Backing up all of my stuff

Camul

I have recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 and I hate it. I planning on going back to Windows 7 (can't find my W8 key :(), but I don't want to have to re-install of of my programs again. Is there a way to back them up from Windows 8.1 that can be used in Windows 7, or won't that work?

I don't think you can. And even if you could, you're bound to run into problems with things not working. You can obviously transfer all your documents and stuff, but I'd advise installing programs again to avoid problems in the long run. 

I don't think you can. And even if you could, you're bound to run into problems with things not working. You can obviously transfer all your documents and stuff, but I'd advise installing programs again to avoid problems in the long run. 

Yeah, I didn't hold out much hope for it working tbh. Thanks though. 

Yeah, I didn't hold out much hope for it working tbh. Thanks though. 

I know you can do it from Windows 7 to a new Windows 7 install, but even then it has problems. Going for Windows 8 to Windows 7 either won't work at all or will be majorly buggy. 

It's annoying, but it'll probably save you time and frustration in the future. 

Hey what anime is dat avatar me friend. <3 Nowaru wants to know :3

Meh, Windows 8.1 isn't that bad anymore. At least their fixing a couple of problems I had with it. (One being those metro apps not  being able to close unless you switch to desktop and close using that left bar) What specific things did you not like? I'd like to know. :P

Hey what anime is dat avatar me friend. <3 Nowaru wants to know :3

Nisekoi. I slightly edited the scene to make a gif, but it's a good series

I would always reinstall games, programs etc etc.. just make sure everything else is backed up.

Like the man said so many problems can arise from doing it like that. Just bite the bullet and reinstal

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

I have recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 and I hate it. I planning on going back to Windows 7 (can't find my W8 key :(), but I don't want to have to re-install of of my programs again. Is there a way to back them up from Windows 8.1 that can be used in Windows 7, or won't that work?

or just use start 8 or something so that it works like windows 7

What didn't you like moving to 8.1 from 8? its like 99% the same

also if you cant find your key try using belarc advisor, it will list your windows key and all other software keys

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

or just use start 8 or something so that it works like windows 7

What didn't you like moving to 8.1 from 8? its like 99% the same

also if you cant find your key try using belarc advisor, it will list your windows key and all other software keys

Meh, Windows 8.1 isn't that bad anymore. At least their fixing a couple of problems I had with it. (One being those metro apps not  being able to close unless you switch to desktop and close using that left bar) What specific things did you not like? I'd like to know. :P

I just took a massive hit to performance and my boot times were a lot longer than they were on W8. I spent the last couple of days trying to fix it, but nothing I tried worked. Probably could have fixed it eventually, but it seemed like a lot less effort to just re-install Windows. Plus, now I have a nice fresh install.

Also, I cannot find that W8 key anywhere. I've checked every place I would have put a note with the key written down on, I've checked all of my e-mails and I even checked my bank statements and I can't see that I ever even bought it. I think I just imagined using it.  :wacko:

How could you hate Win8.1 compared to 8? They changed like 5 things....