My Logitech G27 Review

I've posted this review on a local PC forum here in New Zealand, so its a simple copy/past.

Thanks

Logitech G27 review

So as you may or may not know, I’ve been after a racing wheel for Assetto Corsa primarily.

Many fruitless weeks were spent looking on trademe for one at a reasonable price, but finally I took the plunge and brought one brand new from mighty ape for $319 NZD inc postage.

Set up of the wheel/pedals/shifter is pretty straight forward. Everything connects to the underside of the wheel unit, and routes through some grooves in the base of the wheel.

One thing I like about the pedal unit is the grip spikes that stop it from moving about on the carpet. The pedals themselves have really good resistance/feel to them which feels intuitive when in use.

The wheel itself is absolutely fantastic, wrapped in leather; it feels great in the hands. There is a nice sense of weight when racing across different cars. The paddle shifters are just as nice to use and a real cool part of a racing wheel, quite a satisfying way to change gear. Makes you feel like a racing driver: D.

The shifter I’ve only used once in a race, but again it feels solid to use. Using it in the BMW M3 was a good experience. One thing to note about this shifter is that to use reverse, you have to depress the shifter down before moving down and right to select reverse. In sequential shifting (i.e. paddle shift), this is not the case.

Another interesting thing I found with this setup was when it came to braking.  In real life, I right foot brake, as I drive a manual car. When I was driving the Pagani Zonda R, I found myself left foot braking some of the time, other laps I would be right foot braking as I normally would. But this is a muscle memory issue I will have to learn as I race more and more.

Onto software, this is fairly straightforward but requires a little tinkering. After connecting it all, too my PC and powering on. I installed the Logitech gaming software. In here I created a profile for the game(Assetto Corsa), and adjusted settings according to what is recommended on the Assetto Corsa forums, which I might add, have a really helpful and friendly bunch of members willing to help you out with any issues you may have.

Additionally, the have sections dedicated to the specific wheel combo you have which has been really useful for me to dial in the wheel.

After setting up the Logitech software, there were some settings that I needed to change in-game to make the wheel usable, as in stock configuration the wheel is not nice to use, but this is to be expected.

Steering input is direct, with no noticeable lag/delay as far as I can tell; same with shifting with the pedals/gear shifter. Using the paddles on the wheel is great as well.

I have several photos of how I have mine set up at my desk, which reminds me, with the clamps on the wheel, there are some spacers attached if you are clamping it to a thinner desk/table. These can be removed as I did, if you have a desk which is slightly thicker, but this will be a non-issue for most as you have quite a bit of space to fit the clamps and then tighten them as necessary.

Overall, I am massively impressed with this wheel/pedals/shifter and for the price that I paid; there is no competition for where your money should be spent.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask

post-35775-0-10656200-1399814096_thumb.jpost-35775-0-26918400-1399814120_thumb.jpost-35775-0-08007600-1399814145_thumb.jpost-35775-0-67425400-1399814160_thumb.j

Looking for a job

Looks great. Anyway random question here is the G700s good? Or should I go with the G502?

Cheese

I want this so badly

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Looks great. Anyway random question here is the G700s good? Or should I go with the G502?

The mouse you see  there is the G500s, which i find is fantastic

Looking for a job

Nice review i always wanted to get a g27 but i never decided to do it, i guess i might buy it in summer

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Nice review i always wanted to get a g27 but i never decided to do it, i guess i might buy it in summer

Looking for a job

The mouse you see  there is the G500s, which i find is fantastic

It looks like a G700s... But anyway thanks.

Cheese

Huh? These days they're at $319+ brand new? I got mine brand new from DSE for $300 last year... Anyway good review. What PC forum was this on? PCWorld, Computer Lounge?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Huh? These days they're at $319+ brand new? I got mine brand new from DSE for $300 last year... Anyway good review. What PC forum was this on? PCWorld, Computer Lounge?

It was actually $310, mighty ape had it for $329.99

the forum i posted on was http://pcforums.co.nz/index.php

in the review section,

I was apart of PCWorld, but there were changes with how it was gonna be run etc, so a few of us 'broke away' and created the new forums

Still have my account there but havent posted in a long time there

Looking for a job

Logitech G27 review

Thanks for taking the time to review this, its something I always wanted. Now, for the price (~200 USD), is it worth it? And what games are compatible that are fun to play (I would assume RR, various simulators). I wouldn't want to get this then never use it again.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Thanks for taking the time to review this, its something I always wanted. Now, for the price (~200 USD), is it worth it? And what games are compatible that are fun to play (I would assume RR, various simulators). I wouldn't want to get this then never use it again.

No worries

the price i paid  converts to $267 USD

Personally, I use it for Assetto Corsa, Grid, and Euro Truck Simulator 2, and it works brilliantly

Other sims such as iracing, Project Cars, rFactor 1 or 2 all support it.

There are many more games that it supports, but cant think of them

Need for Speed shift 1/2, test drive etc i assume will work

Looking for a job

No worries

the price i paid  converts to $267 USD

Personally, I use it for Assetto Corsa, Grid, and Euro Truck Simulator 2, and it works brilliantly

Other sims such as iracing, Project Cars, rFactor 1 or 2 all support it.

There are many more games that it supports, but cant think of them

Need for Speed shift 1/2, test drive etc i assume will work

It would just be so nice to have, and I can even learn how to standard :P

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

• 9 months later...

nice setup, was woundering how deep and wide the wheel base is on the desk, im looking into getting one just wanna make sure it will fit my desk. thanks

This is a bad review shifter is on the wrong side 

J57xdqc.png?1

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

• 2 weeks later...

J57xdqc.png?1

He is from an Island country. Perhaps you should study England, Japan and other island nations. They drive from the right seat instead of from the left seat. That is why you see the manual transmission on the left side. 

Ryzen 5600 Be Quiet! PureBase500DX  CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm RGB  Asus ROG Strix B450-F  1660 Super  Crucial DDR4 32GB 2x16 3800mhz  SK Hynix Gold P31 1TB NVMe  Seagate Barracuda 3TB  Mechanical Keyboard Red switches Logitech G502 mouse  EVGA Supernova 750w GA gold   32" Acer curved 1440p 144hz  MSI 32" Curved 1440p165hz  Aopen 32" 1440p 144hz

He is from an Island country. Perhaps you should study England, Japan and other island nations. They drive from the right seat instead of from the left seat. That is why you see the manual transmission on the left side. 

Judging by the troll face I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic lol

J57xdqc.png?1

I TAKE no OFFENSE

Looking for a job

...note the troll face I added at the end.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I have G502, And I LOVE that mouse, great buy

i had a g27 and loved every moment i had with it. its a shame it was such a pain in the arse to set up each time. and eventually i couldn't be arsed to do so anymore and then i never ended up using it. so i sold it.

i did build myself a racing frame using a bucket seat from a clio sport lol, but i couldn't justify building a new pc for my man cave as there wasn't space in my house for the rig lol.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb