WD My Passport Pro Dual Thunderbolt External Drive

NCIX: N/A

Amazon: http://georiot.co/2YSS

The Western Digital My Passport Pro might be the drive that was built for me and my team... It's fast, redundant, and extremely well-built with a solid aluminum enclosure.

yay for being awake at 2AM on a school night. party on wayne!

I'm looking forward to the next video to see if you've lost your eyebrows and eyelashes.

yay for being awake at 2AM on a school night. party on wayne!

post-30016-0-07150700-1398753998.png

You should do a video blindfolded :P 

Looks like a nice product but probably never going to buy one, however it would probably be good for video editors using mac pros or high performance workstations and need to gives videos and clips to editors or producers.  

Hah at 3:51 when you said "Slower" my computer froze for the first time in a long time.. Like the type of freeze that the last sound just gets looped and makes a buzzing sound.. 

the more I think about the almost 500€ price tag the more I think it's actually reasonable...

Electrical tape? Linus you're such a goof ball.

So if the 4TB Model and 2TB Model both have two drives in them, why does the 4TB model require the active cooling and significant price bump?

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

That is a pretty sexy looking drive right there...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So.. ASUS have an ssd coming that has 2 MSATA SSDs inside in raid 0

could you put 2 of these in this thunderbolt enclosure and have 4x raid 0 MSATA SSDs

because.... that would be insane

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So.. ASUS have an ssd coming that has 2 MSATA SSDs inside in raid 0

could you put 2 of these in this thunderbolt enclosure and have 4x raid 0 MSATA SSDs

because.... that would be insane

I like the sound of that. :P

I must have this. that said, I am still surprised I havent seen more boards with thunderbolt connectors. I think I saw 2 when I was building my main rig. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

• 6 months later...

Hey,

I have a WD My Book external hard drive. I have used it for video projects in the past and it gives me a weird message that it cannot store a video file that is longer than 10 minutes. It can store multiple video files that collectively surpass that ten minute mark, it just won't store an individual file that is longer than 10 minutes. I have heard similar problems from friends who have used WD external hard drives before. Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed for the My Passport Pro Dual Thunderbolt External Drive?

Hey,

I have a WD My Book external hard drive. I have used it for video projects in the past and it gives me a weird message that it cannot store a video file that is longer than 10 minutes. It can store multiple video files that collectively surpass that ten minute mark, it just won't store an individual file that is longer than 10 minutes. I have heard similar problems from friends who have used WD external hard drives before. Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed for the My Passport Pro Dual Thunderbolt External Drive?

make a new thread for this.