Corsair Obsidian 250d liquid cooler help

Xtreme Gamer
Go to solution Solved by TopplesS,

The Glacier seems to be marginally larger (27mm vs. 29mm radiator), and the 250D has trouble fitting anything larger than the H100i in it, so to be safe I'd say stick with Corsair.

I am stuck between the Glacer 240L and H100i. Which one is better, quieter, more performance, better temps? Thanks for any help!!!!

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

I am stuck between the Glacer 240L and H100i. Which one is better, quieter, more performance, better temps? Thanks for any help!!!!

Out of those two, the Glacer 240L will perform better. Both of their pumps are very quiet, and they both have great warranties. The 240L also has the advantage of being expandable.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

The performance, noise, and effectiveness will all depend on what fans you use and whether or not you're running push/pull

As for which one to chose from,  the H100i seems to be pretty popular. I had the H100 before I switched to a custom waterloop. My CPU temps are only 8-10C different than before, and I added a GPU to my loop. So I'd say it was a pretty effective cooler.

I don't think the Glacer 240L fits. It's Rad is too thick. I know an H105 doesn't fit.

I don't think the Glacer 240L fits. It's Rad is too thick. I know an H105 doesn't fit.

Ok then, what liquid cooler would you suggest in place of Glacer 240L and between the H100i?

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

Ok then, what liquid cooler would you suggest in place of Glacer 240L and between the H100i?

H100i is the only 240 that I know fits so.. H100i..

The Glacier seems to be marginally larger (27mm vs. 29mm radiator), and the 250D has trouble fitting anything larger than the H100i in it, so to be safe I'd say stick with Corsair.

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550