What exactly do I need for streaming?

Hey everyone! 

I have a few questions. 

I need to know what are the best options for me when it comes to streaming to twitch. 

Here's a quick run down of the system: 

CPU - 4770K

GPU - GTX 770

RAM - 16Gb's of HyperX fury ram at 1866 
Cooler - Either the H220 or H220X when it comes out (putting 2 Noctua fans btw)

So I want to know.... Do I need 16Gb's or 8gb's for streaming my games? Do I need the 4770k or can I go with the 4670k? 
I will also be using the Computer for some coding, photoshop, light video editing (nothing extreme.. mostly like 1 video out of no where), and 

gaming! :D

Current Build:

CPU: Core i5-9600K MOBO: Asus strix z390-i RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3200mhz GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix Storage: Samsung SSD 500GB & Samsung 1TB SSD Case: Louqe Ghost S1 Cooler: Noctua L12 - 92mm fan only PSU: Corsair SF600 Keybaord: Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red

You don't need that.

A 4670K, 770, 8GB of RAM would be fine, I have that RAM btw, it's awesome. Just use shadowplay and you're set. If you are going to use more than 8GB in Photoshop etc then 16GB is nice.

A decent internet connection with at least 5 Mbit up.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

You don't need that.

A 4670K, 770, 8GB of RAM would be fine, I have that RAM btw, it's awesome. Just use shadowplay and you're set. If you are going to use more than 8GB in Photoshop etc then 16GB is nice.

I don't think he wants to use shadow play. When most people say they want to stream I believe they are trying to use Xsplit or OBS which helps them make their stream seem more pleasant and so forth. Shadow play hasn't got all the features yet but its coming close. I say go with the 4770k cuz profit. :D

More like 2 or 3, but yeah you need upload

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Streaming isn't particularly hard but internet speed is quite important (especially upload speed) if you don't want the recording to be choppy, pixelated and/or blurry. Anything above 2Mb/s is fine for 720p 30fps, with 5Mb/s I can stream 720 60fps or 1080p 30fps, probably about 10Mb/s or higher you can go 1080p 60fps.

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

Nah I stream, you at least need 5 up and down if your trying to make your stream look presentable.

Nah I stream, you at least need 5 up and down if your trying to make your stream look presentable.

I watch people stream on 1500 bit rate 1080p all the time, it looks fine.

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Not if you want it to be decent quality. 5Mbit up is highly recommended. Any less could cause frame drops or lower quality.

[EDIT] Bitrates aside, connections aren't as reliable as we'd like them to be. Having head room is nice.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I wonder how many Australians stream on twitch. Internet is terrible here

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Define presentable. I have a 2mb upload speed and can stream at 480p 30fps no problem, although I usually only play SNES games and stuff lol.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Define presentable. I have a 2mb upload speed and can stream at 480p 30fps no problem, although I usually only play SNES games and stuff lol.

Presentable meaning like 720p or 1080 with no hiccups and smooth frames. I hate watching anything under 720p in my opinion.

Presentable meaning like 720p or 1080 with no hiccups and smooth frames. I hate watching anything under 720p in my opinion.

You must not watch much videos on youtube then ;)

Old shit no one cares about but me.

It heavily depends on what you intend to stream, for example Nightblue3(LoL-streamer) streams with an i5-2320, a 7770 and 8GB RAM. In most cases it depends on your internetspeeds.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

It heavily depends on what you intend to stream, for example Nightblue3(LoL-streamer) streams with an i5-2320, a 7770 and 8GB RAM. In most cases it depends on your internetspeeds.

Yes, I've seen people like that. 

I do want to play games at Ultra/High resolution.

Streaming isn't particularly hard but internet speed is quite important (especially upload speed) if you don't want the recording to be choppy, pixelated and/or blurry. Anything above 2Mb/s is fine for 720p 30fps, with 5Mb/s I can stream 720 60fps or 1080p 30fps, probably about 10Mb/s or higher you can go 1080p 60fps.

Yes, up/speed is quite important.

Right now, I am working with ~2.5 mbps up. 

I don't think he wants to use shadow play. When most people say they want to stream I believe they are trying to use Xsplit or OBS which helps them make their stream seem more pleasant and so forth. Shadow play hasn't got all the features yet but its coming close. I say go with the 4770k cuz profit. :D

Heres, the thing. I think that the 4770k will be pretty good because of the multi-tasking, but maybe I am just better off getting a 4670k with 16gb's of RAM. 

