Halo 5: Guardians - Confirmed for Fall 2015 on Xbox One

Torand

Sauce, tomato this time: http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/16/5723014/halo-5-guardians-xbox-one-fall-2015-release-date

‘Halo 5: Guardians’ is coming to Xbox One in fall 2015

halo5.0_standard_640.0.jpg

Microsoft and 343 Industries are finally making Halo 5 official today. After many rumors and teasers, Halo 5: Guardians will be the next instalment of the hugely popular video game, due for release on Xbox One in the fall of 2015. "It is a massive and exciting project," says Bonnie Ross, general manager and studio head of 343 Industries, the video game development team behind the most recent Halo titles. There’s no details on weapons, characters, or even the plot, but Master Chief will obviously return to action in the highly anticipated title.

Halo fans might not have to wait too long for a taste of the new game, or even something a little familiar. Rumors have suggested that Microsoft may launch a Halo 2 Anniversary Edition later this year, and Ross fuelled that speculation at last year’s E3 by noting "in 2014, Halo combat will truly evolve and your journey with Halo on Xbox One begins." Today she provides even more hints, noting that the "journey" definitely begins in 2014, and "we’re confident that "Halo" fans will be pretty excited about the special plans we have in store." Microsoft is planning to reveal more information about its Halo plans at its Xbox E3 2014 press event on June 9th.

Pro's

- Halo series is my favourite game series. Ever. Of all time.

- Super exicted to see what they can do.

Con's

- Xbox One.

Still excited, but don't know if I can bring myself to buy an Xbox One, I'd rather buy another 780 and keep £100.

EDIT: Glad it's not just me who is torn up about buying an Xbox One to play Halo 5. :P

Announcing the new Halo a day after Far Cry 4 is like announcing you won £5 on a scratch card the day after a £6.5 million lottery win.

:P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Oooooo. Bring it to Windows Microsoft. You must!

Too bad it's not on PC.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

I still need to play Halo 4

It completely passed me by ><

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Announcing the new Halo a day after Far Cry 4 is like announcing you won £5 on a scratch card the day after a £6.5 million lottery win.

Haha, seriously excited for both to be honest. FarCry 3 was amazing! :D

Fingers crossed that someone figures out how to make a proper X1 emulator by then. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

2015.... *sigh*

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Fingers crossed that someone figures out how to make a proper X1 emulator by then. 

ahhh no.....

Looking for a job

I've never enjoyed playing Far Cry, so I'd take Halo anyday.

ahhh no.....

Lol one can only dream. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I was a big fan of 343s Halo 4 – plenty of room for improvement but a great first stab at the franchise – so am excited to play this.

In terms of this now-boring Xbox One bashing – has the time not passed where we can drop this yet?

Xbox One has been the better console to date when it comes to games, and that does not look like it is going to change with Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5 and (eventually, one day, maybe) Quantum Break on the way.

If you are saying you’d “never buy” an Xbox One because the internet said it was cool to hate on it, when it is clearly a great console, you’re cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Since Don Mattrick left the company there has been nothing but positive developments to the console and at this point it is an excellent option if you want a console. By the time this comes out there will be the option of a Kinect bundled or Kinect-less SKU so it will be relatively inexpensive, so if you want the game just get one. Personally I would recommend the option with Kinect - the update allowing it to work with your smart phone as a universal remote will be out by then and it will be a good value proposition.

They deserved some criticism for the poorly implemented stab at a digital model for console gaming, but I don’t believe they have actually done anything morally or significantly wrong. The reaction has been bordering on absurd.

yaaayyyyyy..... consoles. fun.

NOT

Corsair 230T Black with red LEDs • AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core • Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+  Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (2 x 4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (2 x4GB)  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB • Corsair RM 650W • Windows 10 • Logitech G403 + G810 • Audio Technica ATH-TAD300 • 1TB Seagate HDD x 2 256GB SanDisk SSD

And yes we promise this game will finally be in 1080

I see it, you can't hide it from me...

Console exclusive, therefore no interest.

I wish they would bring Halo back to pc, ive pretty much burned out my halo 1 and halo 2 for pc.... but this game might just have me at having to buy an xbone...... crud.

Rig #1: Quad Core I7 870 Lynnfield clocked at 4.0GHz (2.9GHz stock) with Asetek pre-filled water colling, Gigabyte GA_P55A-UD3 motherboard, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM,  MSI Radeon HD 7870 Hawk Edition, 700 Watt power supply, 650GB and 500GB WD Hard drives (will be upgraded soon), Cooler Master HAF 932 case. Rat 7 mouse, Razer Battelfield 4 keyboard. Rig #2 ASUS ROG G750JW Quad Core I7 4700HQ Haswell  Nvidia 765M, 8GB ram, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD

Ahhh....... Microsoft. You know a company has issues when...

they cannot support their own freaking game (Halo) on their own freaking OS (Windows).

I want 1080p, like THIS.

grandma-sterrace

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

I don't care. Halo lost my interest after 4.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Ahhh....... Microsoft. You know a company has issues when...

they cannot support their own freaking game (Halo) on their own freaking OS (Windows).

Why would they offer a primary exclusive flagship to other platforms when it can sell Xbox One consoles?

Halo has had a very hardcore Xbox following for years, the PC versions of 1 and 2 were flops.