What can i use to connect 2 ethernet cables

bitdota

So i have 2 cables i dont want to buy another longer one or cut the plugs off. i want to connect them to each other so i make a longer one.

What can i use ? i bought some thingy for a 1.20 eur but it did not work 

This : 

RJ45-Ethernet-Network-Cable-Extension-Co

What could be the problem the thingy is faulty or something ?

straight coupler * - found out the name of it.

I have a 500 Mbps connection i want it to pass threw that.

I have a cat6 cable it could be that the problem ? It does not support it ?

Right well that adapter you show me there should do the trick with normal ethernet cables that you use to connect your PC to your router at home. (cat6 is fine, just rated for higher speeds than 5). What are these cables connecting exactly? Just your PC? Aslo have you tried simply turning the adapter around ? It sounds stupid but sometimes does the trick :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Right well that adapter you show me there should do the trick with normal ethernet cables that you use to connect your PC to your router at home. (cat6 is fine). What are these cables connecting exactly? Just your PC

Yes Modem to PC

I want to connect my pc directly but the cable is to short. Both cables work fine. they are in wall cables so that's  why i don't want to change therm.

After connecting both ends it does not work. It says limited connectivity no internet access. 

Ofc i made a new PPPoe connection i set up everything correctly it works if i use 1 cable.

Was wondering maybe it is not wired the same as the cables are ?

Yes Modem to PC

I want to connect my pc directly but the cable is to short. Both cables work fine. they are in wall cables so that's  why i don't want to change therm.

After connecting both ends it does not work. It says limited connectivity no internet access. 

Ofc i made a new PPPoe connection i set up everything correctly it works if i use 1 cable.

Was wondering maybe it is not wired the same as the cables are ?

Well I am ASSUMING you are using straight-through cables to connect your PC directly to your access point. If you have a cross-over cable it won't work if your router doesn't autosense (it probably does)

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Well I am ASSUMING you are using straight-through cables to connect your PC directly to your access point. If you have a cross-over cable it won't work if your router doesn't autosense (it probably does)

I am not using cross-over cable. The point is that i don't want to use a router . I have 1 cable that comes from the modem located elsewhere that connects to the router and another cable that comes from the router and connects to the pc in another room. 

I want to remove the router and connect those 2 cables together. and use a direct line from PC to modem. I moved my PC there just to test it with one cable and it works, I can't leave my PC there.

I am not using cross-over cable. The point is that i don't want to use a modem . I have 1 cable that comes from the modem located elsewhere that connects to the router and another cable that comes from the router and connects to the pc in another room. 

I want to remove the router and connect those 2 cables together. and use a direct line from PC to modem. I moved my PC there just to test it with one cable and it works, I can't leave my PC there.

Right so like I thought then. Well then it should work frankly, might be a busted connector. Only other option is you're getting too much interference on the cable and losing your signal.

Those adapters/connectors tend to fail or are badly produced.

But you don't have old router or switch?

Those adapters/connectors tend to fail or are badly produced.

But you don't have old router or switch?

A switch could do the same ? I don't lose bandwidth ?

A switch could do the same ? I don't lose bandwidth ?

Yes a switch can do the same, but make sure to get atleas a Gigabit switch.

Yes a switch can do the same, but make sure to get atleas a Gigabit switch.

And if i  have a router that says it is gigabit but i can't get that bandwidth with it like using direct connection, ( using my router i only get to 100Mbps )  can i use it as a switch and get the same bandwidth like using a direct cable to the modem ?

And if i  have a router that says it is gigabit but i can't get that bandwidth with it like using direct connection, ( using my router i only get to 100Mbps )  can i use it as a switch and get the same bandwidth like using a direct cable to the modem ?

Is the router set to max speed? You can use it as a switch yes but you won't get the same bandwith.

Is the router set to max speed? You can use it as a switch yes but you won't get the same bandwith

But if i would use a gigabit switch i would get the same as using a regular cable ?

But if i would use a gigabit switch i would get the same as using a regular cable ?

Well, it depends on the router/switch.

Well, it depends on the router/switch.

And whats with the adapter. Should i buy another one maybe it was faulty? that should give me the same bandwidth. It's the same like using a longer cable not much happens in between 

Or it does ?

And whats with the adapter. Should i buy another one maybe it was faulty? that should give me the same bandwidth. It's the same like using a longer cable not much happens in between 

Or it does ?

Try if you can get your money back on the adapter or ask a replacement.

Did you try to combine a straight and cross cable? You can only do it with the same cables (straight on straight).

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Did you try to combine a straight and cross cable? You can only do it with the same cables (straight on straight).

Now it works but it slows down my speeds drastically.

So i need to get a new router