[Completed] Serious Black, A Journey (All Black, Custom Water Cooling)

Earache

Nice, good job

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice - monochromatic builds are always really cool to see.

+1 on be quiet! fans and braided extensions.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

What a build, loved that last picture with the whole setup.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Nice - monochromatic builds are always really cool to see.

+1 on be quiet! fans and braided extensions.

Thanks, they're awesome fans!

Since these pics were taken, I got the extensions laced up, and I'll be installing the armor kit when it comes in the mail. I'll also be building a psu shroud. Stay tuned!

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]

• 4 weeks later...

Looks really good, love the bottom cover/shroud :D

Thanks mate! It was fun, and quite simple to build.

If anybody wants some advice about how to build a PSU shroud, please feel free to ask.

If anybody wants some advice about how to build a PSU shroud, please feel free to ask.

How did you do it, acrylic or metal?

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

I feel free to ask! Currently looking for a new case and stuff and wonder how you made the shroud.

Currently working on a Watercooled Corsair Obsidian 350D (clicky)

Intel i5 4670k, ASUS GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo, 16GB RAM, 3 TB Seagate HDD

How did you do it, acrylic or metal?

I feel free to ask! Currently looking for a new case and stuff and wonder how you made the shroud.

First I took measurements. Then went to my local home improvement store and purchased a piece of aluminum sheet metal. I marked where the cuts would need to be made and used a pair of tin snips to cut it to size.

I marked where the bend would be and used a vice grip to hold it in place while I made the bend. Make sure to cover the metal with something like cardboard so the vice grip doesn't leave a texture behind.

Finally I sanded, primed, and painted. For the stencil I cut it out with an exacto knife and stuck it in place with some mild adhesive spray.

All in all it was quite simple! With some patience and the right tools anybody can do it.

That PSU Shroud looks great! Love the black colour scheme.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

What a great setup loving those dual monitors

Thanks, they're decent monitors. I can't wait to get a single 4k monitor when they become affordable.  

That PSU Shroud looks great! Love the black colour scheme.

Thanks mate. Black is the new black.

Dynaudio speakers!

These monitors are amazing.I highly recommend them if they're in the budget.

To get rid of the LED, use some electrical tape over top of it. It'll mute it's color, or get rid of it.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I've been doing some more work on good ol' SB!

What's bonding time without a good beer!

mOWyjUG.jpg

Lacing the 6+8pin together for the new GPU.

tqOgyy4.jpg

l1GZXNf.jpg

All finished! (thanks @alpenwasser for the tut)

5OQgEzj.jpg

T3anZQJ.jpg

R9 290x

xYVXBDM.jpg

80+ Platinum

Ue552ZR.jpg

MTSjb4W.jpg

3TB Raid1 array

pjJBQTA.jpg

Holy cables. There's a couple SSD's there somewhere..

RatXgid.jpg

2q3GLYQ.jpg

Final pic without window

60DZLzp.jpg

I've got the 512GB SSD's in Raid0. Unfortunately my other 3TB HDD was DOA so I'm waiting on RMA now. More pictures to follow.

sweet build man.

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

I've been doing some more work on good ol' SB!

What's bonding time without a good beer!

mOWyjUG.jpg

Lacing the 6+8pin together for the new GPU.

tqOgyy4.jpg

l1GZXNf.jpg

All finished! (thanks @alpenwasser for the tut)

5OQgEzj.jpg

T3anZQJ.jpg

R9 290x

xYVXBDM.jpg

80+ Platinum

Ue552ZR.jpg

MTSjb4W.jpg

3TB Raid1 array

pjJBQTA.jpg

Holy cables. There's a couple SSD's there somewhere..

RatXgid.jpg

2q3GLYQ.jpg

Final pic without window

60DZLzp.jpg

I've got the 512GB SSD's in Raid0. Unfortunately my other 3TB HDD was DOA so I'm waiting on RMA now. I'm not happy with how the 6+8pin came out so I'm probably going to re-do that. More pictures to follow.

Ah yiss, tidy cables! :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I got the DBM50, the sound level is amazing!

I've got the BM series mkII, they have a huge range and sound crystal clear. I love em!

Wow that's clean. BTW I love the sleeving extensions and the PSU shroud. :)

Thanks mate!

It needs more black.

Never enough black.

sweet build man.

Ah yiss, tidy cables! :D

I feel like it cleans the build up so well.