Green H440 Special Edition "The Riddler" - Completed

_TechPuppet_

Paint it :P

Definitely plan too! :D I'm gonna have fun with it.

But not sure if I should paint the entire Rad, or I can do a nice design on it or a green and purple stripe next to each other going diagonally near one of the corners.

Any ideas are welcome from anyone.

Definitely plan too! :D I'm gonna have fun with it.

But not sure if I should paint the entire Rad, or I can do a nice design on it or a green and purple stripe next to each other going diagonally near one of the corners.

Any ideas are welcome from anyone.

Why not paint the fins green and the outside purple? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

It's best to leave the fins alone because you don't want too much paint on it otherwise it won't work properly. That's one of the reasons it's coated lightly with black paint. It will obstruct the airflow.

It would look cool but I don't want to chance it not working right.

Thank you for the idea though. :)

It's best to leave the fins alone because you don't want too much paint on it otherwise it won't work properly. That's one of the reasons it's coated lightly with black paint. It will obstruct the airflow.

It would look cool but I don't want to chance it not working right.

Thank you for the idea though. :)

Hmm, true, true. How about painting the sides purple and the top and bottom, but not the fins, green? 

5SfTaHh.png

Praise MS Paint skills. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Hmm, true, true. How about painting the sides purple and the top and bottom, but not the fins, green? 

~snip~

I'm thinking that it might be too much color.. I want it to look sleek and clean looking, I think if I paint too much of the inside of the build it will look more cartoonish/childish. Plus I don't want to overwhelm the eyes.

What about if I was to do something like this?

IMG_0135paint_zpsd52b175c.jpg

I plan on doing all the EK buttons this way.

I'm thinking that it might be too much color.. I want it to look sleek and clean looking, I think if I paint too much of the inside of the build it will look more cartoonish/childish. Plus I don't want to overwhelm the eyes.

What about if I was to do something like this?

-snip-

I plan on doing all the EK buttons this way.

May actually look pretty nifty. I'll look forward to seeing the final idea and paint job. 

If you're painting anything, I'm even more interested. ;)

:D

Ya, I plan on getting a nice paint job on the case. Either hand painted or airbrushed.

Will be preparing to get it done as soon as I'm done slapping the water cooling together.

tDwTERI_zps167e34ed.png

Update 8:

Just ordered myself a EK Supremacy CPU Liquid Cooling Block (Acetal+Nickel),

a EK- X3 250 Liquid Cooling Reservoir,

and a EK-DDC 3.2 PWM X-TOP CSQ Pump (Acetal).

Also bought an EK pump mount and a few more fittings.

Should be here within the week and pictures will be up soon after that :)

So much EK WOOOOOOOOOOW, but really exciting too...

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

So much EK WOOOOOOOOOOW, but really exciting too...

:o  EK :o

Thank you;

For me it started with the EK Supremecy block. Then after I decided that that was the block I was going with, and thought then why not do everything EK. I want to try and stick to the same branded parts. I wanted to get Black Ice rads, but the 120mm one that I was looking at was so thick that it would go past the CPU block and we wouldn't have been able to have seen it and it wouldn't have been easy to run the tubing from the CPU block to the radiator. Would have made it really hard. The H80i's rad ended up fitting well, and EK is the only other company that makes a 38mm rad.

:o  EK :o

Thank you;

For me it started with the EK Supremecy block. Then after I decided that that was the block I was going with, and thought then why not do everything EK. I want to try and stick to the same branded parts. I wanted to get Black Ice rads, but the 120mm one that I was looking at was so thick that it would go past the CPU block and we wouldn't have been able to have seen it and it wouldn't have been easy to run the tubing from the CPU block to the radiator. Would have made it really hard. The H80i's rad ended up fitting well, and EK is the only other company that makes a 38mm rad.

Fair enough, I guess it makes it that bit easier too.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

Fair enough, I guess it makes it that bit easier too.

It does. I mean I'm the last one to be a "fanboy" type but I thought it would look nicer having more of one product than a mix of them.

tDwTERI_zps167e34ed.png

Update 9:

Got some more goodies to show you guys. :D

The boxes, they are soooo pretty :0

It's a teaser I know, but I'm not going to open the boxes just yet.

I am in the process of moving and want to keep the boxes nice and stowed away until I reach my new destination.

As soon as I am able I will take the pretties out and snap some photos for you all.

I will then soon after order some of the last items on my list and then it's building time! :D

I will be taking a lot of pics while in the process of doing my water cooling so you can see how I put it together and are with me through the ups and downs.

I'm thinking that I might even do a video or partial video of some of the process.

Now on to the goodies...

IMG_0140_zps5820a728.jpg

IMG_0144_zps292cac83.jpg

IMG_0160_zps9d89ddaf.jpg

IMG_0161_zps458fbc5d.jpg

IMG_0163_zps8fe3ac95.jpg

More pics coming soon...

P.S. With a much better background...

Just looked through all the updates (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SHORTCUTS) and I really I can't believe I have only just seen this now! Subbed!! :lol:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

The packaging on EK stuff is just so nice, wish i had enough money for custom w/c just for the boxes lol.

Just looked through all the updates (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SHORTCUTS) and I really I can't believe I have only just seen this now! Subbed!! :lol:

Thanks and no problem!

and yeah we've you been :D:P

P.S. I don't think your sub went through, I think the sub button I have on my first post doesn't work properly (working on that). If you still want to sub use the reg. sub button in the top corner till I get that fixed ;)

The packaging on EK stuff is just so nice, wish i had enough money for custom w/c just for the boxes lol.

I know. :) I opened the box and saw them all and was like oooh soo pretty... :o

I'm going to build a nice wall boxed shelf just for all my boxes. xD

Looks Gorgeus, like the sleevings :D

Thank you :)

I work with Riptide Sleeving. :D

Already planning my next build and how I'll be doing that sleeving.

Thanks and no problem!

and yeah we've you been :D:P

P.S. I don't think your sub went through, I think the sub button I have on my first post doesn't work properly (working on that). If you still want to sub use the reg. sub button in the top corner till I get that fixed ;)

Oh derp. I said I subbed but I forgot to actually subscribe. Sorry I accidentally do this all the time, I feel dumb

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza