very cheap windows 8.1 professional, is this website trusted?

NUFCThomas

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

Doesn't look too cheap to me....

Anyway

Their location is a bit dodgy, some flat in london is not a good place for a warehouse.

Also the verified bit at the bottom is a bit too overbearing with the "you can trust us" attitude.

There seems to be nothing on google about them, so it's a case of how willing are you to put your card details on the line xD

Edit: my google search was bad, you can actually find quite a lot of good reviews about them, seems legit.

Edit again: one or two people saying the card processing is dodgy, read this whole thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4905540

tbh my instincts are at this point screaming avoid, I'm sure you can find a better place to get your software without needing to second guess your safety.

A quote from the other thread:

I bought Windows 7 professional from them, very good price but card transaction gateway (95gateway) so dodgy I cancelled card immediately after. However software was good, activated fine with Microsoft. So I bought a second copy for my other (formerly XP) computer. The card used has subsequently been cloned. So I have written to MrHighTech again (I told them of my suspicions first time round). Either they are stupid or worse. If they bring in Paypal then use them otherwise steer clear.

I would suggest buying from reddit if you can.

You can find enterprise/pro windows for only 10$ and the trusted sellers do not scam you.

Here is what bugs me with the site:

-> No contact information

-> No address

-> About text looks like it generic text from a web site template

-> Too much "trust us"

-> This is apparently their U.S Office: https://www.google.com/maps/place/1242+Flatbush+Ave/@40.64001,-73.95516,3a,90y,232.26h,85.34t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sw9CuAbHFoOJ_JCuN5NEJCQ!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c25b491e1323ef:0x37739fc6875d6444!6m1!1e1

(No office or store found). Same for the U.K

-> The Terms and Conditions don't say the company name, just "The Company", and also, the text is copy paste other site(s) (I was able to find paragraphs from different sites, which is almost word for word the same, just the company name removed and "The Company" is used instead). Also it states that they are not responsible for anything. meaning if they build a gray area of "Oh you didn't get the product? Oh well!"

Now I would assume the price of the product is the upgrade version, not the full one, despite what the site says. In fact, it is, because it tells you that you need to go this page on Microsoft website to get it, which is the download for the upgrade version: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

In addition, links on the side like "Shop with confidence", "eBay reseller", and so on, don't work.

So it's either guy with 0 knowledge on how to run a business successfully,or not genuine.

The thing is, we don't know if these site is genuine at first... builds a reputation, and then once it gets nice reviews, it starts screwing over people.