Supercomputer used for Online Shopping

Sidiox

ARMONK, NEW YORK - 22 Apr 2014: Imagine having access to your own personal shopping assistant anytime, anywhere. Thanks to a partnership between IBM (NYSE: IBM) and Fluid Inc., the ultimate shopping advisor, powered by Watson, is poised to transform the consumer shopping experience.

So what is hindering that sizable share of the consumer market from making purchase decisions from their devicesω To start, the current state of online and mobile shopping yields a time-consuming, inefficient experience, as consumers comb through websites for information, link by link, or enter keywords into search engines and hope for the best. Today, 50 percent of consumers spend 75 percent or more of their total shopping time conducting online research, according to data from the e-tailing group and PowerReviews.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. 

It seems a bit wasteful to use such a powerful PC for such a task, but accelerating the usage of websites could also help the internet, less bandwith usage, more efficiency. 

I'm interested to see what kind of result this has and if supercomputers will be used for more tasks, and wheter we see amazon and such buy supercomputers for this kind of stuff. 

Source: http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/43722.wss 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

wait, wat.

Edit: nvm, i though you wanted to order something, and the supercomputer would do it for you instead, but i do agree on the amazon thing you said, it'd be cool

I was just thinking yesterday, that I wanted a wish list function on price aggregators, and e-mail notifications for new 'low price records'.

That way it wouldn't be so time consuming and hassling to find out when what I want is available for the price I value it at.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.