Project Contrast | NZXT H440 Fully Water Cooled (Acrylic Tubing, Custom Paint)

The_Edster

That's awesome! Do you think you can upload the model for the h440 for me to use? :)

Would really like to try this kind of stuff but not really too good with it yet.

They have one. 

This build is only getting more awesome :D You're making me want to paint stuff now xD

Also, 69th post, fuck yeah

DROGON: Intel i5-4690K @ 3.5 GHz /// MSI Z97 Gaming 5 /// Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB @ 1600MHz /// EVGA GTX 780 Classified /// Phanteks Enthoo Pro /// Crucial MX100 512GB SSD /// Corsair AX760i /// Corsair H105 /// Corsair Vengeance K70 /// Corsair M45 /// Dell Ultrasharp U2414H /// Build log: completed

I like it a lot. I would paint the SSD's Orange but that's just me. I really hope the SSD cables will be orange :)

christ, how did you afford all this?... im 18 with a full time job and still can't afford to do w/c zzz

I've had this previous PC for a while and it was just slowly being upgraded until I decided to water cooling and start a build log. So I didn't pay for it all at once, but I do have a job and this water cooling loop cost about $700 in total. Where do you work? I get a little over minimum wage in Canada and that is plenty to afford this. You should be able to afford one working full time (That being said I don't have any expenses).

I like it a lot. I would paint the SSD's Orange but that's just me. I really hope the SSD cables will be orange :)

Sorry :P The sata and sata power cables wont be sleeved but you can hardly see those cables hiding there so I'm not fazed too much. 

This build is only getting more awesome :D You're making me want to paint stuff now xD

Also, 69th post, fuck yeah

It can be scary but it's a lot of fun! 

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

SUO3b5x.png

I received all of the final parts I need to complete the build and begin some acrylic tube bending!

rFtrtUu.png

I received 8 of these 24 inch lengths of tubing from Primochill which I'm hoping will be enough.'

AU0Awqo.png

Bitspower Mini-Valve which will be attached to the reservoir.

mf6CEqC.pngSleeved cables!

mu0HnIm.png Got my 2 gentle typhoons and installed them with the 240 rad in the roof.

uvc9dsa.pngMy first ever bend, just a standard 90 degree going from the gpu to the cpu.

M82I0qY.pngA slightly more complex one going from the cpu to the 240 rad in the roof.

YgXOOsf.png

The 90 degree bend for connecting the reservoir to the 360 rad.

0Z7Mqxd.pngClose up shot..

QdyKjNQ.pngThe res is attached to the radiator by industrial strength velcro, I was skeptical but it actually held! It also is getting more support from the tubing attached now though.

v8xa8EK.pngThe combo from above

TbRAH1m.pngThe two bends in the system.

WDsVYON.pngMy favourite picture of the build so far!

5IdhMmi.pngMy messy workstation..

QFvkLmD.pngIt wouldn't be an official build log if I didn't include a pet! :P

Thats pretty much it for now, I'm going to be installing front 360 combo and doing the rest of the tubing and wiring for next time, then it will be complete!

Ooh, lookin nice.

I like the bend from the CPU to the rad

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I like how even your cat fits with the colour scheme xD

As for painting, I'm not entirely sure what I want to paint yet (and tbh I should probably wait until I actually have a computer :3)

DROGON: Intel i5-4690K @ 3.5 GHz /// MSI Z97 Gaming 5 /// Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB @ 1600MHz /// EVGA GTX 780 Classified /// Phanteks Enthoo Pro /// Crucial MX100 512GB SSD /// Corsair AX760i /// Corsair H105 /// Corsair Vengeance K70 /// Corsair M45 /// Dell Ultrasharp U2414H /// Build log: completed

I like the tube bending that you did.

PS like the cat  :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Looking awesome man! Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought i'm not a big fan of the mother board or the color orange you did a great job with all the bends. Well done ;)

How's the clearance on the ax 240 to the mobo? Is push/pull possible?

Even if there was room, which there probably isn't, there's no room to use push/pull over just pull.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

How's the clearance on the ax 240 to the mobo? Is push/pull possible?

There was barely even clearance to mount it at all, I was originally going to have it in pull but the rad wouldn't fit so I was forced to use push.

SUO3b5x.png

Thats pretty much it for now, I'm going to be installing front 360 combo and doing the rest of the tubing and wiring for next time, then it will be complete!

I hate to be the one to point it out but that res looks slightly off perfect.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

The fact that this isn't called "project creamsicle" bothers me more than it should.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Ah well, it's going to be hidden anyway due to the hdd shroud.

That's true, it wouldn't be as bothersome that way, just looking at like that screwed with my brain tho.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

Where's thw final result?

he'll upload it when it's ready. be patient buddy :)