Ram usage

These pass few days my ram usage on idle has gone upto 70% were before it was using around 20-30% on idle, do you know what is causing this as it is slowing my computer down. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

What does task manager say?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

What does task manager say?

rapt.exe and explorer.exe, and I don't have any of them open. Also can someone tell me what is raptr? 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

rapt.exe and explorer.exe, and I don't have any of them open. Also can someone tell me what is raptr? 

Most likely referring to this Raptr

From Wikipedia:

Raptr is a social networking website and instant messenger, targeted towards video game players. The company was founded by Dennis Fong, co-founder of Xfire, in 2007 and is located in Mountain View, CA. The company has raised 12 million dollars in funding from investors including Accel Partners and Founders Fund.

The client, which is a downloadable application for Microsoft Windows, supports AIM, Yahoo! Instant Messenger, GTalk, Windows Live Messenger, Xfire, ICQ, and Facebook Chat protocols and allows users to import their Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and Steam accounts. It also includes other features such as game/achievements tracking, in-game overlay, and game management. Raptr offers a few images showing a user's game statistics for use in signatures.

On the website, users add video games to their profile, as well as track game play time and achievements, share reviews, game related information, and game activity. Raptr lets users publish their gaming accomplishments to sites like Twitter, Plurk, FriendFeed, and Facebook.

Spoiler

Most likely referring to this Raptr

From Wikipedia:

but i had raptr long before the ram usage spiked 

My Little Gaming Rig:

but i had raptr long before the ram usage spiked 

Try running a scan with MalwareBytes (warning: direct download link) and see if there are any results.

Spoiler

Try running a scan with MalwareBytes (warning: direct download link) and see if there are any results.

Is avg antivirus any good btw? I was running a trail version and was wondering if i should just buy it? 

My Little Gaming Rig:

Is avg antivirus any good btw? I was running a trail version and was wondering if i should just buy it? 

I would uninstall it and replace it with Avast. There really isn't any need to buy an AV. I run Avast with MalwareBytes (and an occasional Spybot 2 scan) and I haven't had an infection in a long time.

Spoiler

I would uninstall it and replace it with Avast. There really isn't any need to buy an AV. I run Avast with MalwareBytes (and an occasional Spybot 2 scan) and I haven't had an infection in a long time.

so a few thing were detected by that thing you sent me and it says pick an option, do i just pick quarantine? and apply action. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

Look not only at the applications but look at the processes. There you also can see how much memory they eat up and if one process runs amok.

The explorer.exe is always open, its not only the filebrowser/internet explorer, but also the rest of your desktop.

so a few thing were detected by that thing you sent me and it says pick an option, do i just pick quarantine? and apply action. 

Check all infections and click "Remove Selected", then restart your PC and see if the problem is fixed.

Spoiler

Check all infections and click "Remove Selected", then restart your PC and see if the problem is fixed.

still running at 70% on idle.

My Little Gaming Rig: