Ultimate Programming Resources Thread

Thanks for your input. As he has so many tutorials in so many languages, I thought it would be easier to include his channel in the General Programming Section.

Case Bitfenix Shinobi | CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz | Motherboard -  Asus P8Z77 | GPU - 7870 | PSU - Corsair CXM 600w | 
Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda 1Tb x 2 | SSD - Samsung 840 256Gb | Cooling - Custom 2x Dual 120mm Radiator, Watercooling Loop |

Ultimate Programming Resources Thread ||| CompSci Masters Degree Student and Professional Java and C# Programmer

While they do have some nice examples, please be aware that w3schools also have a lot

of errors in their code (or they did last time I checked). I wouldn't disqualify them

completely (in fact I've used them quite a bit), but just have that in the back of your

head when checking something from there (see: w3fools).

Allegedly, it has gotten better over the past two years, but I thought this should be

mentioned.

Anyway:

PHP

phpacademy

php.net (they often have some very useful examples by users in their documentation)

Perl

perlmonks (it can be tricky to find what you're looking for though)

perl's official site

perlmeme (haven't personally used it, but some people seem to think well of it)

perl-begin (same disclaimer as above)

C++

cppreference

cplusplus.com (allegedly they've also had a bit more mistakes in their docs than tolerable,

though I've never seen one myself)

EDIT:On another note, I see the forum admins haven't yet fixed the bug that enables

people to like their own posts. :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

C#:
MSDN (I usually just google "msdn [object name/function name]" to find the definition of c# objects.

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

Thanks guys, excellent contribution, you shall be credited.

Case Bitfenix Shinobi | CPU - i5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz | Motherboard -  Asus P8Z77 | GPU - 7870 | PSU - Corsair CXM 600w | 
Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda 1Tb x 2 | SSD - Samsung 840 256Gb | Cooling - Custom 2x Dual 120mm Radiator, Watercooling Loop |

Ultimate Programming Resources Thread ||| CompSci Masters Degree Student and Professional Java and C# Programmer

Edit: Added Perl, PHP, C#, Java and VB resources

This is a cool thread, pretty much everything i use when looking up online has bee posted. But ill be sure to keep an eye out for any useful links.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

This is a cool thread, pretty much everything i use when looking up online has bee posted. But ill be sure to keep an eye out for any useful links.

Thanks dude, I appreciate it.

Edit: Added software resources

Edit: Added majorawesome's Programming FAQ thread, and a few more resources for a few categories.

http://www.coderanch.com/ - has resources for Java Programmers, especially those who wish to take certifications.

Thanks dude, I added it in and credited you.

Edit: Added a 'Books' section.

Snip

It was already in general.

As far as books go a few good ones ive used.

Head first with java + design patterns

C programming language

Computers as components (its embedded systems stuff)

Operating Systems Concepts with Java

As far as books go a few good ones ive used.

Head first with java + design patterns

C programming language

Computers as components (its embedded systems stuff)

Operating Systems Concepts with Java

Nice one mate, appreciate it.

Edit: Added more books.

Darkfeign, on 13 May 2013 - 4:47 PM, said:

Could you add LearnCthehardway similar to the python reference? Thanks.

Damn, I completely forgot about that one! I worked through some of their Regex tutorials

a while back and thought it was pretty awesome stuff. I'm definitely going to have to

go through their C material before I start college again in fall. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Damn, I completely forgot about that one! I worked through some of their Regex tutorials

a while back and thought it was pretty awesome stuff. I'm definitely going to have to

go through their C material before I start college again in fall. :)

I need to refresh my python knowledge soon and will definitely go over their python tutorial. I covered some of their C tutorial last summer before taking up C++ and it was a big help =]

Thanks dude, I already had Learn Python the hard way; but I added learn c/ruby/SQL the Hard way; also have credited you.

Also It seems the thread now shows all html tags for me, is this the case for others too? It has happened a few times and deleting it is a nightmare

Thanks dude, I already had Learn Python the hard way; but I added learn c/ruby/SQL the Hard way; also have credited you.

Also It seems the thread now shows all html tags for me, is this the case for others too? It has happened a few times and deleting it is a nightmare

Yup its HTML'd.

Man it is so annoying! I just removed it all and it has come back. I will fix it in a minute.

I found a HTML tags remover online so all should be okay again.