[Leak] NVIDIA Enthusiast Graphics Roadmap

TechFan@ic

NVIDIA-GTX-780-Uses-GK110-300-GPU-Roadma
http://videocardz.com/41336/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-features-gk110-300-gpu

This has been leaked by videocardz.com & it confirms that the 780 will only have 3 GB of VRAM while the 770 will have just 2GB.
There is also a third card based on GK104, presumably the 760 Ti, & it will also have 2GB of VRAM.

Sadly I think the titans price will stay out of reach

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

so those numbers beside them are those expected release dates as well, 23rd May for the 780, some time the same month for the 770 and then June for the third one. Looks a bit weird though and what's that blurred bit in the bottom right??

So they've cut down the 780's VRAM so I would also assume that the GK110 chip it uses has been cut down down ever further as well based on the previous leaked specs. Not surprised really since I anticipated this.

the gtx 780 and the 780 have been pictured and they both use the titan cooling

http://cdn.overclock.net/b/bd/bdf06343_GeForceGTX780.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/2/2f/2f5a2f9c_144346nzkhpk8ujzxxtpvj.jpeg

imo the 770 with the titan cooling and light effects will sell alot since its for 399 as the rumor says

i will have to wait alooooong time till the 780 gets priced down, probably when the amd 8000 series is released

if the 790 going to be released for $1000 to $1100 it will make the titan price go down and the 780 price too!(meh i hope)

2 780's it is for me then :D

and im going to use them to max out everything and get a stable 75 fps on my beautiful 19" lg flatron w1934S lcd 1440x900 <3

cant wait :D

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

i cant edit my post to add this since im using my phone...

My monitor have 1 port...VGA ;) less ports less input lag as linus said

it have 5ms which isnt bad considering my ping is always on 90~70

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

the gtx 780 and the 780 have been pictured and they both use the titan cooling

http://cdn.overclock.net/b/bd/bdf06343_GeForceGTX780.jpeg

http://cdn.overclock.net/2/2f/2f5a2f9c_144346nzkhpk8ujzxxtpvj.jpeg

imo the 770 with the titan cooling and light effects will sell alot since its for 399 as the rumor says

i will have to wait alooooong time till the 780 gets priced down, probably when the amd 8000 series is released

if the 790 going to be released for $1000 to $1100 it will make the titan price go down and the 780 price too!(meh i hope)

2 780's it is for me then :D

and im going to use them to max out everything and get a stable 75 fps on my beautiful 19" lg flatron w1934S lcd 1440x900 <3

cant wait :D

Light effects would be wishful thinking on the 770, Nvidia will probably do like they always do and restrict the LED name on the top of the card to the top-of-the-line card. In this case I guess both the Titan and 780 will have the lighting, but not 770 (will be embossed plain) or 760Ti (decal)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The leaked pics look like the shrouds on the 780 and 770 to be made of plastic which have been textured to make it look similar to the Titan's.

good to hear that the titan will still be at the top of the list and not dropped to # 2

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

good to hear that the titan will still be at the top of the list and not dropped to # 2

LOL NVIDIA would have to charge a lot more than $1000 if an upcoming card will beat the 3 month old Titan.

There will be no 8000 series, AMD is skipping it & going straight to the 9000 series & 20nm , which spells really bad news for Nvidia, because their 700 series is still based on 28nm silicone.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13661-amd-reportedly-launching-volcanic-islands-gpus-in-2013-updated-with-rumored-specs/

There will be no 8000 series, AMD is skipping it & going straight to the 9000 series & 20nm , which spells really bad news for Nvidia, because their 700 series is still based on 28nm silicone.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13661-amd-reportedly-launching-volcanic-islands-gpus-in-2013-updated-with-rumored-specs/

Last I heard, AMD wouldn't be doing anything for the rest of the year aside from releasing refreshers of the 7000 series since they have a firm grip on the market at the moment. This was during one of their last announcements on their future plans.

Last I heard, AMD wouldn't be doing anything for the rest of the year aside from releasing refreshers of the 7000 series since they have a firm grip on the market at the moment. This was during one of their last announcements on their future plans.

Not really, what they actually showed the press was this

http://media.bestofmicro.com/4/R/372123/original/AMD-Roadmap_2-635x357.jpg

which suggests a Q4 time frame for their next generation.

Not really, what they actually showed the press was this

http://media.bestofmicro.com/4/R/372123/original/AMD-Roadmap_2-635x357.jpg

which suggests a Q4 time frame for their next generation.

They did not mention anything about releasing the 8000 series at the end of the year.

Chris Hook, a spokesman for AMD said this as well:

The Radeon HD 7000-series graphics series will remain stable for the remainder of the year.