I will be using OBS. Shadowplay isn't quite as good as OBS. 

OBS is just a beast, and has really good features. 

Yup. Since I am moving soon, I am making sure that I can get more than 3 mbps up.

You don't need that.

Is the ram good? Sweet! I wanted to know if it was good, and I like the style (asthetics) + the good speed, and! It's cheap! 

First of all, I don't like shadowplay, it's good... but I will use OBS. 

I might go with the 16gb's of ram, because the MOBO later on expands to 32Gb's. 

But, the real question is.. 

4670K or 4770K? Not sure what to do there. 

Current Build:

CPU: Core i5-9600K MOBO: Asus strix z390-i RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3200mhz GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix Storage: Samsung SSD 500GB & Samsung 1TB SSD Case: Louqe Ghost S1 Cooler: Noctua L12 - 92mm fan only PSU: Corsair SF600 Keybaord: Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red

Yes, I've seen people like that. 

I do want to play games at Ultra/High resolution.

Yes, up/speed is quite important.

Right now, I am working with ~2.5 mbps up. 

Heres, the thing. I think that the 4770k will be pretty good because of the multi-tasking, but maybe I am just better off getting a 4670k with 16gb's of RAM. 

I will be using OBS. Shadowplay isn't quite as good as OBS. 

OBS is just a beast, and has really good features. 

Yup. Since I am moving soon, I am making sure that I can get more than 3 mbps up.

Is the ram good? Sweet! I wanted to know if it was good, and I like the style (asthetics) + the good speed, and! It's cheap! 

First of all, I don't like shadowplay, it's good... but I will use OBS. 

I might go with the 16gb's of ram, because the MOBO later on expands to 32Gb's. 

But, the real question is.. 

4670K or 4770K? Not sure what to do there.

It's awesome! 16GB is a good number to have for headroom.

HMMMMMM, I don't stream, but if you aren't sacrificing GPU power to get it, then get the i7 4770K. What I mean is that you can get a 770 either way without stepping down to a 760 and i7 etc.

It's awesome! 16GB is a good number to have for headroom.

HMMMMMM, I don't stream, but if you aren't sacrificing GPU power to get it, then get the i7 4770K. What I mean is that you can get a 770 either way without stepping down to a 760 and i7 etc.

Well I wanted to get the 780, but I am just going to be gaming at 1080p, and since the 770 can run everything on ultra at 1080p

I really think I don't need the 780 for +4 fps' for ~160 more dollars. 

Even thought, if I did go with a 780, I would probably have to stick with the i5. 

Not sure what to do with the cpu ;/

4770k or 4670k ;/

Current Build:

Well I wanted to get the 780, but I am just going to be gaming at 1080p, and since the 770 can run everything on ultra at 1080p

I really think I don't need the 780 for +4 fps' for ~160 more dollars. 

Even thought, if I did go with a 780, I would probably have to stick with the i5. 

Not sure what to do with the cpu ;/

4770k or 4670k ;/

Oh god... personally, I would get the i5 and the 780, but for streaming you might want the i7...

Oh god... personally, I would get the i5 and the 780, but for streaming you might want the i7...

I want to really keep it as low as I can, and if I can play everything well at 1080p with the 770

I can get the 4770k and then later on SLi them, or even upgrade to an 800 series. 

Current Build:

I want to really keep it as low as I can, and if I can play everything well at 1080p with the 770

I can get the 4770k and then later on SLi them, or even upgrade to an 800 series. 

Yeah, get the 770 and i7.

Is there a Microcenter near you?

Yeah, get the 770 and i7.

Is there a Microcenter near you?

I don't believe there's a microcenter in Florida. 

I do believe, however, that there is a TigerDirect. 

But I might get the parts off Newegg+Ncix. 

Current Build:

I don't believe there's a microcenter in Florida. 

I do believe, however, that there is a TigerDirect. 

But I might get the parts off Newegg+Ncix. 

Ooh, if there were one, you could get the i7 for ~$250.

Get the i7/770

Ooh, if there were one, you could get the i7 for ~$250.

Get the i7/770

i7 for 250!? Cheezus. 

Newegg has it for 309... best I can get it right now. 

Current Build: