steam in home streaming (dualboot pc --> barebones pc)

CyberJesus88

so i currently have a dualboot windows/hackintosh osx pc, using windows for all my gaming and osx for all of my productivity.the plan is to buy a cheap barebones (intel nuc, gigbayte brix style) pc for my main tv in another part of my house and install steam os onto it. from there i plan on setting it up purely for streaming games from my main pc and playing them with a controller. now heres the issue, if i either have the main pc switched off or logged into osx i wont bee able to stream my games with out having to and switch my main pc onto windows and coming back to my streaming pc to play my game. my question is, is there anyway that i can remotly have my main pc be switched from either off or osx to widows when i turn my streaming pc on in another room?

apreciate any help, thanks in advance.

Just a heads up, the nuc will need to have a 500GB hard drive or more last I heard in order to install Steam OS.

Use WAKE ON LAN to turn on the computer that's off.

Free software & smartphone apps can do this... Should hopefully be integrated into Steam soon

For OSX, you should be able to automate via an SSH client script and send a remote shutdown/reboot (there are scripts to boot into windows from OSX).