They did not mention anything about releasing the 8000 series at the end of the year.

Chris Hook, a spokesman for AMD said this as well:

That's because they're not releasing the 8000 series/sea islands at the end of the year, they're releasing the generation after, which is Volcanic Islands, not sure if they're going to call it the 9000 series. That's why I said "their next generation" not the 8000 or 9000 series because we don't know what they're going to actually call it yet.

Also the slide shows the 7000 series in Q1, Q2 & Q3. No Q4.

Here is what Chekib Akrout Senior Vice President & Business Transformation Officer at AMD said in an interview with Rage3D.com

The next generation of graphics cards -- Volcanic Islands -- is coming this year and shaping up nicely. When you name products after places, it leads to interesting thoughts about where to hold events surrounding that namesake product. Typically places that are cheap to get travel to internationally for a worldwide congregation are preferred, so I'm off to renew my passport on the off chance I'm headed to Reykjavik later this summer. But I sure as hell wouldn't complain about being sent to Honolulu, either.

In case you missed it, Volcanic Islands is AMD's 20nm graphics architecture & both Hawaii & Iceland are part of what is known as the "Volcanic Islands".

That's because they're not releasing the 8000 series/sea islands at the end of the year, they're releasing the generation after, which is Volcanic Islands, not sure if they're going to call it the 9000 series. That's why I said "their next generation" not the 8000 or 9000 series because we don't know what they're going to actually call it yet.

Also the slide shows the 7000 series in Q1, Q2 & Q3. No Q4.

Here is what Chekib Akrout Senior Vice President & Business Transformation Officer at AMD said in an interview with Rage3D.com

In case you missed it, Volcanic Islands is AMD's 20nm graphics architecture & both Hawaii & Iceland are part of what is known as the "Volcanic Islands".

Just because it's not on there roadmap does not automatically mean something will happen.

I tend to only trust official statements by any company. Company execs tend to be too optimistic on plans or try to embellish their products.

So until AMD officially says something, I'm skeptic just how I'm skeptic on the specs of NVIDIA's upcoming 700 series.

you guys are arguing over something that hadnt been out yet chiiiiiiiiiiiil xD

"Senior Vice President & Business Transformation Officer" damn thats one hell of a long name

only have 3 GB of VRAM while the 770 will have just 2GB.

There is also a third card based on GK104, presumably the 760 Ti, & it will also have 2GB of VRAM.

2GB and 3GB are nice amounts though

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

i wonder hows the titan price will be the gtx 790 going to e released

Just because it's not on there roadmap does not automatically mean something will happen.

I tend to only trust official statements by any company. Company execs tend to be too optimistic on plans or try to embellish their products.

So until AMD officially says something, I'm skeptic just how I'm skeptic on the specs of NVIDIA's upcoming 700 series.

It all makes sense though Tabuburn, it explains why AMD postponed the release of their next generation of products from Q1 this year to Q4, it also goes hand in hand with the news about TSMC installing 20nm manufacturing equipment 8 weeks earlier than what was originally scheduled.

2GB and 3GB are nice amounts though

3GB is good, 2GB isn't enough in this day and age though, especially when you look at games like BF3 & Far Cry 3 filling that entire 2GB of frame buffer on 1920x1080.

you guys are arguing over something that hadnt been out yet chiiiiiiiiiiiil xD

"Senior Vice President & Business Transformation Officer" damn thats one hell of a long name

I love discussions on this forum, because more often than not I end up knowing more than what I already did before the discussion.

Most likely AMD will watch and see how the 700 series NVIDIA cards will perform before making the final decision to go to the 8000 series or 9000 series.

Most likely AMD will watch and see how the 700 series NVIDIA cards will perform before making the final decision to go to the 8000 series or 9000 series.

That's impossible, deciding something like that takes years.

However, launching their cards after Nvidia will allow them to do a better job at things like marketing & pricing.

That's impossible, deciding something like that takes years.

However, launching their cards after Nvidia will allow them to do a better job at things like marketing & pricing.

The 8000 series are basically refreshers of the 7000 series and they already pretty much have that ready.

Also, remember how NVIDIA responded to the 7000 series when they finished Kepler? Instead of releasing the full Kepler chip, they released a smaller version of it.

i guess im going to end up buying 670FTW(4GB) for surround gaming this summer too bad 770 only have 2gb version

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

The 8000 series are basically refreshers of the 7000 series and they already pretty much have that ready.

Also, remember how NVIDIA responded to the 7000 series when they finished Kepler? Instead of releasing the full Kepler chip, they released a smaller version of it.

TechFan@ic is right, it takes a minimum of three years to design a series of graphics cards.

GK110 wasn't ready until early 2013, Nvidia had no choice.