with the time and money they had for development. Making it for PC would be a waste if resources because the halo community on PC is much smaller than that if their console counterpart. I'd rather pay for a console for a great game than have a shitty, less than optimal PC port of said game.

the halo community on PC is much smaller than that if their console counterpart. I'd rather pay for a console for a great game than have a shitty, less than optimal PC port of said game.

Obviously it is because the PC doesn't get any attention from them. It is by design, it's not because it has to be that way.

I'm still surprised that more people do not see the irony of not supporting your own OS. It's something akin to google releasing a mobile game which doesn't work on android, or Valve releasing HL3 which doesn't work on steamOS. Because that's what Halo has become, a Microsoft game which doesn't work on Windows, LOL.

• 9 months later...

coming in 10/27/2015

today's walking dead trailer had the date

I bet the developers of Xbone exclusives (in the console space) this gen will with they could launch on PS4 (Titanfall)

Titanfall 2 is coming to PS4, and i hope it isn't watered down compared to the first one

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Can't wait for it. :)

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.