Cherry MX Switch LED Colour Changers

Heya Fellas'

While this may not be an extravagant deal of the sorts, I still believe these are f**king awesome and need to be brought to attention!

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/led-color-changer?mode=guest_open&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Massdrop%20-%20Master&utm_campaign=Product%20Announcement%202014-04-24&utm_content=C

They're like little clip on coloured translucent caps that you clip on-top of cherry switches to change the colour of your back-lighting.

I see this being extremely handy if you're upset with the current LED colors of your keyboard, and don't wish to purchase an entirely new keyboard, then this is the solution for you :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I wish other people would sell these, or massdrop would sell them not in a drop

While I haven't had a look, you probably could find these on geekhack hidden somewhere away in their classifieds section.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

YAY WHITE LEDS FOR MY K70

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

Heya Fellas'

While this may not be an extravagant deal of the sorts, I still believe these are f**king awesome and need to be brought to attention!

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/led-color-changer?mode=guest_open&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Massdrop%20-%20Master&utm_campaign=Product%20Announcement%202014-04-24&utm_content=C

They're like little clip on coloured translucent caps that you clip on-top of cherry switches to change the colour of your back-lighting.

I see this being extremely handy if you're upset with the current LED colors of your keyboard, and don't wish to purchase an entirely new keyboard, then this is the solution for you :)

Two things to keep in mind.

1) These will really only work with White LEDs.. Unless you're ready for some odd color matching.

2) Not every illuminated keyboard has per-key lighting. Some just have lights on the base plate that shine up and through the keycaps.

But yes, this was posted earlier today @ the New CM Keyboard thread.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

The white ones will only lighten up the current colour of your LEDs, it won't give you white LEDs.

I never thought of that, fuck

yellow k70 then 

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

1) These will really only work with White LEDs.. Unless you're ready for some odd color matching.

2) Not every illuminated keyboard has per-key lighting. Some just have lights on the base plate that shine up and through the keycaps.

It kind of already mentions that in the mass-drop add page

I didn't see that thread, It popped up in r/mekanicalkeyboards for me so I thought I would share :)

I never thought of that, fuck

yellow k70 then 

Depends on the current colour of your LEDs, I'm presuming they're red yeah? If so, you could make purple with blue caps.

Or... Pink with white caps ;) 

What colour are your current LEDs?

Red, Im assuming yellow would not work.

Depends on the current colour of your LEDs, I'm presuming they're red yeah? If so, you could make purple with blue caps.

Or... Pink with white caps ;)

I think im just going to stick to red :lol:

(But if i had blue, id defo go purple)

This is perfect for my black widow ultimate that I just got because I have a blue led theme sorta. What plus what colour makes blue? the razer ones are always green

This is perfect for my black widow ultimate that I just got because I have a blue led theme sorta. What plus what colour makes blue? the razer ones are always green

Blue caps with green LEDs will make a turquoise colour :)

I have blue led's... I don't know how well they'd change the colour, i'm sick of blue  :(

I have blue led's... I don't know how well they'd change the colour, i'm sick of blue  :(

Well you could get reds and make it purple :P

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Sweet. Am buying.

It might not be purple, it might just be a really weird blue colour or something like that, but i think it will be a cool colour whatever it is.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

It might not be purple, it might just be a really weird blue colour or something like that, but i think it will be a cool colour whatever it is.

Hmm, yellow could make a weird green colour too.

Here's a pic I ripped from reddit for colours used with blue LEDs

Jrok3uE.jpg

1. These are on Taobao ALL THE TIME. But its in China, if you need to get something from there you can get a proxy from reddit. I have a guy who did me that.

2. How will it work on a black widow? Green.

snapback.png

1) These will really only work with White LEDs.. Unless you're ready for some odd color matching.

It kind of already mentions that in the mass-drop add page

I didn't see that thread, It popped up in r/mekanicalkeyboards for me so I thought I would share :)

PRAISE THE G710+ !!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

1. These are on Taobao ALL THE TIME. But its in China, if you need to get something from there you can get a proxy from reddit. I have a guy who did me that.

Yeah, I got mine from China from here. If its cheap (less than a dollar), then you are buying 10 covers. If its $10, then its a set for a full keyboard.

That link doesn't have a large choice at the moment, so massdrop is probably best bet. 

They work very well with white LEDs, and have varying results with other colours.

Here is an image of mine, to give anyone on the fence an idea of how it can look.

YF1CKrv.jpg

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Yeah, I got mine from China from here. If its cheap (less than a dollar), then you are buying 10 covers. If its $10, then its a set for a full keyboard.

That link doesn't have a large choice at the moment, so massdrop is probably best bet. 

They work very well with white LEDs, and have varying results with other colours.

Here is an image of mine, to give anyone on the fence an idea of how it can look.

YF1CKrv.jpg

I assume that's on a white backlit board?