2nd pair of Microsoft LX-3000's broke

Collin

The mic works for 5 seconds then stops working. Really pisses me off because I can no longer live stream. Also I dont really have any money since I bought a game. What is a good mic for 20-30 dollars?

So hopefully you won't buy that POS the third time around :D 

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Wow I'm really surprised. Those are actually pretty durable. Try some Superlux then. 

You said mic. Zalman clip on is nice but you might need to boost the volume in windows. 

DUDE you can get a snowball for 40$ right now on amazon direct from Blue Microphones! Damn you! I'm trying to save up for a computer, how will I ever at this rate!?

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

DUDE you can get a snowball for 40$ right now on amazon direct from Blue Microphones! Damn you! I'm trying to save up for a computer, how will I ever at this rate!?

Are you talking about the ICE version? That one has always been at $40.

Are you talking about the ICE version? That one has always been at $40.

Aww man, I thought my life had been changed forever.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

Aww man, I thought my life had been changed forever.

Yeah its made of plastic instead of metal so that's why it's cheaper. I think there was one other difference but I don't remember. 

I have the Blue Snowball iCE and the two differences are the snowball has three modes (Cardoid,Omni-Directional,-10db input pad) and a better stand were as the iCE doesn't. The iCE still sounds good though.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

I have the Blue Snowball iCE and the two differences are the snowball has three modes (Cardoid,Omni-Directional,-10db input pad) and a better stand were as the iCE doesn't. The iCE still sounds good though.

So what should I get?

So what should I get?

I would say the iCE because unless your recording instruments there is little difference like mentioned before.

Here is a test recording I made to give you a test of the audio quality

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B13C7imBMJ0iaFlVWkJ2c05kdGs/edit?usp=sharing

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

I have an LX3000, I have smashed the sit out of it, had the cable caught in my feet and yanked of the table, trodden on, sat on, thrown and abused by my (not so gentle) kids and they are still alive and kicking like brand new 2 years later.  I will always recommend them if someone needs a headset for under $30.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I have an LX3000, I have smashed the sit out of it, had the cable caught in my feet and yanked of the table, trodden on, sat on, thrown and abused by my (not so gentle) kids and they are still alive and kicking like brand new 2 years later.  I will always recommend them if someone needs a headset for under $30.

IVe had 2. Both fucked up on me.