Best Graphics Card For Me?

malicalik13
Go to solution Solved by helping,

You are right. Hitman,Tomb Raider and BF4 love AMD cards but Titanfall,Crysis 3,Far Cry 3 and Watch Dogs likes Nvidia cards.And I'm nearly sure to buy a GTX 770 TF4 card because I made a quick google seach and now I know 2 GB is enough.

If you have no plans to SLI in the future, 2GB is fine. 

I would probably lean towards a 280x for 3GB VRAM, but it's obviously your choice. 

Hello everyone!

I'm going to buy a new graphics card but I am not sure which one I should buy.My options are:

Asus R9 280X DCU2 (not Top edition)

Asus GTX 770

MSI R9 280X (VRM overheating issues?)

MSI GTX 770

Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-x Tri-x

Please I need your help  :)

Also do you think games like BF4 need more than 2 GB Vram? 

Both 770's are good.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Both 770's are good.

I know all of the cards are awesome  :)  But I don't know which one is the best.

I would choose the ASUS 280X

What about Sapphire one?

ASUS GTX 770 4GB

end of discussion

I wish it is cheaper.  :(

ASUS GTX 770 4GB

end of discussion

Are you crazy, a 770 can't even use 4gb of memory. And why does he/she need 4gb anyway?

I would choose Asus or the sapphire 280x, just because you mentioned BF4 which uses mantle :D

Intel Core i5 4670K | Sapphire R9 290 | Define R4 | Gigabyte Z87X-D3H | 8Gb Ballistix | Corsair RM650 | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | Seagate Barracuda 1TB |

Would love to be the owner of the: nAMDvidia Titation 3000 ultra-xt Platinum Edition :D

I wish it is cheaper.  :(

Get the 2 GB one then, still very good

ASUS GTX 770 4GB

end of discussion

The 4GB is a waste, it can't even utilize all 4GB of VRAM

Fix: The 770 can use all 4 GB of ram, but it may not have the raw power to use all of that ram on some games. But with some programs it can use all 4GB

MSI GTX 770 2GB 

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-x Tri-x would be my choise

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

The MSI card, MSI is awesome <3

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Are you crazy, a 770 can't even use 4gb of memory. And why does he/she need 4gb anyway?

I would choose Asus or the sapphire 280x, just because you mentioned BF4 which uses mantle :D

The 4GB is a waste, it can't even utilize all 4GB of VRAM

0chN663.gif

so tired of reading this I don't even care to elaborate or debunk this nonsense anymore

op just get the cheapest option, they're all fine. 

Error: 410

I heard the Sapphire Vapor-X Tri-X 280X is really good.

BTW: If you want a backplate with the graphics card and haven't noticed, MSI's "higher" VRAM cards comes with them only, not the "lower" vram ones :(   (only R9 290/290X has them)

Ex:

760 4GB

770 4GB

270X 4GB

280X 4GB

COMPUTER - Enermax Ostrog Gt | Asus M5A99FX R2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X 4GB | 2x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz | Crucial M500 240GB | WD Blue 1TB

NAS - NZXT H440 | Asus H97 Plus | Intel Pentium G3258 | Stock Intel Fan | 2x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz | MyDigitalSSD M.2 64GB | 4x 2TB WD Red

LAPTOP - Microsoft Surface Pro 3 | Intel i5 | 128GB SSD + 64GB MicroSD | 4GB Ram :)

I heard the Sapphire Vapor-X Tri-X 280X is really good.

BTW: If you want a backplate with the graphics card and haven't noticed, MSI's "higher" VRAM cards comes with them only, not the "lower" vram ones :(   (only R9 290/290X has them)

Ex:

760 4GB

770 4GB

270X 4GB

280X 4GB

Wow,I wasn't noticed that difference thank you.

Wow,I wasn't noticed that difference thank you.

I noticed after I wanted a graphics card with a backplate and I noticed that only those ones do... it's a bummer because their 780 doesn't even have a backplate :(

COMPUTER - Enermax Ostrog Gt | Asus M5A99FX R2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X 4GB | 2x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz | Crucial M500 240GB | WD Blue 1TB

NAS - NZXT H440 | Asus H97 Plus | Intel Pentium G3258 | Stock Intel Fan | 2x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz | MyDigitalSSD M.2 64GB | 4x 2TB WD Red

LAPTOP - Microsoft Surface Pro 3 | Intel i5 | 128GB SSD + 64GB MicroSD | 4GB Ram :)

MSI GTX 770 4GB, i know it doesn't have the bandwidth to drive it but they fitted it for a reason, so it should benefit from it somehow, maybe when the clock speeds are not doing enough, and for the TF4, and it looks stunning

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

I know that Asus and MSI 280X cards have problems and I'm not sure 2 GB of ram is enough.So I'm thinking about buying Vapor-x Tri-x card.

