Youtubing in our day and age: Camcorder VS dslr VS hybrid

Hey guys

So I've been doing a bunch of vlogging, gameplay recording and so on... and so on. So I think it's about time I join the fast lane that is "talking in front of a camera". After looking into a bunch of camcorders and thought it to be medi-ocre quality I looked up what camcorders my fav youtubers use. Turns out they all use dslr such as the 600D.

I then found that the samsung nx1100 seemed to fulfill my requirements which is 1080P at 30 fps (or higher!) that will be used to shoot those standard talking / doing challenges in front of a camera. It means it will be a well lit environment I'll be working in as I have a bunch of lights in my "studio".

This camera is around 350 USD as this camera costs where I live (Denmark).

If you know a camera that will be better for my needs and have similar or better quality that would be amazing. Features I see the nx1100 lacking that I'd be happy to have is a screen that flips so I can actually see my self; an optical viewfinder if it's a dslr as that's just better IMO.

Anyway. I think I painted a quite good picture of what I need. So if you know just the camera for me (maybe at a lower price ;) ) that'd be greatly appreciated!

So far I think I'll be recording audio on my blue yeti USB mic on a laptop and then syncing it up later.

Basically I'm aiming for the quality a 600D can delivier or similar. Like you'll see Marcus butler, Zoe sugg, Joe sugg and so on have in their vids.

While I don't know what specific camera do get, don't look into Nikon. Canon has nearly double the video bit rate. 

I know that many many maaaaany youtubers use the rx100.
But thats obviously not exactly what you want. 
If you're aiming in the 600Ds direction i might suggest the 550d. its cheaper and has the same sensor. I think you could easily connect it to an external monitor to see what you're filming because it lacks a flipdisplay.
​I use a a65 by sony wich gives me fast autofocus while recording video and has very good image quality i think. 
If you want good quality you should spend more money on your lens than on the camera. 550d, 600d, 650d.. all use the same sensor and only differ in features ( I AM NOT 100% SURE ON THAT) so you could take the cheapest (550d) and buy a really nice lense. or you buy the sony rx100 and enjoy the autofocus.
It all depends on what style of video you want. do you want a small area to be sharp and have nice smooth unsharp backgrounds or do you want something not so movie-like? the smaller the sensor the bigger the area that is sharp. The most of the time camcorders, pocketcameras etc. have very small sensors and dslrs the biggest sensors. 
It often makes a difference in image quality too.

-How much do you want to spend?
-Are you willing to spend time learning how to use it properly?
-What style should your videos have

wow... pretty empty here...

I wanna do it as movie like as possible. Meaning my face being in focus ( only having the main focus in focus ). I'll gladly spend a decade to learn how to use it if that's needed. I'm aiming to do this full time.

I do how-ever don't have that much to kick this off since it's sorta secondary to my gaming and streaming right now, so that's why I have the low budget. It's just hard to find recordings of the nx1100 to see if that'll give me what I need.

again thank you for the quick replies

Hey guys

So I've been doing a bunch of vlogging, gameplay recording and so on... and so on. So I think it's about time I join the fast lane that is "talking in front of a camera". After looking into a bunch of camcorders and thought it to be medi-ocre quality I looked up what camcorders my fav youtubers use. Turns out they all use dslr such as the 600D.

I then found that the samsung nx1100 seemed to fulfill my requirements which is 1080P at 30 fps (or higher!) that will be used to shoot those standard talking / doing challenges in front of a camera. It means it will be a well lit environment I'll be working in as I have a bunch of lights in my "studio".

This camera is around 350 USD as this camera costs where I live (Denmark).

If you know a camera that will be better for my needs and have similar or better quality that would be amazing. Features I see the nx1100 lacking that I'd be happy to have is a screen that flips so I can actually see my self; an optical viewfinder if it's a dslr as that's just better IMO.

Anyway. I think I painted a quite good picture of what I need. So if you know just the camera for me (maybe at a lower price ;) ) that'd be greatly appreciated!

So far I think I'll be recording audio on my blue yeti USB mic on a laptop and then syncing it up later.

Basically I'm aiming for the quality a 600D can delivier or similar. Like you'll see Marcus butler, Zoe sugg, Joe sugg and so on have in their vids.

Lots of vloggers use the Canon Powershot ELPH 330 HS. They are good if youre wanting to walk around and vlog with a camera that is cheap to replace.

The thing is I'm not gonna walk around with is. And the nx1100 will be far superior when it's on a tripod in a well lit "studio".