CM Storm Rapid-I Gaming Keyboard

There's a typo in the intro. "Nand chosen for performance" 

How so? He's saying the NAND flash memory is chosen for performance.

OHhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... I was convinced it was hand.. My apologies lol 

Ducky is childish and cheap, the backlighting modes are gimmicky and CM's build quality is much better than Ducky's.

Ducky is cheap? and where is your proof of that?

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Ducky is childish and cheap, the backlighting modes are gimmicky and CM's build quality is much better than Ducky's.

That's wrong, like terribly wrong. I don't really see how you could objectively defend that :

1. The quality is better on CM. It's about equivalent, and if there needed to be a winner, it would be Ducky.

2. The Ducky is more childish, like really ?(!!!!!!) look at the font on the CM keycaps. Some people like the G4M3R look, but it does not look more adult.

3. Ducky can be qualified by a lot of adjectives, but cheap isn't one of them.

And before you imply that I only use a Ducky and am not being objective, I'm currently using a Leopold FC750R with reds as my daily driver which I consider superior to both.

post-80798-0-83205500-1399908487_thumb.j

Linus, I may consider a separate gaming keypad, like the Razer Orbweaver, and although you have expressed a distaste towards razer products in the past, I think you and many others may benefit from it.

Nice review, i am still hesitant to such an expensive keyboard, even though reasonably priced for what it is. I am very comfortable with a chiclet keyboard for my desktop.

Also, i'm guessing no one checked but i'd like to point out that the NCIX link in the original post is broken

I was pretty upset with this review.  I am leaning toward getting this keyboard but there is also Ducky and it's hard to choose cooler master over Ducky.  This review seemed like more a service to cooler master than a service to us.  You didn't show us the flex of the keyboard, which I think I've seen you do with every other keyboard.  You also didn't go into any detail about the build quality, especially since it's priced to compete with a Ducky.  It just seemed like a favor to cooler master to review it.  

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I was pretty upset with this review.  I am leaning toward getting this keyboard but there is also Ducky and it's hard to choose cooler master over Ducky.  This review seemed like more a service to cooler master than a service to us.  You didn't show us the flex of the keyboard, which I think I've seen you do with every other keyboard.  You also didn't go into any detail about the build quality, especially since it's priced to compete with a Ducky.  It just seemed like a favor to cooler master to review it.  

this thing is still new, so I guess price would be unstable. And Linus said so himself in many videos, he rarely compare the products with prices. He does it in some videos but again very rarely. Speaking of quality, it is Cooler master, they made quality products, and this keyboard seems to be just leds version of normal Rapid, or maybe there is nothing bad to say about this keyboard, so, Linus didn't even bother to talk about it. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

this thing is still new, so I guess price would be unstable. And Linus said so himself in many videos, he rarely compare the products with prices. He does it in some videos but again very rarely. Speaking of quality, it is Cooler master, they made quality products, and this keyboard seems to be just leds version of normal Rapid, or maybe there is nothing bad to say about this keyboard, so, Linus didn't even bother to talk about it. 

There are still plenty of keyboards with better reviews with nothing negative to say.  Watch the Ducky 3 review.  It's just my opinion.  Not saying you're wrong or right but I didn't like the review.

I never expected price to be mentioned, but taking it's direct competitors into consideration would have been nice.  

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Does it come in different switches because i like blues the best.

Anyone has an idea where I can get this from Europe/Germany?

When: June. Where: Don't know exactly just yet

So where is the fucking CM Storm Trigger Z!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Currently in the ether, last I heard. At least for NA market, not sure if it went out elsewhere in the world.

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

Over twice the price of the original Rapid? What do I get? A more subtle logo and more lighting features? Cmon Cooler Master, for a TKL, this is way overpriced...

I should be studying.

Wider availability, our customer support services, and your undying love for Cooler Master? :D

I don't know about everybody else, but my love for CM isn't strong enough to pay over twice as much as the original Rapid for upgraded lighting features.

I should be studying.

Wider availability, our customer support services, and your undying love for Cooler Master? :D

This is precisely the only difference that favours the CM products, they are easy to access, and the customer service is good. The shine 3 TKL and the Rapid-i are equivalent product, but I would consider the Ducky more targeted towards keyboards enthusiasts. The CM fits perfectly the gamer that doesn't want to have to learn about different ways to customize or to modify the product, and just want something he finds looks cool and performs well. In my mind despite a similar price tag, the Shine 3 TKL and the Rapid-i aren't targeted at the same customers.

I don't know about everybody else, but my love for CM isn't strong enough to pay over twice as much as the original Rapid for upgraded lighting features.

It's the same price range as similar keyboards (most noted is the Ducky Shine 3 TKL), and it's not just a "Rapid with lights". It comes with a softer rubberized finish, some legitimately spiffy lighting profiles, and an even better general build quality than the Rapids. It's all around a step up in quality and features.

Another newer YouTube personality, Joanne Tech Lover, has put together a much longer review that goes over some of these bits more at this link

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

It's the same price range as similar keyboards (most noted is the Ducky Shine 3 TKL), and it's not just a "Rapid with lights". It comes with a softer rubberized finish, some legitimately spiffy lighting profiles, and an even better general build quality than the Rapids. It's all around a step up in quality and features.

Another newer YouTube personality, Joanne Tech Lover, has put together a much longer review that goes over some of these bits more at this link

I would put the Ducky a step above the Rapid I, especially in the lighting aspect, however, you do have some good points. I will just stick with my original Rapid for now :)

I should be studying.

I would put the Ducky a step above the Rapid I, especially in the lighting aspect, however, you do have some good points. I will just stick with my original Rapid for now :)

Don't get me wrong, I like Ducky. My personal keyboard at home is a Ducky Shine 3 full size with Cherry MX Black switches and purple LEDs, because that's what I wanted. We don't offer that, so I don't have it. Hooray Ducky personalization options.

On the other hand, though, I was pretty restricted where I could have bought my Ducky from. I certainly didn't get to use my Amazon Prime account. Also, if something were to go wrong with it, I haven't heard anything about Ducky's customer support services (one way or another) to really have any confidence in them, if I needed it. CM, though, has a full customer support service (albeit region pending), including RMA and parts servicing in many major regions.

It's different positioning and different focus for somewhat similar products :)

Don't get me wrong, I like Ducky. My personal keyboard at home is a Ducky Shine 3 full size with Cherry MX Black switches and purple LEDs, because that's what I wanted. We don't offer that, so I don't have it. Hooray Ducky personalization options.

On the other hand, though, I was pretty restricted where I could have bought my Ducky from. I certainly didn't get to use my Amazon Prime account. Also, if something were to go wrong with it, I haven't heard anything about Ducky's customer support services (one way or another) to really have any confidence in them, if I needed it. CM, though, has a full customer support service (albeit region pending), including RMA and parts servicing in many major regions.

what is the real official price for Rapid-i ? Could not get a reference from Amazon coz the prices may change any time. 

what is the real official price for Rapid-i ? Could not get a reference from Amazon coz the prices may change any time. 

MSRP is $149.99

Our CM Store lists things at MSRP (though there's some weird region-lock login wall to see pricing we have to deal with, which I hate, but rules are rules)

true.

I should be studying.

MSRP is $149.99

Our CM Store lists things at MSRP (though there's some weird region-lock login wall to see pricing we have to deal with, which I hate, but rules are rules)

When will the Rapid-I be available in ISO regions (specifically in the UK)?