Did you start gaming on PCs or Consoles? What was the first console you played?

geforceftw

I think I started on consoles but I always (and still do) play both. My first time playing consoles was the SNES or n64.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I started on a DOS PC playing games from that on on floppy disks then moved to PS1, PS2, PS3, and then back to PC.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I started playing games on a old MSDOS machine with my dad. I have pretty much always played on the PC. 

The first console I played on was the NES, and the first console I owned was a PS2.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Sega megadrive, also known as the sega genesis.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I guess the first video games i played were on a PC but then again I would say if first properly got into gaming after I got my PS2. I then had a PS3 and finally, just over a year ago, I built my first gaming PC. And i haven't looked back

EDIT: the PC was running Windows 98

First games I played were on an oollldd laptop of my dad's. We played Tomb Raider II and Mechwarrior II. I spent the next several years mostly gaming on an Xbox/Xbox 360 after that until I bought my current computer last September.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

I started playing on xbox360 (wasn't allowed to play as a kid) then moved to ps3, and now I play pc and ps3.

"I have the perfect cure for a sore throat, cut it" - alfred hitchcock

My first "console" was a Nintendo DS Lite. I had a few games but MarioKart was my favourite.

Then I discovered Flight Simulator X years ago and got a computer specifically built for that. I don't play it anymore though, Steam has taken over my life.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Gameboy Color + Pokemon :)

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

PS1 was my first :P 

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

The first games I played were on PC, including the Humongous Entertainment games (freddi fish, Putt Putt, etc), Microsoft's Best of Entertainment, and a bunch of games here and there that I don't really remember. Oh yeah, also Frogger: Hop to it, and Bugs Bunny lost in time.

After that I gamed on consoles for a long time till I got back into PC gaming around 2006.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

i 99% doubt ANYONE started gaming on PC

unless they were gaming during the DOS days (aka old people)

started with sega then n64 then ps2 xbox gamecube

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

PC...

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

"unless they were gaming during the DOS days"  :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I started on pentium 1 played this caveman game and on pentium 2 I played wolf3d it was fucking awesome. 

around 1996 or 1997 I bought this sega "family computer as we call it here" played galaxians, mario, tanks etc. bought a couple of those 30 in 1 or 50 in 1 cassette tapes and it was a wonderful gaming experience as a kid but overall my fav on that time was wolf3 D.

also played this game called warwind (RTS game) it was a wonderful game also c&c red alert and tiberian sun and starcraft around 1999

I remember assembling my first pc which was a pentium 2 at that time and then my dad bought a pentium 3 which has better performance than what I spent on mine custom (it was a compaq pentium 3).

then I bought my pentium 4 HP pavillion with the nvidia fx5200. 128mb of ram and also has 80gb of seagate (this was a lot for me before). and yes I bought the external hdd maxtor 300gb which died after 2 years.

Live your life like a dream.

"unless they were gaming during the DOS days"  :P

First games I played was on PC and it was on Windows 9x, I doubt I'm part of the 1% there. :P

unless they were gaming during the DOS days (aka old people)

I started playing on pc before I played sega (I got it like on 1996-97). first game was this caveman with dinosaurs then wolf3D.

I don't have the caveman game anymore but I still have a floppy with wolf3D on it ^___^.

Live your life like a dream.

Famicon, builtin 400+ games.

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC

I first started on a PS2. It was quite popular at the time :D

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

I started on consoles back when they were the best bang-for-buck option.

I started on the original Play Station, followed shortly by the Original Xbox.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

C64 ~ in 1992 at 3 Years Old was my first encounter with a PC and Gaming! :)