DayZ Optimization (and upcoming games)

m0usey929

Planning on upgrading my graphics card and possibly RAM. I only have 4 GB of RAM at the moment. 

Here are two options I put together:

EVGA GTX 770 2/4GB + Corsair Vengeance 8 GB 1600mhz

2GB Version:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CZIQXBA

4GB Version:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E5AEIKE

or

EVGA GTX 780 3GB ACX

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CUIVSNS

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Don't buy a pc for DayZ, it will never be optimized.  :lol:

I would go for 780 and squeeze some for 4 more gb of ram. If you can.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

4GB of system memory is never enough for games these days

i wonder how u even managed

bf3 ate all my ram back in 2011

i guess i would go with the 4GB version of the 770GTX and 8GB of ram

but if you can go with the 780 and try to buy more ram

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Don't buy a pc for DayZ, it will never be optimized.  :lol:

I would go for 780 and squeeze some for 4 more gb of ram. If you can.

I should've created a better title. I'm not building a PC around DayZ, but one that can run it well even though it's going through development. Also I can't get more 4 GB of this RAM because it isn't sold by anyone anymore; it's too old for that hahaha

I should've created a better title. I'm not building a PC around DayZ, but one that can run it well even though it's going through development. Also I can't get more 4 GB of this RAM because it isn't sold by anyone anymore; it's too old for that hahaha

You don't need exaclty the same RAM. Just look at it's specs and buy something close to that.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

So do you think I should go with the 780 and save some money and get RAM? (technically what I have listed is out of budget, but I can manage)

You don't need exaclty the same RAM. Just look at it's specs and buy something close to that.

Mixing different sets of RAM isn't really ideal...

To me, everytime they update DayZ, instead of fixing more bugs they are actually introducing more bugs... soo... i don't think DayZ will be optimized in a very long time..

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Mixing different sets of RAM isn't really ideal...

It doesn't do anything all it can do is not work initially and if it doesn't you can always buy some more of the same type.

Spoiler

The 770 4GB, from what I know, will never be able to reach above 2GB of Vram usage as the GPU it's self really isn't powerful enough for it. Go for a 780, hack the bios, and OC the thing really well and you're set.

To me, everytime they update DayZ, instead of fixing more bugs they are actually introducing more bugs... soo... i don't think DayZ will be optimized in a very long time..

Hey reddit, nice to meet you.

But, stable branch doesn't have very many game breaking bugs really, and it's still a early access alpha, so think of it as a alpha of a alpha.

Go with the 780, then download more RAM here!

http://www.downloadmoreram.com

xD Just kidding, but i have a 770 2GB and it runs all my games flawlessly on highest settings :)

NZXT H440+ 2015 Edition (Black/White) || i7 6700k @ 4Ghz || NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid Cooler || EVGA GTX 980ti SC || 16GB Kingston HyperX 2666MHz DDR4 || MSI Krait Gaming Z170A Motherboard || EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Modular || Corsair M65 RGB Mouse || Kingston HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset (White) || Steelseries Apex Raw Keyboard ||  Acer XB240H 1080p 144hz 24'' GSYNC Display || Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Hey reddit, nice to meet you.

But, stable branch doesn't have very many game breaking bugs really, and it's still a early access alpha, so think of it as a alpha of a alpha.

Tbh, i have never been on reddit..

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Tbh, i have never been on reddit..

The thing you said is the base thing that is on /r/dayZ, it's kinda funny to keep seeing.

People have like 300 hours and they're like "HOW DARE I NOT GET MY $30 GAME IN THIS 300 HOURS"

If you want a PC optimized for the Arma engine, buy a 2011 4 titan rig lol.  780 though.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

you must have a problem BF3 takes barely 1Gb in average

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I don't think anything would run DayZ smooth when you're in First Person in Cherno and it's raining.

you must have a problem BF3 takes barely 1Gb in average

i formatted my pc twice  (windows 7 64 bit)  and immediatetly  installed bf3

goes up to 4gb then starts using my hard drive as ram and the whole thing slows down to a crawl

i play at 1600p at high

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i formatted my pc twice  (windows 7 64 bit)  and immediatetly  installed bf3

goes up to 4gb then starts using my hard drive as ram and the whole thing slows down to a crawl

i play at 1600p at high

I dont believe you, show me screen shot. im tlaking about bf4, not your entire system.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I dont believe you, show me screen shot. im tlaking about bf4, not your entire system.

I'm talking about my system I Dont have 4GB of ram reserved for games lol....

DayZ is very very cpu intensive. This sounds fanboyish, but if you don't have at least an i5 sandy+ it won't run much better, even if you get a 780ti.

When I used to have my fx build, I could barely push 28fps in open fields, but now that I have my 4670K, it runs a hell of a lot smoother, closer to 50fps, even with the same 670 I was using

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

4gbs of ram is the bare minimum for system Ram when gaming, as long as you don't have anything else running in the background you will be fine.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

DayZ is very very cpu intensive. This sounds fanboyish, but if you don't have at least an i5 sandy+ it won't run much better, even if you get a 780ti.

When I used to have my fx build, I could barely push 28fps in open fields, but now that I have my 4670K, it runs a hell of a lot smoother, closer to 50fps, even with the same 670 I was using

I've had no problems with my Fx chip getting about 50fps in fields and forests, and 25-35 in cities. Granted that is heavily overclocked, and I'm using custom launch options that optimize it a bit more for multicore.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I'm talking about my system I Dont have 4GB of ram reserved for games lol....

thats better. no pitty for you.