They are so similar in performance that you probably wouldn't notice the difference between them. Get whichever one has the kind of features you like, like TrueAudio, Mantle, etc. for AMD, or ShadowPlay, Shield Streaming, and PhysX for nVIDIA. After that, pick whichever is cheapest. Most aftermarket brands have similar performance in terms of cooling, and the differences in clock speeds are negligible except in a few cases like MSI's Lightning Edition, which are geared toward people who do extreme overclocking. Also, price to performance is a consideration. I am usually more concerned with that over the features that are included with the card I'm buying. The 280x cards are offering multiple free games with them as well, so that is another factor to consider. Look through the offered games and see if any appeal to you. Or, if you only care about Watch_Dogs, go nVIDIA.

Of course, certain games do favor certain brands, so look up some reviews for the two cards and see which has the highest performance for the games that you're gonna play, or which games are the most important to you.

Just don't listen to people who recommend nVIDIA over AMD or vice versa. There is not a singular card that will satisfy a certain person in every given situation. You have to choose what you need for the card to be right for you.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Hello everyone!

I'm going to buy a new graphics card but I am not sure which one I should buy.My options are:

Asus R9 280X DCU2 (not Top edition)

Asus GTX 770

MSI R9 280X (VRM overheating issues?)

MSI GTX 770

Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-x Tri-x

Please I need your help  :)

Also do you think games like BF4 need more than 2 GB Vram? 

I'd say go for the MSi or Sapphire Vapor-X Tri-X 280x not the Asus 280x, since it has artifracts, if you are mainly going to play BF4. And the newest games always need more vram. I'm going to get in my next build a Sapphire Tri-X 280x and going to OC it to get the performance of a Toxic.

OP, out of the card you've mentionned the Sapphire Vapor-X Tri-X 280X is the best card.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

They are so similar in performance that you probably wouldn't notice the difference between them. Get whichever one has the kind of features you like, like TrueAudio, Mantle, etc. for AMD, or ShadowPlay, Shield Streaming, and PhysX for nVIDIA. After that, pick whichever is cheapest. Most aftermarket brands have similar performance in terms of cooling, and the differences in clock speeds are negligible except in a few cases like MSI's Lightning Edition, which are geared toward people who do extreme overclocking. Also, price to performance is a consideration. I am usually more concerned with that over the features that are included with the card I'm buying. The 280x cards are offering multiple free games with them as well, so that is another factor to consider. Look through the offered games and see if any appeal to you. Or, if you only care about Watch_Dogs, go nVIDIA.

Of course, certain games do favor certain brands, so look up some reviews for the two cards and see which has the highest performance for the games that you're gonna play, or which games are the most important to you.

Just don't listen to people who recommend nVIDIA over AMD or vice versa. There is not a singular card that will satisfy a certain person in every given situation. You have to choose what you need for the card to be right for you.

You are right. Hitman,Tomb Raider and BF4 love AMD cards but Titanfall,Crysis 3,Far Cry 3 and Watch Dogs likes Nvidia cards.And I'm nearly sure to buy a GTX 770 TF4 card because I made a quick google seach and now I know 2 GB is enough.

I'd say go for the MSi or Sapphire Vapor-X Tri-X 280x not the Asus 280x, since it has artifracts, if you are mainly going to play BF4. And the newest games always need more vram. I'm going to get in my next build a Sapphire Tri-X 280x and going to OC it to get the performance of a Toxic.

Now 2 cards remaining: R9 280X Vapor-X Tri-X and MSI GTX 770  :rolleyes:

If you have no plans to SLI in the future, 2GB is fine. 

I would probably lean towards a 280x for 3GB VRAM, but it's obviously your choice. 

Error: 410

remember OP, 2gb is enough in current games , yes, but as the game evolves they constantly use better and better quality texture and higher resolution textures IN GAME thus requiring more and more VRAM, 2gb is really tight, some games will use more than that already at 1080p, for that reason i would consider an r9 280x or GTX 770 4GB...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR