do you keep boxes

Thebman712

Usually keep them for warranty's or if I am selling it/transporting it to another location :D

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

I voted no, but I will usually keep the box for a short while in case something goes wrong and I have to RMA it. But usually after a month or two I purge them all.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

i throw out the boxes once i know that the product is working properly. luckley my local computer shop i can drive to and docent require original packaging :) 

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

Yes, resale value and such, you should make a poll 

Interested in Business and Technology

Retail boxes yeah. Shipping boxes for a limited time.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Sure do, usually on initially building I keep the extras that came with that component in the box it came in. Then, eventually after getting sick of opening N boxes to find that part/accessory now that I need it I put as much into the mobo box or the box that can hold everything and then put the smaller boxes in the bigger boxes to save space. Eventually after I get sick of the mess I go through it again making sure I take out all the accessories I did not use and chuck the boxes but keep the parts, usually a few years after, depends how badly I need the space, because you never know and the boxes look pretty cool.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Yup. For multiple reasons.

Sometimes the box looks cool.

Sometimes you need them for warranty/returns, and most of the time you need them for mail in rebates.

It makes it easier to find stuff if you're moving. I move like every 1.5/2 years, and it's much easier when everything already has it's own box. If I only want to unpack a few things on the first day in a new place, I can do it quickly without having to open every box to find a certain thing. I also keep the plain brown packing boxes for other stuff. Then I don't have to buy boxes from U-Haul.

And if you need space, you guys know you can flatten the boxes, right?

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Yup. I keep them in case i want to sell them or transport them later on.

The larger boxes are usually used to store other boxes in though.

I use pretty much the same tactic. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Depends. If they look good and aren't too massive I usually keep them.

Yes me and my gf love collecting boxes not only rma but just to have them they look cool.

Yes. For everything.

Help for transporting, in case I resell them, sometimes I simply like them.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I keep the motherboard box and the GPU/CPU boxes, all others go out especially the case box because they're normally massive.

I would also keep the box of a camera or phone/other expensive item, but nothing cheaper like RAM or mice ect.

Yup, all stored in a big box in one of the closets... 

Great for resale value.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

I voted no. Although that is not fully true I tend to only keep as long as return or warranty periods then trash them

I keep boxes for most things and then I have boxes for my boxes.  Sometimes I'll collapse boxes to stick them in other boxes.  

I have a shelf in my closet dedicated to my Lego boxes.   

for some crazy reason we all do :D ,

df0ff33f266f32214d219b927452e45fc1dffeae

Details separate people.

depends on the item. Nice boxes I keep them as trophies... stuff with less attractive boxes, I just throw them away...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

Anything that I treasure, I keep the box.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Yes, :D

8B9Zb.JPG

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I kept the ones from this rig for over three years before I needed the space and threw them away.

Such organization...

You should see my closet lol

it took forever to get the shelves in the right spot to make everything fit lul

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

All of mine are in the crawl space of my house with all of my gold bars.

Yes I do :D this is just some of the boxes I have, the two walk-in closet's you see in the photo with the bock self, are filled to the top full of boxes of PC components.

IMG_9186_zpsaa26dedd.jpg

IMG_9173_zps928ebcea.jpg

IMG_9176_zps92cf71a9.jpg

IMG_9183_zps70e8bbfb.jpg

IMG_8868_zps30200d51.jpg

IMG_8851_zpsc281d41f.jpg

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "