Messed up screen and no boot, HELP!!

Buckley

I re applied new thermal paste to my 290x. At first it was fine but then randomly my PC shut off and then the second time just the display went. Now when I boot my screen has a pixelated yellow line going down the screen and can't get a picture past the windows boot logo. And right after the splash screen the fans ramp up to 100% yet the screen is blank. Any help?

My xbox's picture does not have the line on screen.

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Please guys I really need some help with this

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Heat problems.. why did you do that?

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Heat problems.. why did you do that?

Why did I what, put new thermal paste? Because the old one was to runny, temps never rose above 61 tho

Well the problem happened after you applied the thermal paste on your GPU...... so you did something wrong.